Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

FSUIPC ?

I installed latest update 4.60 last night,hoping it would make a difference to my FSX performance? But no luck? Please guys see my specs and you'will realize that I just below min.sys. req. Although I get joy of using FSXGold Accel. in this machine I keep trying to making work/perform better. I admit I might have,as I say below an addon that using too much of my limited RAM and is causing the problems...Berlopez

I installed latest update 4.60 last night,hoping it would make a difference to my FSX performance?
4.60 is two years old this March and hasn't been supported for over a year! Where did you find it? The current Installer version on the main sites (my Forum and the Schiratti site) is 4.758, and 4.761 is the latest interim update.FSUIPC isn't about performance, but facilities. However, it is made more efficient wherever I can see an opportunity to make it so. The most effective performance upgrade for it was in SimConnect, SP1 and the SP2/Acceleration, so make sure your FSX is fully updated.
Every 2-1/2 days, on average, since Octiber 1, 2006.
Are you sure? Phew! I must slow down. I'm 69 this year and will be looking to find more time for other things, so it will definitely be less! Folks will just have to stop making requests for interesting additions (I don't do boring ones <G> ).RegardsPete Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hello Pete, I found 4.60 at Schiratti site...I'll go there and try to find 4.758,4,761 and install...

Hello Pete, I found 4.60 at Schiratti site...I'll go there and try to find 4.758,4,761 and install...
There's been no 4.60 on the Schiratti site for over a year. You must have got a cached version. Check the text on the page for how to refresh your cache.You won't find all interim updates on the Schiratti page. I don't have easy access to that -- I'm dependent on Enrico updating it. For the very latest versions of all my stuff, and other useful things, you need to visit the Support Forum and browse in the Download Links subforum.RegardsPete

I have refreshed my cache, you were right; So much to learn...I just downloaded 4.758 and installed,Thanks for your advice and patients,BerlopezPS: I also just atempted a complete flight to a a local destination where I have addon scenery,which has been giving me freezes...I froze again after a perfect ILS. :(

FSUIPC is a must have if you own or thinking about buying hardware. Provides better controls than any external software program for mapping functions.

All the files are placed in the modules directory below your FSX directory.Cheers,- jahman.
How about DLL.XML and FSUIPC_reg.bin??????????Abe

Guest jahman
Are you sure? Phew! I must slow down. I'm 69 this year and will be looking to find more time for other things, so it will definitely be less! Folks will just have to stop making requests for interesting additions (I don't do boring ones ).
You might get a kick out of the numbers:1936 days since Oct 1, 2006 (approc. FSX release date) / 761 releases for FSUIPC v. 4 = 2.54 days between releases!Please never stop! :(
How about DLL.XML and FSUIPC_reg.bin??????????
Technically DLL.xml is not an FSUIPC4 file (but contains an entry from FSUIPC4), while FSUIPC_reg.bin I contains the registration/licensing information. I never track where licensing/registration files are because if the file is missing the program will require the licensing information to be re-keyed and the missing file will be regenerated.)
I also just atempted a complete flight to a a local destination where I have addon scenery, which has been giving me freezes...I froze again after a perfect ILS. :(
See if you can invoke Task Manager to see whats going on. Clicking on the column names twice will order the list of processes according to that column from greater to lesser. Start with %CPU, and continue to I/O Reads and then I/O Writes to see what your PC is up to. You might have to configure Task Manager to make some of these columns visible if they are not already visible.Chers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

Jahman,Thanks for you input, very much appreciated.I have a confession to make. For more than two years, I have been sharing my MAIN FSX folder with TWO installations of FSX. One in Windows XP64 and the other in Windows 7. The setup has been working just FINE all this time. I have NOT done any drastic changes. All of a sudden, about a week ago, I lost my FSUIPC connection on the XP64 installation, while the Windows 7 installation is still working just fine. I essentially use FSUIPC to connect to my Saitek Multi and Radio Panels. Short of reinstalling FSX in Windows XP64, is there something I should check to fix my problem? Would appreciate any suggestion.Thanks.Abe

Guest jahman
All of a sudden, about a week ago, I lost my FSUIPC connection on the XP64 installation
Did you make any changes or added new software a week ago?Did you try re-registering&re-installing FSUIPC4 under XP64?I'll defer to PeteD on any other suggestions...Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

Did you make any changes or added new software a week ago?Did you try re-registering&re-installing FSUIPC4 under XP64?I'll defer to PeteD on any other suggestions...Cheers,- jahman.
If I made any changes, they would have been very minor and completely unrelated to FSX. I, too, would like to have Pete's suggestion. Pete, please. thanks.Abe

You might also want to check the official FSUIPC Forum.Cheers,- jahman.
Before you approach Pete you better make sure you have read every example and followed every insttruction or he will most definetely give you a thrashing while helping you out. He's like Mr. Miyagi, you will be wax on and wax offing for the answer.

You might get a kick out of the numbers:1936 days since Oct 1, 2006 (approc. FSX release date) / 761 releases for FSUIPC v. 4 = 2.54 days between releases!
Ah, but some of those never made it out of the door. And I don't issue interim releases ending in 0 as those signify "proper" releases, so, for example, 4.760 never existed, not 4.750 etc. So take at least 10% off! ;-)
Technically DLL.xml is not an FSUIPC4 file (but contains an entry from FSUIPC4), while FSUIPC_reg.bin I contains the registration/licensing information. I never track where licensing/registration files are because if the file is missing the program will require the licensing information to be re-keyed and the missing file will be regenerated.)
FSUIPC_Reg.bin? Never heard of that ... it isn't something any current version makes, nor any older versions that I recall. But maybe my memory is failing? What's its date?DLL.XML isn't FSUIPC-specific. It is needed to make SimConnect load any DLL. Same as EXE.XML for EXE files. FSUIPC creates one if one didn't originally exist, but simply adds itself to one if it already exists but doesn't invlude it. This is different from FS9 and before which automatically tried to load any DLLs found in the Modules folder.RegardsPete
All of a sudden, about a week ago, I lost my FSUIPC connection on the XP64 installation, while the Windows 7 installation is still working just fine. I essentially use FSUIPC to connect to my Saitek Multi and Radio Panels.
Can you explain what you mean by "connection" in this context, as I don't follow?As far as I'm aware, on FSX the Saitek panels do not use FSUIPC, but interface directly with their own software to SimConnect. On FS9 they use FSUIPC without permission as they reneged on an agreement and never paid the modest license fee.maybe you are simply not running their drivers on the XP64 system?RegardsPete Edited by Pete Dowson

On FS9 they use FSUIPC without permission as they reneged on an agreement and never paid the modest license fee.RegardsPete
Seriously? I'm shocked!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!