Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

What will I gain compare to this..

As the title said what will I gain compare to these vid. using Prepar3D?The first vid. is from KHQM in winter time, early morning, very cold day, I added a lot of FPS killer like bloom, full cloud coverage draw distance 110/176 km, heavy winds, lens flare +++, take off and landing was rough because of the wind, vomit bag needed.The other vid. is from the same airport, spring time same conditions but with less wind and warmer temp, taking off at night.So for you who tried Prepar3D I would like to know what I will gain by using it if you compare Prepar3D to the vid. I made.Nothing fancy as I used only fraps to record, no track IR and no editing,

As the title said what will I gain compare to these vid. using Prepar3D?The first vid. is from KHQM in winter time, early morning, very cold day, I added a lot of FPS killer like bloom, full cloud coverage draw distance 110/176 km, heavy winds, lens flare +++, take off and landing was rough because of the wind, vomit bag needed.The other vid. is from the same airport, spring time same conditions but with less wind and warmer temp, taking off at night.So for you who tried Prepar3D I would like to know what I will gain by using it if you compare Prepar3D to the vid. I made.Nothing fancy as I used only fraps to record, no track IR and no editing,
About a 10%-15% increase in framerate in all situations. It has been proven more than once already. Word Not Allowed and I did various tests to show framerate improvements.

So from what you saw my frame rate were not that good? I should have left the FPS counter on...I'll make another vid. with the counter on. What is your average FPS in similar situations?Visually, using Prepar3D should I expect something you have not see in my vid., if the answer is yes, what is it?Thank you.

So from what you saw my frame rate were not that good? I should have left the FPS counter on...I'll make another vid. with the counter on. What is your average FPS in similar situations?Visually, using Prepar3D should I expect something you have not see in my vid., if the answer is yes, what is it?Thank you.
Visually, P3D actually does have a more slightly sepia based color tone.

Alain,NIce vids. There is nothing wrong with your FPS in FSX. In fact most people who tweak there systems well will get as good performance in FSX. If you were to switch to P3d (which i use), you would not see much if any FPS increase from FSX. you might notice a little improvement in smoothness. Not that your videos are not smooth, just that you might notice a slight improvement in smoothness. MY FSX runs about the same as yours, and I noticed an improvement in P3d, although very small. That alone, probably wouldnt have been enough for me to hassel with porting addons to P3d.What did make me finall switch to Prepar3d, was the increase in texture quality. In FSX, while doing a long flight in an airliner, I would notice the textures at the destination airport would become a blurry mess. Sometimes it would clear itself up, sometimes I have to pause it and reload the flight. I just didn't enjoy it anymore. The blurry texture problem has been a thorn in the side of FSX since it came out. For me P3d totally fixes that since it used Shaders model 3.0 and a few other optimzations that FSX, will never have. So aside from a slight FPS boost, which is no big deal since I was more than happy with FSX in that regard, the textures stay clear and crisp! and that will keep me using Prepar3d for the foreseable future.That being said, I have a hard time recomending anyone move on to P3d at this time because there are still some addons that dont work with it or require a lot of tinkering to get them to work. I have almost all my FSX addons working at this point and an very happy. More than I ever was in FSX. However, its been a struggle to get everything working. If more developers jump onto P3d, it will a better situation for those who want to use it. Right now, only a few do. Give it time and see. When P3d supports DX11 in a year or so, it will be a must have IMO. but right now, Id sit an wait to see what happens with it.If your a tweaker and like to fiddle with files, like I do, than go for it! but just know its not as easy to install addons to it.One other bonus with P3d, is it is a lot more stable. It hasent crashed on me yet, and ive loaded a ton of stuff in it. FSX would sometimes crash on me mid flight (although not often).Hope this helps,Rob

Edited by Comanche

Also, John Nicol has stated numerous times that they are implementing a new graphical rendering system that incorporates DX11.

