Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Angle of Attack Training

All done guys! We did it! GroundWork is completely finished now!

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/aoa/737ngx-groundwork-complete/

20 LESSONS, 9 HOURS, 27 MINUTES, 54 SECONDS

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

That's great to hear Chris, Congratulations! I'll certainly be looking into buying the program.

Now I can't wait for the Linework training.

Dan Raimondo

I use a CBT 737NG boeing training software previously used for type rating training, also includes FMC programing etc.

A few years out of date but it much simpler to follow than AOT videos and actually allows you to input data, switch buttons and absolutely anything to show the whole operation in easy to follow simple no nonsense format.

It has tought me evething I need to know, especially the FMC how to input waypoints that don't exist, how to fly to an alternate, some thing I already knew, and speed decent/path descent. etc, etc, etc.

What's great is that I am able to simulate failures, errors, use standby switches etc to check their effectiveness.

I use a CBT 737NG boeing training software previously used for type rating training, also includes FMC programing etc.

A few years out of date but it much simpler to follow than AOT videos and actually allows you to input data, switch buttons and absolutely anything to show the whole operation in easy to follow simple no nonsense format.

It has tought me evething I need to know, especially the FMC how to input waypoints that don't exist, how to fly to an alternate, some thing I already knew, and speed decent/path descent. etc, etc, etc.

What's great is that I am able to simulate failures, errors, use standby switches etc to check their effectiveness.

All of that will be covered in LineWork and FlightWork. GroundWork is meant solely to give you an in depth understanding of the aircraft's systems.

The only complaint I have with AoA is they have not awarded me the screenshot contest winner. I'm sure I won it because my submission was awesome.AngleOfAttackScreenshotWinner.jpgP.S. I just realized I have now probably blown my chances ... oh, well.

Haha

Guys,

I am rather a newbie in FSX. I flew a while with the default 737 but the feeling of immersion wasn't there. Therefore I bought the PMDG 737 NGX. I went through both tutorials. Tutorial 1 was ok but I found the second one rather difficult. I sometimes had the feeling that I didn't quite understand why I was pushing a certain button or activating something. I googled for some 737 NGX training and I came across the Angle of Attack training. The Captains package looks interesting. After reading this topic though I am less sure. If I understand correctly only the groundwork is completely finished. Is there already some material for the flightwork? Is it really worth the price if you want to have a better understanding of all the different systems?

Gert.

If you follow the two tutorials from PMDG, you will be able to complete the tasks. It did take me more than three attempts to complete tutorial 2 purely because of the extra knowledge that was required of the NGX. It can be done however.

Where does AOA come in? Well, it will explain exactly what procedures you need to accomplish at any given time. This ultimately will allow you to fly the NGX, knowing what button you need to press or what control needs to be given at any given time. The 'Ground work' senarios help you, as a pilot to understand, what or why you need to do with 'your' aircraft from the time you take it over.

I subscribed to the AOA NGX many months ago - even before I knew what the product was and I have to say, I am very impressed. With an aircraft as complex as the NGX, you cannot and will not come to terms with the basic knowledge of flying the beast from just 2 tutorials. You therefore have to expand your knowledge as much as you can to get the ultimate thrill.

'Why is it taking so long'? Well apart from the issues of filming and editing, AOA have to be very careful (read absolutey certain) that any information given towards flying the aircraft is correct.

It does take time to produce the perfect video (I know, I have my 2 daughters weddings to prove this) so the finished product may take a little more time than some expect. Many of us would just hate to get that final approach wrong because of a mis-understanding of terminology or procedures.

PMDG have gone to great pains to allow us to fly not only the ultimate flight software but to allow us to fly it in style. AOL have allowed us to go one step further by allowing us to fly not only more accurately but to understand why we are doing it.

Is AOA worth it?

Yes, go fo it.

Gary

Hi Guys, Any chance of a update on this thread ? ie Where are the tutorials upto now ?

Thanks in advance.

Mel Clarke.

HI Mel

Here is a brief update:

- Ground Work: all systems have now been presented so this section appears complete<

- Flight work:

• preflight work
  • flight controls and FSUIPC set up
  • TrackIR and EZCA
  • Overview of recommended add-ons, such as AS2012, TOPCAT, REX, Navigraph
  • Preflight kneeboard

- Line work:

• NGX flows: short videos presenting the workflow required to prepare the aircraft at various stages (on the ground or in-flight). Very useful as the checklist only cover some key items.
  • no flights for now !

- Extras:

• checklists
  • flight deck panels
  • repaint
  • EZCA set up: presentation and file ready for download in EZCA specifically for the NGX

I haven`t read this thread except the last few items. I acknowledge that AOA has been quite slow and, one year later, don`t have a flight yet. But everything they have produced was of great quality and very informative (unlike you are a expert or a real life airliner captain !).

In the meantime, I do lot`s of flights with the NGX. I am sure that I don`t do everything the correct way and look forward to improve with the AOA line work. And as Gary mentioned above, it must be very time consuming to complete the research and produce good quality videos.

Jean-Marc Jaquier

Thanks for the update Jean-Marc,

I have gone ahead and signed up for the Captains package. From what i have seen so far the quality looks very well done. I think that there are still some issues with the speed that the videos are released with a lot of the people that have purchased this package ! Obviously i am not in a position to comment on this issue as of yet, but i am certainly looking forward to studying the tutorials released so far. If the rest of the presentations are as good as those i have seen so far then i will be a very satisfied customer !

Here's hoping that Chris and the crew at AoA continue to produce these informative and quality videos. (also that the flight ones are released soon :ph34r: )

Mel Clarke

Hi,

We've released all 21 episodes of GroundWork and the following for FlightWork:

• flight controls and FSUIPC set up
  • TrackIR and EZCA
  • Overview of recommended add-ons, such as AS2012, TOPCAT, REX, Navigraph
  • Preflight kneeboard
  • Flight #1 (5 hours of video)

As well as 15 flows for LineWork.