Sign in to follow this  
Mr.R

questions about the 737

Hi i just bought the PMDG 737 and i gotta say in the 10 minutes flying it i am really impressed, It is very smooth and very happy with the quality. I only have a few questions so far like where is the best place to learn and read about the 737's systems? I have also noticed its hard to use some of the knobs with my mouse i cant seem to turn it where i want can I fix that? and lastly i just figured out how to put on livery's and im just curious if anyone knows where i can get a Air Tran livery i didn't see one available. Well i also just wanted to say hi to everyone and that you will hear from me in the future Thanks.Corey

Hi Corey,I'm sure I read a post here re lack of raindrops in the vc ,it is a FSX issue, I tried a search for a file and found nothing. Anyone confirm this for Corey..?Steve.

the manuals
I know people hate it when I say things like Mitch here, but to be honest Corey, there's nothing better than the original Boeing manuals that came with the plane. You paid for 'em, you might as well get something out of them.I will say, though, that the AoA videos are quite popular around here, and seem to show people a lot of good information about the plane that they would otherwise be missing. I haven't purchased them, so I wouldn't be able to say anything either way. I would, however, avoid YouTube tutorials. One, only a some of them actually get it right; and two, only some of them have voices and instructing techniques that don't drive me up the wall (at least that's my opinion).

Kyle Rodgers

Manuals cover almost everything.http://www.b737.org.uk/This site doesnt have tutorials themselves but it explains the 737 systems very well.

There are also some helpful tips in the manual included with the product itself. I'd read through those and try out a tutorial flight. :(

Also Corey,Welcome to AVSIM, Glad to see you are onboard with us! :(

So you want to see raindrops on the addon.Follow the instructions here http://www.microsoft...eintheRain.aspxDownload the alternative tool at the bottom and then open it and convert the filesHope that helps
This is the first time I've seen this mentioned. Have you tried it? Does it work for you without issues? I'm asking because I think I might try it if someone can confirm that it works.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Dear Corey, Flight1 has the tool for you:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryOn top there is the "rainfix", it's a simple tool that works perfect. I would advice you to keep the tool on youre drive, you may also need it in the future.Sometimes when you download new planes something gets confused, next time you miss the rain again, this tool will fix it.Good luck an kind regards,Mark Carrick

That would not work though with the NGX now would it?

THe manuals off course are a very good way.But if you don't want to fight your way thru a couple of hundreds (not to say 2500) pages - and you have a couple of bucks left- AOA is a very nice way to learn it.Bert Van Bulck