Sign in to follow this  
moxeetwo

FS Earth Tiles Problem

Can someone tell me why this is happening and what a solution might be. I Installed FS Earth Tiles on a new computer. Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD Phenom x 4 3.0GHz, 8Gigs RAM, with a PNY Nvidia GeForce 430, 1G Video Card. The Photo Scenery has white stripes running thru it. (See Attached Images) These white stripes go away when flying over them showing the scenery just fine. If I zoom in from above it looks like water moving.Thanks,Todd

Hi,What map service?Is the folder that contains the FSET scenery in slot #1 in your scenery file library in FS?

And from around what area did you create that scenery for?

Deer Park, WA. I also had the same problem with an area around the Pullman-Moscow airport South of Spokane.

I've done those areas with no problems so you should try again with FSET.

I did redo that area a couple of times and still have the problem, I did the area around PDX today and it does the same thing. Maybe FSX is causing the problem? I had FSET on an XP machine and didn't have any issues with it.

No, I use FSET for my FSX only right now and those areas are not like that.

If FSX isn't causing it FSET might be, should I try to reinstall it? Does running FSX or FSET in compatibility mode make difference?

No, I would try a different map provider and see what happens.

I used Virtual Earth for the Deer Park area with the same results. When I zoomed in really close I noticed the buildings and roads have pink and blue blocks on them. As seen in this image. I think this happened with Yahoo too.

I used Virtual Earth for the Deer Park area with the same results. When I zoomed in really close I noticed the buildings and roads have pink and blue blocks on them. As seen in this image. I think this happened with Yahoo too.
Hello moxeetwo,The pink and blue tiles are caused by a corrupted tile download, which usually is left white OR a corrupted satellite photo on that provider.I have had lots of those and the only way to fix the "corrupted" areas are with an image editing software such as Photoshop.Usually by cloning certain surrounding areas.best regards,shadowzy