Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Angle of Attack Training

Hello all.I am interested in buying the training from angle of attack however I am finding the site lacking in information. I am aware that not all the sections of the project are complete but I cant see where it tells you what sections are actually complete.I have sent a question to them but as you have to be a customer to access the forum I am unable to ask in their forum.As a result I thought I may as well ask those in here who may have the product.Regards allJames

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I have it..so far, we have:Aircraft LightingCaution and WarningEmergency EquipmentFire ProtectionIce and Rain protectionGPWSI know there are many more to come. At least another six or seven. They're really good. I can't recommend them enough. They are expensive, but I think they're worth it. I only subscribed to the Groundwork section, which covers the aircraft's systems. There is a whole PIC section that will do much what most of the existing tutorials do, in that they'll set you flights to do, RL emergency procedures set up in flights etc. Very high quality stuff IMO

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I have paid out for their full service and got very little back - their website is unclear to say the least!I am not sure if I would recommend their services to anyone :sad:Kimberly Richmond-Jones

I bought it and got my money back.They take too long to produce a video.I can go on youtube, watch a RW type rated 73NG pilot in 1080p give me tutorials and its FREE!!!! Sure the youtube videos won't tell you what Light is tied to what Circuit Breaker etc but, by the time they get around to the real good stuff (FMC, LNAV, VNAV etc) I'm going to flying a different plane and won't really give a damn anyway.They want your money NOW and they'll give the rest of product later......no thanks!Note: They do all of this based on the fact that when EVERYTHING is done (videos) they are going to jack there prices up, way up, well they can go right ahead and pull that one and I'm sure very very few people will be interested in AoA 737 training a year from now!Cheers

Edited by fakeflyer737

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I bought it and got my money back.They take too long to produce a video.I can go on youtube, watch a RW type rated 73NG pilot in 1080p give me tutorials and its FREE!!!! Sure the youtube videos won't tell you what Light is tied to what Circuit Breaker etc but, by the time they get around to the real good stuff (FMC, LNAV, VNAV etc) I'm going to flying a different plane and won't really give a damn anyway.They want your money NOW and they'll give the rest of product later......no thanks!Note: They do all of this based on the fact that when EVERYTHING is done (videos) they are going to jack there prices up, way up, well they can go right ahead and pull that one and I'm sure very very few people will be interested in AoA 737 training a year from now!Cheers
Then you were an idiot to give them your money in the first place. They make no secrets about their videos not being available at the time of purchase. Still, I bet you are far too busy reading the FCOM as we speak ;-) Edited by CrashEd

Ed Haslam

Then you were an idiot to give them your money in the first place. They make no secrets about their videos not being available at the time of purchase. Still, I bet you are far too busy reading the FCOM as we speak ;-)
I knew te videos weren't completely done, but I didn't think we'd get one per month, thanks for calling me and idiot. The owner (Chris) keeps giving telling everyone about there problems "our editor quit" etc etc, I just think they need to make the videos and release them faster. Edited by fakeflyer737

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Then you were an idiot to give them your money in the first place. They make no secrets about their videos not being available at the time of purchase. Still, I bet you are far too busy reading the FCOM as we speak ;-)
You need a time out.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I may get in trouble for this from others, but from I've seen via previews I think the AOA training is a little over rated...all it does for me is make me jealous of their computer specs....lolI think if one sat down with the FCTM and did a quick run through of the systems descriptions in the FCOM they'd be in a very good position to really enjoy the NGX.Save your money and use it to print off a copy I the FCTM at staples or something.This is my personal opinion of course and I no way want to imply that the AOA boys do poor work.

Edited by Houghton11

I previously bought the MD-11 training but at a time it was finished.I was very pleased with it and based on that trust i bought the whole package for the 737 NGx as soon as they made it available.In my opinion (mind you this is a subjective meaning but that is what you asked for) i think the material released sofar (groundwork, for details see post by quadraspleen) is not as advanced as it was announced.AOA (Chris) is open about the problems he is facing and as such one can either conclude they are in deep S..T or one can conclude that the director is at least recognizing his challenge and is working on it.But like others before have mentioned, he isn't gaining speed. In fact he is losing my confidence that he is able to correct the loss of good staff and speeding up the delivery (as indeed it was promised to be one training a month with expectations that this could be speeded up).Still: If you get delivered what has been promised the training is worth its money. But to step in now would be i think unwise to do. If i had to do it over i would wait for more chapters to be complete and than join (even if that meant paying a bit more which is something i doubt will really happen given the economic crisis and prices that tend to go down instead of up)Good luck with your choice

I knew te videos weren't completely done, but I didn't think we'd get one per month, thanks for calling me and idiot. The owner (Chris) keeps giving telling everyone about there problems "our editor quit" etc etc, I just think they need to make the videos and release them faster.
I apologise for calling you an idiot mate, didn't mean it to come across like that, but all you hear is people saying, ' why can't i have my videos immediately, blah, blah, blah'. It seems you are not one of those, but there are far too many impatient people these days...If they are having problems with editors etc, then so what. There are a lot of companies in crisis at the moment. Agreed, they could be quicker, but Chris is doing an excellent job of filing the void by producing some good 'flow' videos. Three in just over a week if I'm not mistaken. I'll be sticking with them for now. I've got faith in those guys - far better than the majority of home brew vids on YouTube which are often incorrect. Agreed though that there are a lot of good alternative resources out there. Edited by CrashEd

Ed Haslam

I have it..so far, we have:Aircraft LightingCaution and WarningEmergency EquipmentFire ProtectionIce and Rain protectionGPWS
There are three more in Linework, I hope you folks are aware..Stefan

Stefan Ticusan

Guest dlrk

It's incomplete, I purchased it and immediately requested a refund. If you purchase it, you're basically pre-ordering.

I purchased the training and I must say the videos are very good. Video training is way quicker and easier than reading hundreds of pages from a book. I wish the video completion rate was quicker too but I also wish that PMDG would complete there aeroplanes quicker too. Training is excellent, just be patient.

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

I bought in for the full training. + The training video's are really good.- they still are working on it.So: if you have some patience, it's probably the way you want to go. If you are not patient, don't do it; just read the FCTM, FCOM1 and FCOM2. :Thinking:Bert Van Bulck