Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

A 182TC?

I get where you guys are coming from but I AM looking forward to this. I didn't have the original 182s from Carenado and I was looking at getting the Flight1 model until I saw this today. Remember, the Carenado team only model aircraft that they can have access to. Also, stop complaining... nobody is asking you to buy it.
Actually, as a company producing a product, they ARE asking us to buy it... if they don't make something the customer wants, they don't sell it.In this case, there doesn't seem to be A, market for this product, or B, interest. thus, oops... get my drift?The whole 'access' argument is pretty flimsy really, any airfield that has a T182 with a g1000, caravans, c90s, malibus, mooneys, cessna singles, pipers , c340s, is going to have most of the planes people requestest, as they are in far higher circulation. Especially down in south america where they're work horses.I'm a huge fan of Carenado, always will be, I buy most of thier products, but I will not blindly support them, or buy the product simply because... I support them because they produce good products that I want, I haven't stopped supporting them, I just question the logic in this move...That and glass cockpits just annoy me. *whistle* (see this is the personal opinion bit, not the above) Edited by Firekitten

I would much rather an analogue Piper Navajo/Chieftan where I can go practise my NPA NDB approaches rather than a aircraft with a poorly designed G1000 suite which is based off the default suite... I will much rather fly the Flight1 model which supports terminal procedures, correct engine parameters and fuel options pages and also limited WAAS support....I am still waiting for a decent Commanche, Aztec or Navajo/Chieftan... and going by the other replies in this thread, I am not the only one!and one more thing.... I saw a post on the Carenado facebook mentioning the G1000 on the C182 as a testbed for the C90.... Well I god hope not cause I am yet to see a kingair with a G1000 suite...The closest that comes to a G1000 is the Collins Proline suite which a few kingairs have installed.

Edited by machine2035

Guest bstolle

The C90 will not have a G1000. Just the 'classic' avionics layout as presently offered by Raytheon which means only a glass ADI and HSI

Strange decision, given that Flight 1 just did the same thing. Yeah, an Aztec or a 207. (Better yet, a radial Otter. :( ) I glass cockpit 182 doesn't appeal to me at all. Cheers,Fritz

I agree...When I first saw the post my thoughts were "Have Flight1 just produced an excellent model for this..."Carenado usually get it right...but on this occasion I am baffled by their choice...Dave

I would so love to see Carenado do the Viking turbine Beaver and/or a Caravan float plane - my fondest dream.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

I have read several posts in the past on different forums where people complain that Carenado makes nice aircraft but they need to update their cockpits from the 1970's to modern standards. Now that they are making a modern 182 for us, some people still complain. I understand that their G1000 isn't the quality of the Flight1 Mustang's (which I own), but I don't understand the complaints. I am sure there are people who would like to fly a glass cockpit, but don't want the complexity of the Mustang's. If they make a product you don't like, don't buy it. Maybe if the new CT182T Skylane is a sales flop, it might tell Carenado to change their market focus.I agree there are other models I would like to see them instead rather than make the same aircraft over and over, but there are other companies doing the same thing. We have a lot of 737 models out there also because it is a popular aircraft. The difference is that each new release is better than the last. I really like flying my Carenado C182Q, but I am betting the new CT182T will be a better model than the Q.

Guest BeaverDriver

Well, you make a good point. They do keep improving and other companies do make the same machines over, that's true. I suspect that the people complaining that Carenado needs to update their cockpits are not the same as those complaining about them having glass cockpits though. Thus the discrepancy. I guess it's that it is others who are into the glass cockpits and modern airplanes, and for Carenado to duplicate that, especially so close on the heels of the F1 version, while machines that were very heavily requested on their own Wish List thread aren't being done, is what's not making sense to many of us. Some have said that they can only do aircraft that they have access to, and that's fair. But as Firekitten pointed out, chances are pretty good that if they have a 182 with a G1000 on the field, then the almost certainly have at least a Navajo and/or Aztec. Neither of those have ever been done for FSX, but there are more of those out there than there are G1000 182's IRL. We have gazillions of GA and airline machines in FSX, but not many planes you see commonly in the bush or more remote areas, and those are the same planes that you'll see at most airports - remote or not - so it's not like they would only sell a couple of them. If you look at the "Wish List" on this forum, you'll find a lot of people (not all the same person <LOL> ) have requested those bush machines. I think it's fair that the "bush babies" get something thrown their was as well. Of course, the final decision is Carenado's.

Edited by BeaverDriver

After reading all twelve pages of the Carenado request forum, including a post of my own for an aeromedical version of the C90, I will admit there seems to be a demand for the Aztec by some members. Several of the requests since 2009 were turned into new Carenado products like the Cessna C337, the Cessna 208 (two versions), the B58 Baron and the new Centurion. Other newer models were bush-type aircraft like the C172 and C182 with skis and floats.I think that Carenado is paying attention to forums like this for future development, so if we keep suggesting what models we would like to see, they will eventually produce them. Call me an optimist.

I have read several posts in the past on different forums where people complain that Carenado makes nice aircraft but they need to update their cockpits from the 1970's to modern standards. Now that they are making a modern 182 for us, some people still complain. I understand that their G1000 isn't the quality of the Flight1 Mustang's (which I own), but I don't understand the complaints. I am sure there are people who would like to fly a glass cockpit, but don't want the complexity of the Mustang's. If they make a product you don't like, don't buy it. Maybe if the new CT182T Skylane is a sales flop, it might tell Carenado to change their market focus.I agree there are other models I would like to see them instead rather than make the same aircraft over and over, but there are other companies doing the same thing. We have a lot of 737 models out there also because it is a popular aircraft. The difference is that each new release is better than the last. I really like flying my Carenado C182Q, but I am betting the new CT182T will be a better model than the Q.
Hi,This is probally due to Carenado modelling the C172N model which has an acient cockpit compared to say a C172R.. However the latter doesn't contain any glass cockpit at all (except the odd Bendix King GPS!) :)See the differences in the two pictures, it aint that hard! 26547_1305713487.jpg13538_1319686206.jpg

Pair Carenado's 182T with F1's G1000 avionics suite and you've got a sure fire winner. F1's C182 exterior model leaves a lot to be desired.

Guest BeaverDriver
After reading all twelve pages of the Carenado request forum, including a post of my own for an aeromedical version of the C90, I will admit there seems to be a demand for the Aztec by some members.Several of the requests since 2009 were turned into new Carenado products like the Cessna C337, the Cessna 208 (two versions), the B58 Baron and the new Centurion. Other newer models were bush-type aircraft like the C172 and C182 with skis and floats.I think that Carenado is paying attention to forums like this for future development, so if we keep suggesting what models we would like to see, they will eventually produce them. Call me an optimist.
Well, that is hopeful. And I didn't see the post for an aeromedical C90. I'll go and add my voice to that one now. I'd kill for one of those (is that an oxymoron - "killing" for an "air med" aircraft <LOL>??)