Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Angle of Attack Training

Frankly, if you produced a version of training laced with curse-words and other assorted debauchery i'd be first in line.I'm thinking something along the lines of the Malcolm Tucker/Jamie McDonald of aviation training.
It was a joke. And it was on a test meant for 'internal' purposes only, not external. I myself do not swear, and I wouldn't ever allow that into our training. But it was pretty hilarious regardless. I think the beep is much funnier than the actual swear word, personally.
This is great news, because I am not going to lie Nicks voice put me to sleep every time. Also how are the line flight videos coming along I am primarily interested in those, not so much on the others.Angelo
Nick rocks. He knows his stuff. But the truth of the matter is that both of us are just regular every day guys and professional voice over is not our forte. That said, I think there's a time and place for that informal type of teaching and voice, like in Nick's pre-release videos.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

I'll be patient with AOA. I bought their Captain package and look forward to the future videos. Really enjoying my NGX in the meantime.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Sounds like he will fit the bill.But I often wonder what it is that seems to almost require some adults to demonstrate their ability to pronounce four letter words. To me, it's not funny under any circumstance. A foul mouth is a sign of a weak mind. If someone sent this demo tape to me, I would reject him immediately, regardless of his other talents. He must have recognized that it was OK in your environment, Chris.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

But I often wonder what it is that seems to almost require some adults to demonstrate their ability to pronounce four letter words. To me, it's not funny under any circumstance. A foul mouth is a sign of a weak mind. If someone sent this demo tape to me, I would reject him immediately, regardless of his other talents.
The profanity alone in that clip wasn't what was funny, it was how it was used and the context (how altitude was written as attitude).Plus the beep from editing it out just adds to the humor.It was meant as a joke and it was absolutely funny. Lighten up! :)

I'm sure Chris knows the difference between "attitude" and "altitude". Both are legitimate aviation terms. So now he has a foul mouthed voice over actor who usurps authority without knowing anything about the subject at hand..Okay, now I'm joking. :)I listened to the audio again and it was a little funny, I'll concede that.I wish Jonathan luck ... it sounds like he'll do a fine job.The "other" Jonathan put out another Duke video today... OutstandingWas this a kind of trolling? I was recently accused of being a troll, by a moderator, no less.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

As far as I'm concerned, it's all a manufactured growth cycle for the coming election. The government has pumped tons of cash into the system trying to get it to revive, all the while increasing regulations and liabilities for businesses. It won't last long.
I don't agree. It's my experience that usually in an election year the economy slows down, not the other way. Many of the events that are responsible for this growth in economy now are good healthy indicators of long term improvement. I'm optimistic about it, but I believe I have good reason to be.It's obvious to me by the BP fiasco that regulation can be a good thing where it is needed.
Nick rocks. He knows his stuff. But the truth of the matter is that both of us are just regular every day guys and professional voice over is not our forte. That said, I think there's a time and place for that informal type of teaching and voice, like in Nick's pre-release videos.
I agree Chris. I love Nick's classy accent. To me, his voice adds interest and professionalism, not the other way.

It was a joke. And it was on a test meant for 'internal' purposes only, not external. I myself do not swear, and I wouldn't ever allow that into our training. But it was pretty hilarious regardless. I think the beep is much funnier than the actual swear word, personally.
He he.Well, profanity laced lectures seem to be the norm with today's (in person) type courses and aviation training....Ha ha ha.
A foul mouth is a sign of a weak mind.
I invite you to take a listen to the guys fixing and flying the airplanes nowadays.Na it's all in good fun. I'm not promoting swearing of course. But the important thing is he has a good voice. That's what is important. As I type this i'm listening to some CBT and i'm wondering how they've managed to make a human sound so robotic...;)Who knows, maybe he'll pick up aviation a bit.EDIT: I don't think anyone got the Malcolm Tucker reference. I'll let the UK members of the forums figure that out.

I'll be patient with AOA. I bought their Captain package and look forward to the future videos. Really enjoying my NGX in the meantime.
Have you seen the APU section yet? Just released. I'll post a preview here in a few days.
I'm sure Chris knows the difference between "attitude" and "altitude". Both are legitimate aviation terms. So now he has a foul mouthed voice over actor who usurps authority without knowing anything about the subject at hand..Okay, now I'm joking. :)I listened to the audio again and it was a little funny, I'll concede that.I wish Jonathan luck ... it sounds like he'll do a fine job.The "other" Jonathan put out another Duke video today... OutstandingWas this a kind of trolling? I was recently accused of being a troll, by a moderator, no less.
I honestly don't know the definition of trolling. Maybe I should get educated. But, you're part of the conversation. If trolling means you just dropped in an antagonize people, well, you'll have to look at that yourself. I don't mind doing a back and forth. Jon will do awesome. And Jordan is doing amazing with AviatorPro. It's been top notch.
He he.Well, profanity laced lectures seem to be the norm with today's (in person) type courses and aviation training....Ha ha ha.I invite you to take a listen to the guys fixing and flying the airplanes nowadays.Na it's all in good fun. I'm not promoting swearing of course. But the important thing is he has a good voice. That's what is important. As I type this i'm listening to some CBT and i'm wondering how they've managed to make a human sound so robotic...;)Who knows, maybe he'll pick up aviation a bit.EDIT: I don't think anyone got the Malcolm Tucker reference. I'll let the UK members of the forums figure that out.
I just figure it was all in good fun. I have control of my mouth in that sense. Other things, not so much control. I guess we all have our battles, right?It was a funny joke, showed great personality. And yes, CBTs are HORRIBLE!

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Hey all, Just an update, although we released this last week. Checkout the preview of the APU section. One of our best yet!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Hey all, Just an update, although we released this last week. Checkout the preview of the APU section. One of our best yet!
That was a really well done video. Definitely the best preview I've seen yet and the first one that convinces me this will meet and probably exceed the standards set by your MD-11 product.

Here is an audio bit from our new voice overs guy. He was doing a final 'audition' for the spot we had open up when Nick left. We're very happy with his tone, and feel it really fits AOA. Right now he's working on the Primary Flight Controls and Secondary Flight Controls scripts (two separate lessons, each about 30 minutes):
Noooooooooo!Chris I can't believe you've gone away from your English voiceovers :( Nick's calm professional tones gave a distinct impression he was in command of everything, feeling it not just speaking, and now I feel like I'm just going to be spoken to by an actor, hired words for $$s . Granted the information may be the same, and my response biased (being from over this side of the pond myself), but I can't help but feel you've made a real tactical error in accent selection there! :(

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hey all,Just an update, although we released this last week. Checkout the preview of the APU section. One of our best yet!
I'm really wondering why I don't get informed about this by email :mad:Email adress in my account is correct, nothing blocked by spamfilter.

I'm really wondering why I don't get informed about this by email :mad:Email adress in my account is correct, nothing blocked by spamfilter.
Otto,I receive an email every time anything happens at AoA. I think you have to go to the website, sign into your account, and proactively subscribe to email updates. They never miss a beat for me.Hope this helps

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

I just watched the video training on the APU and it is excellent. Considering that these videos should be watched several times to get all the information within them, I don't mind the rate that they are being released.Great job on the APU video.