Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Angle of Attack Training

one aspect of this company is bothersome for me at this stage...

last post on AoA web for questions answered by Chris Palmer was 2013...

updates for the product development on this page 2013...

my post...2015

PMDG 737 is upgraded since, new manuals and instruments, more CDU/FMS to consume - so a dedicated course for 737 and 777 FMS would be a nice offering, at the level for complete competency such as Bill Buffers Big Books on Boeing FMS systems 737 & 777.

Slightly worried over signing up due to...

I also asked a question via pop up window on the courses and got a we'll get back to you response...this is07/2015 - I'll keep you posted on reply time... :p0502:

Hi,

Once they changed the rules for individuals that already purchased their 737NG package, they lost me as a customer forever. As a matter of fact, once my flight deck is installed (this coming week / thanks Pete & Steve Cos of Flight Deck Solutions)... I'll be running my own training flights, similar to AOA only the ones I create "WILL BE FREE" and will be available via You Tube.

• Upvote 2

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

It's a niche market and niche product. The meat of the training is available and complete, can't expect them to $produce$ new videos every time PMDG releases a patch. 

once my flight deck is installed (this coming week / thanks Pete & Steve Cos of Flight Deck Solutions
Lucky You!

Enjoy...that's where I'm headed myself!  737 MockUp Baby!

Yes, I cancelled my subscription also, when the goal posts got moved. About a couple of years back. Just couldn't get my head round having to pay extra to download what I had already paid to access. They should have got there price structuring right in the first place. 

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Now that it is 2015, videos are up and it's the only wa y to go. I purchased the Captain pack for the 737 and it is fantastic, addressing everything you can think of. If your new to airliners, this now is a must have to learn

Hi,

Here you will find a truckload of 737 info for free. http://www.b737.org.uk/aircraftsystems.htm

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Now that it is 2015, videos are up
What do you mean here?

Getting a BAD rap?

As for me it's been great.  I read the PMDG manual's basically twice-(and continue to clarify or get answers), plus an additional Boeing manual read for another add-on 777.

I know how to fly.  Have used sims since mid 90's, from cessna 172 training to this top of the market for it's class and virtually all add-ons with exception maybe to A2A which I've not tried, other than that un-matched.

I've understood basic VOR concepts since very early on training and 2-D sim's with dial up VOR and fix/waypoint navigation.

Like I mention above read all, flown PMDG for a year now, fly VATSIM etc, know my stuff IMHO, however, within 1st couple lessons, I learned something not caught in reading.  Little things that slip past.  You begin to get in the sim and sit down with a new perspective on what you see.

Why are the overhead lights orange/blue/red/green, why when, how come, on and on...what's a PACK anyway?, when you start with ground air what do you do with the PACK setup, conversely APU start?, bleed air?, gad just started and learning on top of what I know already...haven't got half way thru groundwork videos yet!-(been 2 weeks or less)- so as of now...thumbs up!

You got it to fly the best-(PMDG).  It offers virtually every aspect of the craft, yet 90% of the PMDG users don't understand what they have and what REALLY to do with it.

You will NOT learn via YouTube!

The AoA promos are just a tease and basic.

Get it, watch, learn add to your manual reading, you'll come out the back end a real 737 pilot basically! 

Not paid endorser or any promo dude just a regular simmer trying to be the best pilot I can be....it's WELL worth the money if you want to TRULY understand the aircraft you chose to understand.

AoA

What they are bad at is self promotion!

Although PMDG has a reference to them they don't seem to be successful at promotion.

I'm trying to help!  VATSIM controllers will love us all!

:smile:

You will like yourself as a Boeing 737 pilot.

one aspect of this company is bothersome for me at this stage...

last post on AoA web for questions answered by Chris Palmer was 2013...

updates for the product development on this page 2013...

my post...2015

PMDG 737 is upgraded since, new manuals and instruments, more CDU/FMS to consume - so a dedicated course for 737 and 777 FMS would be a nice offering, at the level for complete competency such as Bill Buffers Big Books on Boeing FMS systems 737 & 777.

Slightly worried over signing up due to...

