Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

The Official Moderator of the Unofficial ORBX forum

Stephen, I've see your posts around the forum and am glad to have you with us. Please keep me in mind should you need additional eyes and/or opinions.
Thank you Chase,I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks for your help overnight. It will take me some time before I know what I am doing.Kind regards,

Thank you guys,Your warm expressions of support are deeply appreciated. I will need your help to have us all walk that line between expressing what we think and how we feel but yet not being abusive or insulting. I suspect keeping on topic will be the greatest challenge, for I have yet to learn how to do that myself 100% of the time.Kind regards,

Good luck Stephen,This may be a challenge based on recent events!

Thank you guys,Your warm expressions of support are deeply appreciated. I will need your help to have us all walk that line between expressing what we think and how we feel but yet not being abusive or insulting. I suspect keeping on topic will be the greatest challenge, for I have yet to learn how to do that myself 100% of the time.Kind regards,
I can't think of anyone more suited for the position than yourself Stephen. I look forward to seeing you around ...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I can't think of anyone more suited for the position than yourself Stephen. I look forward to seeing you around ...
+1

Congrats with the promotion! :( I hope you will have an easy job moderating this forum!

Congrats with the promotion! :( I hope you will have an easy job moderating this forum!
No doubt, he just need to look out for me and you.. :( (Just a joke Jeroen.)

No doubt, he just need to look out for me and you..
That most certainly was a part of his job description... :(

Congratulations Stephen! Nice to see you back too!

Congratulations Stephen! Nice to see you back too!
Thanks fellows. Hey Ross, where are you hanging out these days? Hope to catch up with you with TS in the skys sometime soon!Kind regards,

Hehehe, Stephen, never saw you became the mod here - I actually didn't even notice we had an unofficial ORBX forum! But now that you are here: congrats!! Talk about the right man for the job!Nooow... lemme see how I can keep you busy:Those who buy ORBX are Losers!? :(Edited by Moderator: The term Loser(s) is misappropriated as it actually belongs to the Hardware Forum... :( The appropriate technical term for ORBX users is "Enlightened" (with a capital E).

Edited by SpiritFlyer

Congratulations Stephen! I hope you all the best :)Cheers,Clem

G'day Stephen,Just saying Hi and congrats mate. I've been a lurker around here for a while and have avoided posting much, though I do read a whole lot. Your threads have always been extremely informative and well thought out - I know I've utilised them a whole lot in getting FSX running as well as I have. Am saddened by recent events over at the other forum, and while still active over there, have backed off on my posting since things started to go pear shaped. I look forward to seeing how this subforum develops, and sincerely hope that it doesn't become a forum for flaming ORBX or their products - but you're definitely the man for the job in that regard :smile:All the best mate, and thanks for all your advice over the past couple of years!Derek

G'day Stephen,Just saying Hi and congrats mate. I've been a lurker around here for a while and have avoided posting much, though I do read a whole lot. Your threads have always been extremely informative and well thought out - I know I've utilised them a whole lot in getting FSX running as well as I have. Am saddened by recent events over at the other forum, and while still active over there, have backed off on my posting since things started to go pear shaped. I look forward to seeing how this subforum develops, and sincerely hope that it doesn't become a forum for flaming ORBX or their products - but you're definitely the man for the job in that regard :smile:All the best mate, and thanks for all your advice over the past couple of years!Derek
Thank you Derek,It truly warmed my heart to read your post. I am determined that we will indeed have this forum rise above the current frustration, disappointment and revulsion many are feeling, to become a positive reinforcement and complimentary benefit and encouragement for ORBX customers and their products to the best of our capacity. Unfortunately we do not have all the knowledge and talent we need yet to really help in some of the more technical aspects, but I am sure we will improve as time goes by with the steady arrival of more members with special knowledge who feel wanted here. I hope that ORBX itself will do what it can to not hinder us in our support of stranded ORBX customers or any others that come this way. It is also extremely important to me that we do not lend support to those who have pirated ORBX software, and will remain on the lookout for any such kind to the best of our limited ability.We will allow no ORBX bashing here, nor will we allow this forum to become a center for flaming anyone connected with ORBX either. However, and this is really fundemental, people are free to express all their feelings in a legitimate and reasonable fashion on any subject that pertains, including why they are here in the first place, but I hope that even the most rightfully upset person who feels unfairly treated will rise above anger and move quickly to put it aside. We will not disallow honesty when it comes to expressing such matters in an appropriate tasteful fashion, but we will also strongly discourage vendettas from spoiling our purpose for this forum. That is a tall order, I know, but those are the goals I hope a lot of people here will come to agree with and support as best they can. Lets just build a forum where ORBX customers are treated with as much respect and decency they deserve and are entitled to.Thanks for prompting me to put some of this down in writing. I hope you stick around and participate too.Kind regards,

Congratulations Stephen! I hope you all the best :)Cheers,Clem
Hey, thanks Clem. That is very kind of you.Kind regards,