Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Angle of Attack Training

With all the hype around AoA training, may I ask what it is supposed to contain that goes beyond the information found in the manuals anyway?Ok, it's nicer to watch video lessons than chewing through manuals, but is this it?

Edited by bpcw001

Dave P. Woycek

With all the hype around AoA training, may I ask what it is supposed to contain that goes beyond the information found in the manuals anyway?Ok, it's nicer to watch video lessons than chewing through manuals, but is this it?
I suggest signing up for the free trial of the MD-11 training to see what it's all about. Those who state that "reading the FCOM's", etc. has the same effect probably have never seen the MD-11 training. I've read almost all the MD-11 manuals front to back and still found great value added with the AOA stuff. It visualizes and re-enforces all the concepts you've read about and applies them to the specific operations of the MD-11, whether it be complex systems, emergency procedures or approaches.That is also why I think you find so many disappointed people in this thread. AOA had a good rep for quality material, no matter your experience level, and now they seem to be stuggling just to keep their heads above water with the NGX.On top of that, they seem to be dishonest with their approach because the AOA training section and forums of the NGX are locked until you buy the training. So despite the top line of the NGX product page saying "COMPLETE NGX TRAINING", you won't know it's not really true until you get paid access and find out otherwise.

Chris Palmer will make it right imho. If you have seen any of his work you know he has an unrelenting dedication to quality. They screwed up big time and bit off more than they could handle. They have several new team members now from voice over to story board to video editor. I think we're going to see a turn around in the project at this point. I'm very confidant it will finally manifest into what we all expected it to be out of the gate. We'll see.Regards,Paul Wood

the next lesson is delayed again. I had enough and asked for a refund.I am curious what their reply will be. I bought the full package in august last year.

Edited by JAR26744

Jos van Grevenstein 

21 NM north of EHAM

I just think they underestimated the fervor of the fans, the MD-11 was a presale also, but it had been out a year already and the backlash was minimal. This is their most ambitous project and I wish they would have been given early access to the bird in order to provide a more timely project, but I know it will be a quality project in the end, even though the flow filler videos seem to be a weak attempt to pass time as its definetely not what I expect of AoA standards.

the next lesson is delayed again. I had enough and asked for a refund.I am curious what their reply will be. I bought the full package in august last year.
I asked too in their NGX training forum if it's possible to get a refund but so far no answer...

Richard Åsberg

Refund Policy is 30 days.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I will purchase it (like I did for the 767,747 and MD11) ... when the first full flight is done. I keep monitoring AVSIM forum instead of there own forum to get release updates. Avid AOA customer... but no, I wont buy the product at this pointVincent Rouleau

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

A 30 day return policy is fine when you're offering a product where the customer has a fair chance to know if they are happy with the product within that time limit but that is not the case here in combination with the fact that delivering what the customers payed for in this particular case has taken ridiculously too long with nothing but endless excuses.I received a long reply from Chris in their forum which I've just replied back to and I hope he will reconsider his/their decision not letting unhappy customers like myself getting a refund because in 99% there is nothing more expensive to you as a company in the long run as unhappy customers and if you're a serious business this is the last thing you want.

Richard Åsberg

I received a long reply from Chris in their forum which I've just replied back to and I hope he will reconsider his/their decision not letting unhappy customers like myself getting a refund because in 99% there is nothing more expensive to you as a company in the long run as unhappy customers and if you're a serious business this is the last thing you want.
What did he say?

I was just on their forum and he was pretty much told anything after 30 days will not be considered for a refund. If I ran my buisness this way, I'd be living in a cardboard box by now. No further comments from me.

I was just on their forum and he was pretty much told anything after 30 days will not be considered for a refund.If I ran my buisness this way, I'd be living in a cardboard box by now. No further comments from me.
surely there got to be a time limit given if not than there be people asking for a refund 2 years down the track whilst they being using the product so it works both ways

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

surely there got to be a time limit given if not than there be people asking for a refund 2 years down the track whilst they being using the product so it works both ways
I fully agree. And I don't regret spending the 50$ on the groundwork per se, but I am quite shocked at all the excuses and amount of time this project is taking. Now there are new voice overs, new editors..... Sounds like a "make it up as we go" type project to me.Once completed, I am sure it will be a great series to spend a wet stormy weekend watching start to finish. The time between videos has really exhausted my enthusiasm about this product.