Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Anyone using eyefinity + 3 screens?

Thanks jahman (and also for your input to this forum),I switched off EZdok and TrackIR while I was filming with my phone as it was difficult to hold the phone in a reasonable position, turn my head and configure the aircraft at the same time.The bezels are always a nuisance. Bezel correction is not too much of a problem with TrackIR because you just move your head a bit to get to hidden parts. Its better than mis-aligned panels.Quad HD TV's will be available at a reaonable price in a couple of years - 4096x2160. No more bezel problems then: http://www.anandtech...est-of-ces-2012

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest jahman
Quad HD TV's will be available at a reaonable price in a couple of years - 4096x2160. No more bezel problems then: http://www.anandtech...est-of-ces-2012
You're welcome! Those screens sure look nice! I read LG showed-off a 53" panel at CES...Cheers,- jahman.

Also the monitor bezels seem to get in the way regardless of bezel hiding: If you enable bezel hiding, then the physcal bezels hide parts of the instrument panel and you have to move your head sideways to see what's behind. But if you disable bezel hiding, then your screen visuals don't line up. So have you thought of removing the bezels? Is that even possible?I ask these questions because I would also prefer a 2 or 3 screen VC, but the bezels seem to keep getting in the way.
You know bezels are a funny thing, when I first started using 3 monitors they were a concern, but I have found over time, they have become like the rims on my glasses, I don't really notice them as my brain seems to tune them out at least in a 3 monitor arrangement where they are not in the middle of the vision. Edited by kludger

--John near KPAE

Guest jahman
my brain seems to tune them out
So you loaded the brain version of bexel hiding! :Big Grin:Good to know your brain can tune the bezels out.Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

Good to know your brain can tune the bezels out.
If that's the case, then I have NO chance :LMAO:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I'm in the process of getting info and specs on a 3 monitoir setup and am looking at dropping my GTX580 in favour for the ATI 6970 2gb + Eyefinity, to run on 3 x 1920x1200 24" screens. If there is anyone who has got that setup and can offer some advice I'd be grateful. I am particularly interested in the kind of performance hit (if any) I am likely to get if I run this setup in VC. The other option for me is to go SLI with another 580 or use TH2go, and either way the costs begin to get unrealistic for me. Selling the 580, which is only four months old, would allow me to get the cheaper ATI comparible card and go with eyfinity... what do you guys think?
Hi,I can share my experience with 3 monitors setup. I have two GTX570 1.5GB in surround mode,driving 3 1920x1200 24 inch monitor. I have an i7-950 oc to 4 Ghz. You need a very fast CPU to drive the frame and you will need to lower some settings. However, the immersion is great. Here is a mini test to give you an idea:Settings:Scenery Complexity: Dense, Autogen: Normal, Max Mesh, texture 7cm, water: low 2xMax weatherTraffics: 5% GA, 5%Air liner, Airport: low, not highway traffics, 10% boats, 10%leisure craftsAt KJFK, at dusk, fair weather, and at Rway 22R, here are the FPS for various planes (I have frame rate locked by FSX at 30)1. PMDG 737 NGX: 15-242. PMDG MD-11: 303. PMDG J41: 264. RealAir turbine Duke: 24-305. LD767: 306. Flight 1 Mustang: 18-26When flying GA, you can increase the scenery complexity up to very dense, and autogen to dense and GA traffics to 20% and have decent, smooth simulation. I have two profiles one complex airliner and another for GA. I am happy with the setup and can never go back to one single monitor. However, you must sacrifice some slider settings.Hope this helps

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi,I can share my experience with 3 monitors setup. I have two GTX570 1.5GB in surround mode,driving 3 1920x1200 24 inch monitor. I have an i7-950 oc to 4 Ghz. You need a very fast CPU to drive the frame and you will need to lower some settings. However, the immersion is great. Here is a mini test to give you an idea:Settings:Scenery Complexity: Dense, Autogen: Normal, Max Mesh, texture 7cm, water: low 2xMax weatherTraffics: 5% GA, 5%Air liner, Airport: low, not highway traffics, 10% boats, 10%leisure craftsAt KJFK, at dusk, fair weather, and at Rway 22R, here are the FPS for various planes (I have frame rate locked by FSX at 30)1. PMDG 737 NGX: 15-242. PMDG MD-11: 303. PMDG J41: 264. RealAir turbine Duke: 24-305. LD767: 306. Flight 1 Mustang: 18-26When flying GA, you can increase the scenery complexity up to very dense, and autogen to dense and GA traffics to 20% and have decent, smooth simulation. I have two profiles one complex airliner and another for GA. I am happy with the setup and can never go back to one single monitor. However, you must sacrifice some slider settings.Hope this helps
Hey man, thanks a bunch, that's extremely helpful, as I am running with very similar settings anyway.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi, I can share my experience with 3 monitors setup. I have two GTX570 1.5GB in surround mode,driving 3 1920x1200 24 inch monitor. I have an i7-950 oc to 4 Ghz. You need a very fast CPU to drive the frame and you will need to lower some settings. However, the immersion is great. Here is a mini test to give you an idea: Settings: Scenery Complexity: Dense, Autogen: Normal, Max Mesh, texture 7cm, water: low 2x Max weather Traffics: 5% GA, 5%Air liner, Airport: low, not highway traffics, 10% boats, 10%leisure crafts At KJFK, at dusk, fair weather, and at Rway 22R, here are the FPS for various planes (I have frame rate locked by FSX at 30) 1. PMDG 737 NGX: 15-24 2. PMDG MD-11: 30 3. PMDG J41: 26 4. RealAir turbine Duke: 24-30 5. LD767: 30 6. Flight 1 Mustang: 18-26 When flying GA, you can increase the scenery complexity up to very dense, and autogen to dense and GA traffics to 20% and have decent, smooth simulation. I have two profiles one complex airliner and another for GA. I am happy with the setup and can never go back to one single monitor. However, you must sacrifice some slider settings. Hope this helps
Great report, do you have a picture or even better a video of your setup?I'd be interested in seeing how you setup the views on the side monitors.Thanks

