Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

cannot start fsx

Hi guys i know iam probably going to have to do a reinstall luckly i got a complete back up of my hard drive on an external drive. Any way was hoping to see if there is an easy fix for my problem. When starting fsx i get an error saying flight simulator cannot run with out a valid scenery.cfg please uninstall/reinstall fsx. Also when selecting my ftx control panel i get terrain cfg has no land class section as well. I tried deleting my scenery cfg and was hoping fsx would start but it didnt

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Mmm, not sure. Why don't you do an FSX repair...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Mmm, not sure. Why don't you do an FSX repair...
thx for your quick reply howard but since i got a backup probably just as easy to use my back up any way since if using the repair option wont it delete all the pmdg planes etc or not.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You're probably right to be fair. I recently did just that. My first restore from a backup made by Acronis. The best addon I've got for FSX for ages!!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I don't recommend you do a repair of FSX, I couldn't even start it after the so-called 'repair'Restore from the backup (if you have one).

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

If you have a back-up, then look for your FSX folder. Within it, you should find the scenery.cfg.Just copy that into your active FSX directory. See if that works first.

If you have a back-up, then look for your FSX folder. Within it, you should find the scenery.cfg.Just copy that into your active FSX directory. See if that works first.
Thx for that found out the cfg in my progrmane data fsx was empty so just replaced it with the back up now got another problem when opening up fsx i get no aircraft showing in the window and if i do keep going and click fly all i get to see out side is blue

Peter kelberg

Thx for that found out the cfg in my progrmane data fsx was empty so just replaced it with the back up now got another problem when opening up fsx i get no aircraft showing in the window and if i do keep going and click fly all i get to see out side is blue
I'm a bit askew with your reply. Glad you managed to find that scenery.cfg back-up. But I'm not quite sure what you mean about no aircraft.Are you saying when you go to pick your aircraft, you see no aircraft in the small individual boxes listed as per developer? Maybe a screengarb would help. Did you delete the fsx.cfg and then let it rebuild itself?

I'm a bit askew with your reply. Glad you managed to find that scenery.cfg back-up. But I'm not quite sure what you mean about no aircraft.Are you saying when you go to pick your aircraft, you see no aircraft in the small individual boxes listed as per developer? Maybe a screengarb would help. Did you delete the fsx.cfg and then let it rebuild itself?
Hi srry bout that when u open up fsx and u suppose to get an aircraft spinning slowly around i dont get any aircraft at all showing but foiund out if i select my ftx orbox central not to default everything works as normal so was wondering if i would delete my fsx.cfg would that help and which fsx.cfg is the correct one to delete

Peter kelberg

Hi srry bout that when u open up fsx and u suppose to get an aircraft spinning slowly around i dont get any aircraft at all showing but foiund out if i select my ftx orbox central not to default everything works as normal so was wondering if i would delete my fsx.cfg would that help and which fsx.cfg is the correct one to delete
Ok, we are getting there, slowly, from thousands of miles across the other side of the world. It is a good thing I'm listening to the tennis from Melbourne.So, you do not see the default trike that loads when FSX is up and running. Let me see if I understand you correctly. Have you set your default scenery to load the ORBX FTX scenery and you then have all your hangar visible to you?The fsx.cfg to delete is the one that you replaced from your back-up wherever that is located which appertains to your current FSX program. Good luck.

So, you do not see the default trike that loads when FSX is up and running. Let me see if I understand you correctly. Have you set your default scenery to load the ORBX FTX scenery and you then have all your hangar visible to you?
Yea tennis has been good here so far been some great matches so far especially the one last nite. So getting back to my problem is that yes your correct when i set my ftx to the default setting than i load fsx i get no aircraft showing and if i keep going and click fly and when i enter the aircraft all i see is a blue screen looking thru the window of the aircaft, although i can see inside the aircaft etc but slecting vc views are all wrong iam sitting down on the floor and cant look above the shield. When selecting pmdg aircaft selecting the 2d view is ok, but still see a blue screen outside, when selecting vc mode i get the pmdg box. But if i select either oceania or north amercia in the ftx everything is fine. so i thinking some how selecting ftx to default is not changing the figures in the scenery.cfg. I posted this in the ftx forum and they been a great help they got me to this stage wherer least i still get to fly but one way is dont change to the default setting. But i like to try to solve the mystery. I let you know if the fsx.cfg thing works

Peter kelberg

Strange one this one looks like going to have to use my back up drive since deleting my fsx.cfg and letting it rebuild didnt work so i keep trying to solve this b4 i use the back up since cant work out why it doesnt work on the default scenery in ftx control panel and it works on the other 2 sceneries

Peter kelberg