Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

Mcphat releases American Airlines Livery

Latley I am always behind the 8 ball on these kinds of news items but I noticed that Mcphat released their newest American Airlines paint for the NGX. I did not see a post about it so I thought I would inform the community.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

there was a post already.. you are a d ay late and a dollar short.Be warned however, there are problerms with the paint at night. Brings my modest machine to a STOP>I think it has something to do with the fact that there are a few missing night textures. No light cast on the winglet OR fuselage.

Edited by CapnOz

Peter Osborn

there was a post already.. you are a d ay late and a dollar short.Be warned however, there are problerms with the paint at night. Brings my modest machine to a STOP>I think it has something to do with the fact that there are a few missing night textures. No light cast on the winglet OR fuselage.
You may want to get your PC Checked out, my PC keeps going even through the night time.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

You may want to get your PC Checked out, my PC keeps going even through the night time.
- thanks for the advice!My video card may be on the way out. However im not convinced since this ONLY happens on the Mcphat AA paints.Can you confirm at KLAX FSDreamteam, and at nigh,t parked at the gate?Im seeing hard core stuttering to complete freeze. Absolutley fine during the day.

Peter Osborn

- thanks for the advice!My video card may be on the way out. However im not convinced since this ONLY happens on the Mcphat AA paints.Can you confirm at KLAX FSDreamteam, and at nigh,t parked at the gate?Im seeing hard core stuttering to complete freeze. Absolutley fine during the day.
I will try the setting you put forth and get back to you Peter!

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Works fine for me, mate. Shame you can't get it to work - just as nice at night.McPhat11Night-1a.jpg

Edited by Tomz000

Sorry guys, I looked for a post plus did a search. I did see the astrojet announcement but did not realize it had been announced in there. I thought a front page headline would inform more people.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Works fine for me, mate. Shame you can't get it to work - just as nice at night.McPhat11Night-1a.jpg
Yes, im at a loss then.The PMDG version is wierd with the scratches all over the place. I keep wanting to wipe them off....I guess its back to alaska airlines...

Peter Osborn

never understood having to pay more money just for a paintjobi spend most of my time in the cockpit anyway, i can't justify throwing down more dollars for something I barely see

never understood having to pay more money just for a paintjobi spend most of my time in the cockpit anyway, i can't justify throwing down more dollars for something I barely see
I too spend a lot of time in the cockpit - one of theee reasons why I bought the NGX (no other addon gives you that feeling of realism, in my humble opinion), but If you go to "Screenshotworld.com" for example, you can see that not everyone has the same opinion as you and would gladly invest for some eye candy (myself included). Of course, this is all subjective and dependent solely on what type of experience the user is looking for - that goes without saying. The phrase: "each to their own" springs to mind.....
I don'y think the Mcphat ones look any better than the ones from PMDG!
I don't in any way mean to be rude to you (so please don't take it that way), but, you are joking right??? You need to get your eyes tested mate! I mean, no disrespect to Pete (who spent hours bringing us quality paintjobs and whom I thank for his efforts - aswell as others for that matter), but there is no way anyone who's being honest, who's made the effort to go and look at the screenshots on their forum and who has actually bothered to compare both paintjobs on their own pc would ever come to that conclusion! That's like comparing a top of the range Crysler with an Aston Martin! No contest......StockAA.jpgMcPhatAA.jpgC'mon man, surely you can see the difference?

I too spend a lot of time in the cockpit - one of theee reasons why I bought the NGX (no other addon gives you that feeling of realism, in my humble opinion), but If you go to "Screenshotworld.com" for example, you can see that not everyone has the same opinion as you and would gladly invest for some eye candy (myself included). Of course, this is all subjective and dependent solely on what type of experience the user is looking for - that goes without saying. The phrase: "each to their own" springs to mind.....I don't in any way mean to be rude to you (so please don't take it that way), but, you are joking right??? You need to get your eyes tested mate! I mean, no disrespect to Pete (who spent hours bringing us quality paintjobs and whom I thank for his efforts - aswell as others for that matter), but there is no way anyone who's being honest, who's made the effort to go and look at the screenshots on their forum and who has actually bothered to compare both paintjobs on their own pc would ever come to that conclusion! That's like comparing a top of the range Crysler with an Aston Martin! No contest......StockAA.jpgMcPhatAA.jpgC'mon man, surely you can see the difference?
Everybody has a right to their opinion, MATE! Evidently you don't think I do tho! I'll say it again if need be!! You need to read your post again! Edited by pride545

Moe,they do look better. There is no doubt in that. Aston Martin is a better car then a Chrysler.That is not saying that Chrysler is a bad car, or that if it fits you better, you should not drive it.