Great report, do you have a picture or even better a video of your setup?I'd be interested in seeing how you setup the views on the side monitors.Thanks
SUre, that's the bit I'm confused about too!

Howard

SUre, that's the bit I'm confused about too!
Hi all,There is no need to setup any view. I am using Nvidia surround mode (I just realized I posted in an Eyefinity topic) but the result is the same as Eyefinity: there is only one continuous 5760x1200 (i.e. 1920x3 monitors x1200) resolution. If you are in the VC the result looks like this:Sorry for the blurry image, I did not realized that it was blurry until I posted it, but you got the idea. The cockpit in the picture was the pan view of the VC of PMDG 737NGX 800.I had an Eyefinity setup before, but having two GTX helps with better frame rate and image quality.By the way, the frame number above is on a standard 3.07 Ghz (I am reinstalling my FSX) when I Oc'ed to 4 GHz, I got an increase of 31% in Framerate, so the NGX runs close to 30 FPS. It's really a personal choice, I want the surround view and lower some details to get smooth simulation. For SandyBridge system, you can increase details much more than with my system. Hope this helps Edited by Anxu00

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi all,There is no need to setup any view. I am using Nvidia surround mode (I just realized I posted in an Eyefinity topic) but the result is the same as Eyefinity: there is only one continuous 5760x1200 (i.e. 1920x3 monitors x1200) resolution. If you are in the VC the result looks like this:Sorry for the blurry image, I did not realized that it was blurry until I posted it, but you got the idea. The cockpit in the picture was the pan view of the VC of PMDG 737NGX 800.I had an Eyefinity setup before, but having two GTX helps with better frame rate and image quality.By the way, the frame number above is on a standard 3.07 Ghz (I am reinstalling my FSX) when I Oc'ed to 4 GHz, I got an increase of 31% in Framerate, so the NGX runs close to 30 FPS. It's really a personal choice, I want the surround view and lower some details to get smooth simulation. For SandyBridge system, you can increase details much more than with my system. Hope this helps
Hah, now we're getting somewhere. So effectively, what you have is exactly what I am trying to achieve. So what are your autogen setting when you get 30 frames in the VC? Also is this at an addon airport? This is important 'cos I only ever fly from third party airports.

Howard

The figures were for the default KJFK and the settings are in my previous post above. At Orbx 's YMML v2 and default Orbx settings, and for the NGX which is the most demanding, I get 13 FPS in the VC at dusk, building storms weather. With SandyBridge and above, you can expect to get above 15 FPS. While I am waiting for Ivy bridge, I don't use the NGX and is happy with MD-11 or LD 767 with 20-25 FPS at the most demanding air port. You could lower YMML setting and get good results as well.

Vu Pham

The figures were for the default KJFK and the settings are in my previous post above. At Orbx 's YMML v2 and default Orbx settings, and for the NGX which is the most demanding, I get 13 FPS in the VC at dusk, building storms weather. With SandyBridge and above, you can expect to get above 15 FPS. While I am waiting for Ivy bridge, I don't use the NGX and is happy with MD-11 or LD 767 with 20-25 FPS at the most demanding air port. You could lower YMML setting and get good results as well.
Tell you what Vu, I think you have just about made my mind up...The more I read, the more I think I'm going to stick with a single screen.

Howard

Howard,I am glad I could help. For me, I can never go back to single screen. Some day, with powerful CPU, I could run the 737 NGX at 30FPS and smooth. But today, I am content with MD-11 and LD767 when I want an airliner. Now for my normal flying, where I fly GA planes, I can crank up scenery complexity to extreme dense, and autogen to very dense and never drop below 30, with traffics cranked up to 20-30% as well. With Orbx scenery, let me tell you the three screens is something to really enjoy.

Vu Pham

Tell you what Vu, I think you have just about made my mind up...The more I read, the more I think I'm going to stick with a single screen.
Which is exactly what I did. I have tried just about all of the Saitek gear, monitors and 7 different graphics card configurations. I have never been happier with my single monitor setup with my Saitek gear.:smile: