Sign in to follow this  
Hnla

What does this crash report mean?

Hi! Happe Friday! Recently, my FSX has been crashing ALOT. Just at random times, my fsx will show the hourglass, and then "A fatal error occurred" and CTD. Now I know when it shows the hourglass in fsx, it ALWAYS CTD with the same error.So I went into the logs and here is the error codes:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7ba58Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000332ffFaulting process id: 0xce0Faulting application start time: 0x01ccd7d95721cdbaFaulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dllReport Id: b6dc0362-43cd-11e1-97ca-00266c917980Anyone have any ideas on what it is, and what "ntdll.dll" is? I've tried adding, and removing UIAutomationcore.dll, and to no affect.I would be delighted to have some assistance, as I would like to get flying like I used to :(

Guest jahman
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll,Exception code: 0xc0000005
ntdll.dll allows user programs like FSX to request system services from the Windows kernel, such as "give me more memory".In your case the Exception Code (I think) refers to a memory access violation, i.e. FSX requested a kernel service and passed a bad or NULL pointer in the function call to ntdll.dllntdll.dll.Do:
  1. Apply the UIAutomationCore.dll as directed in other posts
  2. Run Windows Update to make sure you have the latest MSVC and .NET Runtimes.

Cheers,- jahman.

Hi and thanks for your reply!This is so weird, as my FSX stability is not doing well; considering re-installing...When i select the PMDG BAE airplane, and press "Q" which mutes the sound, like 5 or 6 times it a row, it crashes for some reason.When I am taxiing an airplane to a runway, when I get to the runway hold short point, it seems to crash. They are different error messages too, sometimes it's "a fatal error occurred" and other times it's "fsx has stopped working".It's so weird...I tried adding Uiautomationcore.dll and it does absolutely nothing. I updated, and that didn't work either.

Edited by Hnla

Guest jahman
When i select the PMDG BAE airplane, and press "Q" which mutes the sound, like 5 or 6 times it a row, it crashes for some reason.
If you're using a Soundblaster Audigy, make sure your driver is up to date. There have been reports of many BSODs caused by this card's driver in this forum.Cheers,- jahman.