Alain,NIce vids. There is nothing wrong with your FPS in FSX. In fact most people who tweak there systems well will get as good performance in FSX. If you were to switch to P3d (which i use), you would not see much if any FPS increase from FSX. you might notice a little improvement in smoothness. Not that your videos are not smooth, just that you might notice a slight improvement in smoothness. MY FSX runs about the same as yours, and I noticed an improvement in P3d, although very small. That alone, probably wouldnt have been enough for me to hassel with porting addons to P3d.What did make me finall switch to Prepar3d, was the increase in texture quality. In FSX, while doing a long flight in an airliner, I would notice the textures at th edestination airport would become a blurry mess. Sometimes it would clear itself up, sometimes I have to pause it and reload the flight. I just didnt enjoy it anymore. The blurry texture problem has been a thorn in the side of FSX since it came out. For me P3d totally fixes that since it used Shaders model 3.0 and a few other optimzations FSX, will never have. So aside from a slight FPS boost, which is no big deal since I was more than happy with FSX in that regard, the textures stay clear and crisp! and that will keep me using Prepar3d.That being said, I have a hard time recomending anyone move on to P3d at this time because there are still some addons that dont work with it or require a lot of tinkering to get them to work. I have almost all my FSX addons working at this point and an very happy. More than I ever was in FSX. However, its been a struggle to get everything working. If more developers jump onto P3d, it will a better situation for those who want to use it. Right now, only a few do. Give it time and see. When P3d supports DX11 in a year or so, it will be a must have IMO. but right now, Id sit an wait to see what happens with it.If your a tweaker and like to fiddle with files, like I do, than go for it! but just know its not as easy to install addons to it.One other bonus with P3d, is it is a lot more stable. It hasent crashed on me yet, and ive loaded a ton of stuff in it. FSX would sometimes crash on me mid flight (although not often).Hope this helps,Rob
I've never had any problems with crashes, FSX maxed out or not, about blurries, I don't have them in the situation you are describing if I keep the Lod Radius at 4.5, higher Lod Radius will definitly be good if you are flying high, thing are sharper but in real life flying thing not appear that sharp at 30,000 feets, the higher your Lod Radius number will be = better chances of seeing blurries at landing (based on my own experience), keep your Lod Radius at 4.5 and report back....I'm assuming that your number is greater then 4.5...I guess I'll stick with what I have.
Visually, P3D actually does have a more slightly sepia based color tone.
That can be easily adjusted in the Nvidia control panel.

Hi Alain,Ive played with the lod radius for years in FSX and it never equalled to what I get in P3d. It really is a major improvement in that area. Also, in FSX, if I turned Bloom on, it would cut my FPS down a few digits. Still fine, but it would take a hit. In P3d, I get no frame rate hit with Bloom on. Im not sure I really like bloom, but thats another story. Point is, P3d has many under the hood improvements over FSX that keep a few of us using it. I dont use FSX at all anymore except to port addons to P3d. Once in a while I boot it up and can see it has clearly excellent FPS, but still not as fluid as P3d on the same computer.Rob

Cool video - What plane are you flying? Also do you have a scenery addon? It looks great...

A Picture say more then 1000 words... 4 shots to compare over the beautiful freeware NL2000 scenery. The rest is standard settings. In detail and color, P3D is a absolute winner.Nvidia Inspector AA enhanced in application 8QS and AF 16xRunning 2600K OC at 4,5 Ghz + GTX 580 Framelimiter 30, Bojotes cfg tweak in FSXP3D is fine to get 30 fps in non overclocked mode. In FSX I need the overclock. P3D standard cfgAs soon as I get Track-IR working and FSInn/SQbox I'll take the final step to P3D

Edited by simba_nl

That's quite a difference in color. However, using for instance ENB or the monitor settings (using the hardware or software), you could mimic those P3D colors in FSX. But are you sure you are using the same settings for weather? Because the FSX pictures seems to have a lower visibility distance setting? The difference looks a lot like what I get in FSX itself when I go fro, visibility 32 nm to unlimited... Just checked in FSX and things look like on your pics indeed at unlimited visibility.

Edited by J van E

That's quite a difference in color. However, using for instance ENB or the monitor settings (using the hardware or software), you could mimic those P3D colors in FSX. But are you sure you are using the same settings for weather? Because the FSX pictures seems to have a lower visibility distance setting? The difference looks a lot like what I get in FSX itself when I go fro, visibility 32 nm to unlimited... Just checked in FSX and things look like on your pics indeed at unlimited visibility.
Yep, nothing is faked, I'm not promoting P3D and every P3D user can check the difference. I can increase the visible performance even more by using the SUPERVCAA 64/12 in Nvidia Inspector but normaly I fly in 3D Vision and is to much for the hardware due to double rendering. The Dutch landscape is really come to "near real" in P3D colours and sharpness and a WOW factor in 3D Vision. I can't wait for the DX11 version... Edited by simba_nl

Guys, what I was trying to get at is this, what will I get more out of P3D with the settings I had in FSX, that's all, everything was maxed, all boxes ticked, roads vehicules at 30%, no airline traffic, general aviation traffic 100% including airport vehicules maxed and water at Mid 2.x, as far as colors and stuff like that one can change it in Nvidia Inspector, by the way both vid. I made were in DX10, no shimmerings and flashing lights at night.So what I'm trying to know has nothing to do with colors and stuff like that, what I want to know is how much better will P3D run with the same settings as I have in FSX.Can somebody test this for me.Thank you.

So what I'm trying to know has nothing to do with colors and stuff like that, what I want to know is how much better will P3D run with the same settings as I have in FSX.
About 10-15% better FPS.