Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Angle of Attack Training

I've got the md11 training from aoa and I found it to be fantastic, I had flown the md11 for a bit before I bought it and thought I had it down but my eyes were opened to a whole new level of systems depth, properly doing procedures and flight planning. Completely satisfied with what I recieved.Onto the ngx training, before the ngx was released, aoa said "training will be available from day one" now this I was stunned by I mean, how are they going to make the vids without the plane, I thought they must have done a lot of prep work for the whole set of vids and once the ngx was released they would fill in the blanks. After the ngx launch yes you could give them your money when they said you could, but for an incomplete product. How would you feel if PMDG said hey the ngx is realeased give us your money, but all you got was the landing gear... Hypothetical and exaggerated of course but you see my point. It's now been quite a while since the release and the training is still incomplete, why say yeah here's your training you paid for, ill give you the rest of your product when its done.I am a huge fan on aoa, they really are the leaders in flightsim cbt and I really did enjoy their md11 training, but I don't think ill bother with the ngx for the simple fact that you don't release a product until its done! (the PMDG way!) Who ever said get a printed copy of the fcom, brilliant idea! I might just do that instead!

I paid for the AoA training in advance without an available product. This based solely on the track record of the MD-11 training, which is great. It's taken a while to get the bugs out of the production line, but it looks like Chris has things rolling, finally. You should raise the Captains Package to 99 dollars, Chris.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

It's hard to compare the MD-11 production with the NGX production as they IMO are taking it to a whole new level now. And even providing information not in the FCOMs no matter how many times you've read it. Groundwork should be longer then the full production of the MD-11 (or other past productions for that matter) from what I see in terms of length, depth, and historical/side-facts. Not to forget the quality in witch they have stepped up too. For those who read the FCOM 500 times; right on, good for you! But I rather just read two times or so then have the videos to really drill it in as I'm more a visual learner anyways and only takes 1 or 2 views and I got it, plus I got other things to do! Compared to reading manuals witch is bland to say the least and take more to comprehend vs seeing it done. Also the video provide a bit more information as to real world SOP and a pilots duties as that interest me just as much as the plane itself. I'm not in the aviation profession. If your a regular Joe like myself there is nothing wrong with this investment nor AoA business model IMO.For those B*****ing about it not being done all that was stated at the get go and it's not a big deal really. How were they to have the videos without the plane, I forget this is the Internet were many lack common sense. Like y'all haven't waste money before on something dumb & finished object or software that offered nada in return; at least these are and will continue to be useful. Or they could have "nickel and dimed" charging just for the one video lesson at a time! Y'all act like it's some CaptainSim development (or should I say underdevelopment) where they 'think' they have something finished yet it's not... ever!I just got the GW package for now and will wait for the FW too start production to buy that. I didn't go all out for the CP as I knew production would take some time and guessed the offered savings would be best kept in my pocket and not theirs. But know even though I paid up front that AoA track recorded from 747 and MD-11 videos and feel I'm already or well on the way to getting my moneys worth. But I'm not a penny pincher whose going to cry over paying for something that might take a bit of time and don't mine supporting FS developers as well. I'm sure if they (AoA) waited until all it was done and produced they likely not have the up front capitol to hire and have time available to do what they're doing at the fine quality in witch they are, even if it came in segments. I rather have something come as it's ready, then them have a hole bunch of video back stored up until every single thing was finished. This is going to be like 40+ hours of videos so if you wanted to wait by all means that's your right but I think it's just as stupid to do so if you 1.) like AoA past productions and 2.) would like the NGX videos as well but only saying no for a simple fact that it's not all produced as some here think it's stupid to buy unfinished video production as some here compare production of video to a plane witch is really dumb! You need all the plane you however don't need 40+ hours of video at once... but hey if some you guy read FCOM 500 times then maybe you do have the time for 40+ hours of video watching! Like AoA is going to leave us dry.

I paid for ngx training when it was first available. I knew it wasn't complete and I could also deduce that even at a video a week it would take a year or more for it to be complete. I paid fully understanding that. I also paid understanding I'd be able to watch each session when it's done instead of waiting over a year, so it's not that bad a deal.Besides, good as certain YouTube videos may be, they're not drawing information on the systems from the Boeing fcoms, fctms AND maintenance manuals like aoa is doing. Maybe some of those, but not all. You learn a lot more than "press button 'x' when 'y' happens" with aoa, they explain why that 'y' happens and what pressing button 'x' will do to it.

Bert,Because I don't need too. Apparently you do. If you were stupid enough to fork your money over for a product that wasn't complete, then I've got a real 737 I'd like to sell you real cheap. I just didn't get around to building it yet, but trust me, it shouldn't take too long. Just pay me first. Aren't I entitled to my own opinion? Hey, maybe they will put out great series, but I will wait until everything is complete before forking over my money if I feel it's worth it. They lured you people by saying the rate would go up if you didnt act now. If it does, that's fewer people that will potentially buy it.
Wow....what a nice guy!

Truly a wonderful product and looking forward to more and really looking forward to the flightwork sections as they are my favourite parts of your videos.

Thanks for all your support, Eamonn. It's great to have you around. You're truly a top member of our community, and we appreciate all that you do.

What's unnecessary and childish is when people are attacked for stating their opinion and then others jumping on board.

You have a lot to learn about internet etiquette. The attacks came from you.

I paid for the AoA training in advance without an available product. This based solely on the track record of the MD-11 training, which is great. It's taken a while to get the bugs out of the production line, but it looks like Chris has things rolling, finally. You should raise the Captains Package to 99 dollars, Chris.

