Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Angle of Attack Training

I bought in for the full training. + The training video's are really good.- they still are working on it.So: if you have some patience, it's probably the way you want to go. If you are not patient, don't do it; just read the FCTM, FCOM1 and FCOM2. :Thinking:Bert Van Bulck
Summed it up perfectly.

Ed Haslam

AviatorPro was a pretty good deal for a new virtual pilot for me, subscribed for one month and got all their videos (30+)...only manage to watch like half of them but I only paid something like $8 (after discount). I would wait until they finish all the videos.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I can go on youtube, watch a RW type rated 73NG pilot in 1080p give me tutorials and its FREE!!!! Sure the youtube videos won't tell you what Light is tied to what Circuit Breaker etc but, by the time they get around to the real good stuff (FMC, LNAV, VNAV etc) I'm going to flying a different plane and won't really give a damn anyway.Cheers
Is this who you are talking about?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVoQshqTOPw&feature=related

Check out the videos from 'Skysurfer', iirc, if you want to go down the YouTube route. He's a (nice) guy on this forum (CircleToLand) and a 737 pilot.

Ed Haslam

I think what is really sad is the attitudes of some of the simmers (particularly on this forum).Here are a group of very talented guys, producing cutting edge CBT on the PMDG NGX (which happens to be the BEST Flight sim aircraft in existence) at a very reasonable price (actually, it's extremely cheap, if people really had an idea about some of the other CBT out there.) and being compared to the unprofessional productions on youtube.It not only irks me that this comparison goes on, but this ever growing arrogance that the uninformed have the driving power because of their ability to pass judgement on a product and that they "speak with their wallets".I am not advocating for one minute, that bad products shouldn't be weeded out of our life, but having used this product since day 1, IMHO, this is a great value for dollar service.I guess it's human nature to knock somebody's efforts (and it's so easy on a faceless forum) and I 'd say the tall poppy syndrome is also tossed in there, but it's also those same people who are at the front of the line complaining when the developers all close up shop.So, after that rant, did I buy the NGX, you bet your bottom dollar! Did I buy the best CBT training at a very cheap price from AOA, you bet your bottom dollar!Frank Cooper

I think what is really sad is the attitudes of some of the simmers (particularly on this forum).It not only irks me that this comparison goes on, but this ever growing arrogance that the uninformed have the driving power because of their ability to pass judgement on a product and that they "speak with their wallets".I am not advocating for one minute, that bad products shouldn't be weeded out of our life, but having used this product since day 1, IMHO, this is a great value for dollar service.So, after that rant, did I buy the NGX, you bet your bottom dollar! Did I buy the best CBT training at a very cheap price from AOA, you bet your bottom dollar!Frank Cooper
Frank, noone is doubting the quaiity of AoA; I believe some were just regretting 'pre-paying' as only several videos have been produced and they are taking an awful long time to produce them (quality videos takes time). I will subscribe to the 737 NGX package when the videos are complete because I like to know what I'm buying into.In the mean time, others are just suggesting youtube as an alternative. And whos knocking on their production values now? I think some of the youtube videos I've seen are excellent, I've learned tremendously, and the value is free. You can't beat that.

Quite a good series of tutorials for the basics of FLYING the PMDG 737NGX are located as noted below. The guy seems to know a lot about the product and has a good clear voice (no crappy music) and the pace is excellent as are the 1080p graphics. PMDG 737 NGX Full Tutorial by FSXpilot767 on UtubeI too bought the full AOA package. The product produced so far is very good. I would rather they would have started with flying and gone back to the details later. Lots of good freebies on their site for customers. I love EZcam that they suggested. The informal lessons Chris is putting out are ok, but he should listen to FSXpilot767 who is MUCH better (or hire him). Chris is not good at unscripted material.Output pace is very slow and lots of errors on the last one.Would I purchase it again knowing what I know now? Probably not until they are finished.Dave "Stall" Ambrose

The only complaint I have with AoA is they have not awarded me the screenshot contest winner. I'm sure I won it because my submission was awesome.AngleOfAttackScreenshotWinner.jpgP.S. I just realized I have now probably blown my chances ... oh, well.

Edited by IFR7700

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Is this who you are talking about?
Uhhh, NO!
Check out the videos from 'Skysurfer', iirc, if you want to go down the YouTube route. He's a (nice) guy on this forum (CircleToLand) and a 737 pilot.
Exactly!He's a real world 737 pilot. The only problem is that he has a VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY strong German accent, sometimes it makes it hard to understand him.Here is his Funchal tutorial:

Now back to the topic....I was going to buy the NGX training, but like Darrol said, it's more like a pre-order and I don't like that kind of stuff. However, I'll be more than glad to pre-order the PMDG 777... :( Edited by linux731

Angle of attack, the biggest disappointment since Airsimmer...Aviator pro : It's twice more expensive than a dev subscription to P3D and the service gets worse and worse, sometime you pay a month without any new video.737NGX : They keep telling us that their process is still teething, "6 month now" and update us about team communication, strategies to solve problems, etc... When they just need to do one thing, WORK.If I was as effective as them when I did DVD authoring in Bangkok, i would have lost my job in a matter of second.Sorry to be so crude, but I spent more than 500 bucks on this company

Edited by bendead

Don't buy it yet. It is of no value at this early stage of development.Maybe when it is ready.Those guys are just bragging of how extremely good their product will be, but they can't deliver.Now it is almost 6 months since the NGX was released and so far they have only 5-6 videos of elementryissues that can be read in the NGX documentation.Stay away until they have a product to sell.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

I totally agree with you. So far it's been fairly Ok PowerPoint presentations, but they have taken 3-4 weeks to make a presentation that could have been done in less than a day, for a PP-pro. Allways excuses for the delays, VERY unprofessional if you ask me. Most of the information presented you can find for free in the PMDG manuals or on the net and some of them have better quality than the ones from AoA.

im still betting they will still have 737 vids to do when the 777 comes along in a few years. I got the captains package and they are very good videos but its going to take them along long time.