Sign in to follow this  
anthony_d

X Plane Real Weather Turbulence

I keep the wind in mine at least 12 to 15 knots all the time. No problems, especially with the F33A.

Interesting-here is a video of what I see-holding correct aileron into the wind seems to have no effect:

Get the winds into the twenties and not only is this worse but the control of the aircraft is way too difficult.

this is what we needed: proof, not claims or plain allegations.if only XPX's flight model were at least up to FLIGHT's.so much for 'realistic' bleeding elements theory versus lookup table based flight modelling.thanks for sharing.

Edited by fly_like_an_eagle

Well to be fair there is a lot about xplane's flight model and blade element that makes it superior also (like landing the plane imho-a rather important phase! :) )

crashing in mid flight caused by real world weather turbulence, coming out of the blue/grey. I don't even get to land.once back on the ground, I always look forward to the nightmare of taxiing to the hangar. a symphony of stall sounds accompanied by screetching tires at low walking speeds. go figure.perhaps I should switch to space shuttle flying: no turbulence, no icing, always VFR conditions and clear skies in space.I am sure we can all agree the space shuttle features a truly realistic flight model :(

fly_like_an_eagleHave you submitted a bug report to xplane 10 about this ??

this is what we needed: proof, not claims or plain allegations.if only XPX's flight model were at least up to FLIGHT's.so much for 'realistic' bleeding elements theory versus lookup table based flight modelling.thanks for sharing.

so much for 'realistic' bleeding elements theory versus lookup table based flight modelling.
Ground behaviour during crosswinds and turbulence modeling have _nothing_ to do with the blade element theory.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

"Have you submitted a bug report to xplane 10 about this ??"nope, what for? have you? I am not part of the XPX beta team. and after all those years I am too frustated."Ground behaviour during crosswinds and turbulence modeling have _nothing_ to do with the blade element theory."bleeding elements theory has more to do with sarcasm.besidesthe Exlaminator is well aware.but he doesn't care.oh yeah

"Have you submitted a bug report to xplane 10 about this ??"nope, what for? have you? I am not part of the XPX beta team. and after all those years I am too frustated."Ground behaviour during crosswinds and turbulence modeling have _nothing_ to do with the blade element theory."bleeding elements theory has more to do with sarcasm.besidesthe Exlaminator is well aware.but he doesn't care.oh yeah
Seems we have established you are a troll.

"we" have decided to leave, since I don't participate in insulting threads
Sorry to call you a troll but i can't understand if you are frustrated so much about something in xplane you haven't contacted/informedthem about it.

CRFI models, and the new Activesky for XPLANE should address these issues.
How on earth are Hifi going to fix something that laminar has refused to fix for many versions of XP. Activesky for XP is but a twinkle in Damien's eye at the moment I suspect, but I am sure he doesn't want to spend another 6 years trying to fix a huge bug in yet another simulators weather engine. I'd rather he put his time and skill into depicting better weather systems that appear more realistic, perhaps reading satellite imagery to more accurately depict what is really happening around the world along with dynamic changes in weather between updates from the server based on TAF's etc.

Cheers, Andy.

Maybe he could hire you as his consultant seeing as you know so much about what he wants to do with his time.