Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Angle of Attack Training

Interesting reading. This is why (and without knowing i was doing it) never went down the AOA path even though i was enthusiastic & excited from their sneak peak videos etc. And found their site bit awkward. The NGx is a blow-away . . show stopper. (derrrr).Im sure in time they will deliver, as PMDG did. All good things take time (such a putrid saying but it is what it is) and in the meantime will continue with hardcopy FCOMS i purchased.P.S. when is the 777 being released. Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!

Edited by Jeff_B

I think what is really sad is the attitudes of some of the simmers (particularly on this forum).Here are a group of very talented guys, producing cutting edge CBT on the PMDG NGX (which happens to be the BEST Flight sim aircraft in existence) at a very reasonable price (actually, it's extremely cheap, if people really had an idea about some of the other CBT out there.) and being compared to the unprofessional productions on youtube.It not only irks me that this comparison goes on, but this ever growing arrogance that the uninformed have the driving power because of their ability to pass judgement on a product and that they "speak with their wallets".I am not advocating for one minute, that bad products shouldn't be weeded out of our life, but having used this product since day 1, IMHO, this is a great value for dollar service.I guess it's human nature to knock somebody's efforts (and it's so easy on a faceless forum) and I 'd say the tall poppy syndrome is also tossed in there, but it's also those same people who are at the front of the line complaining when the developers all close up shop.So, after that rant, did I buy the NGX, you bet your bottom dollar! Did I buy the best CBT training at a very cheap price from AOA, you bet your bottom dollar!Frank Cooper
+1. And it didn't cost $500, it was $49 I think. I pre-order stuff all the time, like orbx etc. each to their own but I think some of the criticism is unwarranted, and the ppl who got their money back straight away, well, how do you know whether it would have been worth it? People have no patience anymore. I just bought a new VW Transporter van; I had to pay £1500 up-front and then wait nearly nine months for it to arrive...

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I own it and appreciate the quality of the videos but having said that I am very disappointed in the slow pace of production. I would recommend that you wait until the series is complete before purchasing.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Well at least MOST of agree that we arn't happy with the progress. My dad is producer for a TV show and I showed him a video and he told me that a pro-editior could produce something like that in a few hours, very disappointing.!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Sad really, i wish the guys at AoA the best of luck getting things rolling.I must say though it seems in hind sight a big mistake on there part offering preorders for a product that clearly didnt even have a production schedule properly mapped out.

Jason Aerts

+1. And it didn't cost $500, it was $49 I think. I pre-order stuff all the time, like orbx etc. each to their own but I think some of the criticism is unwarranted, and the ppl who got their money back straight away, well, how do you know whether it would have been worth it?People have no patience anymore. I just bought a new VW Transporter van; I had to pay £1500 up-front and then wait nearly nine months for it to arrive...
+1 And we wonder why there so much trouble going around the world you can boil it down to patience

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have been flying the 737NGX for quite some time now and only used the provided tutorial. Just recently I used trisager's tutorial. I can fly the plane from cold and dark to cold and dark without any problems. I guess those video's are only needed when you want to know all the ins and outs of the plane...? They sure aren't needed for normal flying. I wouldn't spend a penny on video's like these.

Yea, they release their Linework flow videos every two days now. I personally enjoyed their videos, and their customer support (for me anyway) is exceptional!Their set of video to me acts as a bank of knowledge. It's very in depth, and somewhat easy to understand (sometimes still require some time to get around what they are saying). Very clear and clean on the presentation. But like previously said, they have yet to come out with all, and they are working on a serial production (one video at a time, because they only have one video editor from the information that was communicated to the customers.But if you're looking for a more systematic approach to learning the NGX, AOA is the go (of course there are always other ways to do this). If you're looking for quick information, I'm sure besides what's been mentioned, there are just tonnes of materials online, youtube and paper documents to satisfy your needs.Good luck with your choice, and happy Chinese New Year!

Edited by Brenchen

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

I have the ground work package, and the videos are great. I am a little dissapointed on the speed to which they are released.As for the website, I hate to admit it, but it is by far the most awkward and confusing website I have ever used. And all those little Topgunish cliches all over the site are a bit juvenile. They really lower the level of professionalism on the site IMHO. Kind of feels like its run by a bunch of surfers.

The site looks more like a Political Blog type of website then a Training Website, once everything is "released" and if it's soon I'll re-buy it.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Thanks for all your input ladies and gents.You seemed to have underlined my feelings and suspicions and I have decided to avoid the purchase until all is complete.Thanks again allRegardsJames

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Thanks for all your input ladies and gents.You seemed to have underlined my feelings and suspicions and I have decided to avoid the purchase until all is complete.Thanks again allRegardsJames
Even though I concur with most of the things said in this topic. One IMHO good reason to buy it now would be the fact that you get the Captains package for 79$, as for the probably couple of hundre bucks it will cost when it's done ;)

Bjørn Helge Småvollan

Well at least MOST of agree that we arn't happy with the progress. My dad is producer for a TV show and I showed him a video and he told me that a pro-editior could produce something like that in a few hours, very disappointing.!
TV show: so it's probably completely unrealistic or wrong or fake, let alone a good educational product? Ask your dad how much people are involved and how much money customers have to pay for commercials!Bert Van Bulck Edited by rocketfs

Aircraft LightingCaution and WarningEmergency EquipmentFire ProtectionIce and Rain protectionGPWS
That's all? In 5 (almost 6) months?! Wow, I'm glad I stepped back from the training and got my money back when I still had the chance. Edited by Jigsaw

Get here a pdf with a comprehensive list of excellent YouTube tutorials I gathered for the PMDG B737NGX:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8289292/B737NGX_YouTubeTutorials.pdf
Thanks for sharing, most of these videos are truly great and quite honestly in many ways I think some of these videos are even more fun and educational than what I've seen so far from AoA and like someone else already said...on top of all they are free :( Edited by WebMaximus

Richard Åsberg