I will soon, but I think it's only fair we get GroundWork done first. LineWork and FlightWork will be coming very soon.

But know even though I paid up front that AoA track recorded from 747 and MD-11 videos and feel I'm already or well on the way to getting my moneys worth.

Thanks for the support! Much appreciated. Your comments help us out. I think our team has done a fantastic job turning this thing around.

I paid for ngx training when it was first available. I knew it wasn't complete and I could also deduce that even at a video a week it would take a year or more for it to be complete. I paid fully understanding that. I also paid understanding I'd be able to watch each session when it's done instead of waiting over a year, so it's not that bad a deal.

Besides, good as certain YouTube videos may be, they're not drawing information on the systems from the Boeing fcoms, fctms AND maintenance manuals like aoa is doing. Maybe some of those, but not all. You learn a lot more than "press button 'x' when 'y' happens" with aoa, they explain why that 'y' happens and what pressing button 'x' will do to it.

Thanks a million. Your trust and support mean a lot to us. It was pretty difficult in the face of all the bad things being said to turn this thing around, but I hope we've shown people we can deliver. Still a lot of work to do, but the light is at the end of the tunnel.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

The guys are rolling out new videos at a nice pace. Honestly I can't really keep up with them right now, since I have little spare time to watch videos, so it keeps me busy. I think some people are just going too fast over the videos and not studying all the additional resources that are provided. I mean, just think of the GPWS video, that's a ton of info that takes quite some time to learn, that could keep me (2-3 hrs of spare time a day, that I don't devote only to FSX, and when I do I don't fly only NGX) busy for a good week trying to memorize.

I understand that it has been different in the last months, but you should just trust the folks. They have a solid background, and honestly I prefer bigger timeframe between movies, rather than rushed and incomplete lessons.

Chris, Things are indeed moving along much better. I purchased almost immediately last August and although the wait was a bit longer than I imagined, I am very happy with the coverage, depth and quality of the video and content. The amount of material (when all is said and done), the content, quality, presentation, fun/learning etc. are worth way more than the initial asking price IMHO. I appreciate your honesty and forthright approach in communicating with us during the difficult ramp up period and am glad that things are turning around. I will be an AoA customer for a very long time. Cheers and thanks!

Thanks for all your support, Eamonn. It's great to have you around. You're truly a top member of our community, and we appreciate all that you do.

Thanks for the kind works Chris.. If you ever need assistance with anything, hit me up.. :)

spacer.png

The guys are rolling out new videos at a nice pace. Honestly I can't really keep up with them right now, since I have little spare time to watch videos, so it keeps me busy. I think some people are just going too fast over the videos and not studying all the additional resources that are provided. I mean, just think of the GPWS video, that's a ton of info that takes quite some time to learn, that could keep me (2-3 hrs of spare time a day, that I don't devote only to FSX, and when I do I don't fly only NGX) busy for a good week trying to memorize.

I understand that it has been different in the last months, but you should just trust the folks. They have a solid background, and honestly I prefer bigger timeframe between movies, rather than rushed and incomplete lessons.

Much thanks, and greatly appreciated. We do hear cases like yours where someone enjoys the time in between. For the most part, though, there are a lot of loud voices that were upset with the release frequency.

I really think our team has done a fantastic job in turning things around. I can only take credit for realizing something needed to be done, and helping to organize the turn around. The hard work itself goes primarily to those on the front lines, being Henry, Nick, Jason, Rosh, Jonathan, Kevin, Dan, James and Robert (certainly not in order of importance). These guys are champs!

I'm also glad to hear you're taking advantage of the extra materials we provide in the handouts and so on. They shouldn't be overlooked.

Chris, Things are indeed moving along much better. I purchased almost immediately last August and although the wait was a bit longer than I imagined, I am very happy with the coverage, depth and quality of the video and content. The amount of material (when all is said and done), the content, quality, presentation, fun/learning etc. are worth way more than the initial asking price IMHO. I appreciate your honesty and forthright approach in communicating with us during the difficult ramp up period and am glad that things are turning around. I will be an AoA customer for a very long time. Cheers and thanks!

Many thanks. Yeah, I have to admit myself that sometimes I look at the depth that we go into and have to kinda chuckle. We certainly aren't rolling in the Benjamins for our efforts, but we do get taken care of to a certain extent. Right now we figure that we'll just create an awesome product, and the reward will come later.

And so far, even with all we've learned, it's made us stronger and more capable of doing things much better in the future.

Case in point, we just released Secondary Flight Controls. 6 days between this video and Primary Flight Controls last week. Feels good!

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

I have to say that, because of my heavy schedule and workload now, AoA is also getting ahead of me. I have not had a chance to watch the Primary Flight Controls video yet, but I will soon.

This is becoming a great training course that covers a lot of information. Actually I have to watch most videos several times. Great work AoA! Keep it up.

Primary Flight controls was great! New narrator is pretty good. Must say, I miss Nick's narration however. I understand he is quite busy living the dream most of us wish could come to fruition!

Secondary Flight controls is already available? Now that's what I call "stepping it up" well done guys! Can't wait for the videos of the Navigation/FMS systems.

I love the new Narrator! Nothing against Nick, but he always put me to sleep for some reason.

Yeah, there are a lot of differing opinions on the new Narrater. We hear mostly good things. Nick will be missed, but he's simply unavailable. New guy does great and works well with the team.

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack