Sign in to follow this  
Purplemonkey

Single Engine Rudder - Beta Target swings from one side to the other

Please helpWhen single engine after an engine failure - once the yaw has been contained and aircraft is climbing away the beta target (side-slip indicator) will not settle it swings randomly from one side to the other without any change to the rudder pedal deflection.The wind is set to zero.Any suggestions on how to resolve this? I am using CH Pro PedalsMany thansk

Does the 737NGX have auto-rudder enabled in SE as I can fly single engine without putting in rudder inputs and it automatically centers the side slip indicator. AUTO RUDDER IS OFF IN FS

I have successfully flown single engine approaches and even go-arounds. I will try and fly one in the next couple of days to verify but I do not remember a wildly swinging sailboat.....have you tried trimming (rudder) out the asymetrical thrust....have you looked at your flight path vector.....perhaps your CH's are spiking........................?

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper