Sign in to follow this  
paul123

If you can work this one out you are a genius !

HiI was just flying the PMDG 737 with ezdok when after about 30 mins I suddenly lost all external views of the aircraft, just bits of textures. All the cockpit views work fine. Does anyone know what could of suddenly caused this ?I then restarted fsx with the PMDG at a different airport with the same result, turned it off and restarted it at a different airport again and it worked... God I could throw Ezdok in the bin sometimes. Can anyone please help ?Regards Paul

System heat.A power supply or video card that may be going out.

I would run the EZDOK configurator again, just to make sure it places the correct entry in your aircraft.cfg file.

I would run the EZDOK configurator again, just to make sure it places the correct entry in your aircraft.cfg file.
+1 Run the config again. It takes seconds and has always fixed issues i have as you described above Steve

Sounds like you haven't got HIGHMEMFIX=1 in the [Graphics] section of the FSX.cfg.

Cheers, Andy.

System heat.A power supply or video card that may be going out.
eh? That's a weird first diagnosis?

eh? That's a weird first diagnosis?
Why would that be a weird diagnosis? Graphic corruption does occur from system heat, a faulty video card or from a faulty power supply. As Andy said I too would guess no HIGHMEMFIX=1 in the fsx.cfg but if that is in place then I would have to go with Jim's diagnosis.Bob

Sounds like you haven't got HIGHMEMFIX=1 in the [Graphics] section of the FSX.cfg.
System heat can indeed do strange things, but for my money I'd try the fix mentioned by AndyDigital. Worked for me and is about the easiest thing in the world to do. I can't speak to EZDok, I don't use it.

Thanks for all your replies everyone, I really do appreciate your input. Firstly I have got rid of easydok but the intermittent problem is still there.I have also run ******* Bojote tweaking tool so HIGHMEMFIX is now there. The problem is intermittent which makes it harder to track down. Regarding system heat my system has a H60 watercooler so it runs really cool. I have not overclocked it yet. This is how infuriating it is. just tried the PMDG from Lisbon and there were no external textures. Turned FSX off and tried the exact same flight again and it worked. I don't know what to do.........Systm spec is i52500kGeforce 560ti8GB DDR3 memory

Do you have a lot of addons installed? This sounds like a lack of available Virtual Address Space. The first thing that happens is graphic corruption like you describe, and eventually a OOM. What I did to solve the problem on my system is to manually load all optional addon dll's on startup (Usually but nt limited to aircaft addons). Now I have no issues. You do this by editing your dll.xml file and setting ManualLoad options from False to True. (Don't change the ones that you always want loaded like FSUIPC etc...) Then each time you start FSX it will ask you whether or not to load each DLL. Only say yes to the ones you are currently using. For example the 737NGXHUD dll for the NGX. Since I've been doing this, not only I'm not getting anymore Memory issues, the performance is smoother.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Yes I do have loadsand loads of add ons, the thought did cross my mind, Sorry what is an OOM ? Does add ons include scenery and airports ? Is there anyway I can check how much visual address space is being used during the sim?Thanks a lot Tom.Paul

Maybe try having EZCA.exe starting in admin mode although it sound silly it may work as it cures loads of problems FSX has. Regards Jordan

Yes tried that one Jordan.Ezca is disabled so it is not that. Just counted my add ons.... I have 26 add on airports, GEX, UTX Europe, REX ,GEX USA, 6 ORBX sceneries, around 4 scenery add ons, and about 4 extra payware planes. Yes I have spent a fortune .....If the problem is due to visual address space, which ones shall I disable to gain the most benefit ? I presume in the scenery I just untick the box next to the scenery I do not need ?Surprising what you learn on this forum, I just thought that if you buy a good chip and GPU and loads of memory you can install anything but obviously this is not the case !!

Pretty sure now this is a virtual memory issue. I read somewhere there is a dll file you can download. How do I resolve it ? Do I uncheck scenery or reduce which sliders ?Thankyou.