I also asked a question via pop up window on the courses and got a we'll get back to you response...this is07/2015 - I'll keep you posted on reply time... :p0502:

Never mind alls good.

Signed up, all inquiries were addressed prior, no worries.

All done guys! We did it! GroundWork is completely finished now!

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/aoa/737ngx-groundwork-complete/

20 LESSONS, 9 HOURS, 27 MINUTES, 54 SECONDS

And done well!

The course is good, but it lacks MUCH more training on the MCP and AFDS. I also thought that RNAV could be covered more thoroughly.

I took the course and I found really good.

Alberto I think that MCP and AFDS are handled in every flight and soon enough I got the grasp of it, just my experience.

Hey all, 

I'm glad the majority of you are finding the training useful. Producing a course of that size at the time was very difficult to do. Both our 737 and 777 courses are quite in depth and offer a one-stop-shop for most of the knowledge you'll need flying the aircraft. 

Of course, you can go out and try and get what you want from Youtube. There is some pretty good stuff out there- even I admit it. That said, it's not all-in-one place, and not all of it is professionally produced. In other words, to be able to find everything is one spot, and not have to keep searching around, is one of the highest values of these packages. 

Also, you're learning from actual pilots when you're consuming our content- not flight simmers who got their knowledge from someone else. Too often I've found that Youtubers are good at some things, but leave me baffled at others. 

BTW, Jason Sokoloff of AOA has been continually producing content for the 737 for a few years now. 737 LineWork has over 55 episodes now, packed full over very, very advanced techniques. We're talking hundreds of hours of additional content here. If you haven't checked it out, it's worth doing so! He regularly releases updates to that course. 

If you guys have an additional questions, feel free to reach out to me directly at team@flyaoamedia.com and I'd like to answer any questions you may have. 

We know that with some effort and focus, using our courses can transform the way you fly simulated airliners. 

Throttle On!

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

I took the course and I found really good.

Alberto I think that MCP and AFDS are handled in every flight and soon enough I got the grasp of it, just my experience.

Hello Robson, and hello to Chris, operation of the AFDS covers many,many,many pages of the manual. A whole video, or two, would have been needed to cover a partial part of all the different climbs and descent modes for example, and the SOPs at different stages of flight. Let´s just say that learning to operate the AFDS by the book was done outside of AoA, but again this is a whole different animal.

That being said, I have a friend whom I have just directed to buy the ngx--he was delighted with my sim and is an enthusiast himself--and of course I directed him to AoA training also. I will also guide him on how to use the AFDS like I did.

Hey all, 

I'm glad the majority of you are finding the training useful. Producing a course of that size at the time was very difficult to do. Both our 737 and 777 courses are quite in depth and offer a one-stop-shop for most of the knowledge you'll need flying the aircraft. 

Of course, you can go out and try and get what you want from Youtube. There is some pretty good stuff out there- even I admit it. That said, it's not all-in-one place, and not all of it is professionally produced. In other words, to be able to find everything is one spot, and not have to keep searching around, is one of the highest values of these packages. 

Also, you're learning from actual pilots when you're consuming our content- not flight simmers who got their knowledge from someone else. Too often I've found that Youtubers are good at some things, but leave me baffled at others. 

BTW, Jason Sokoloff of AOA has been continually producing content for the 737 for a few years now. 737 LineWork has over 55 episodes now, packed full over very, very advanced techniques. We're talking hundreds of hours of additional content here. If you haven't checked it out, it's worth doing so! He regularly releases updates to that course. 

If you guys have an additional questions, feel free to reach out to me directly at team@flyaoamedia.com and I'd like to answer any questions you may have. 

We know that with some effort and focus, using our courses can transform the way you fly simulated airliners. 

Throttle On!

Hey Chris, CaptainDon here, I love your series so far and see no reason to not keep enjoying learning more about the 737.  

About the above promotion dis...seems to me that people just don't understand just how much MORE your course adds to the general aspects which are first understanding how to fly, hopefully aware of all navigational aspects such as VOR's NDB's, ILS, Stars and Sids etc before they even BUY the PMDG...

But just reading the manual gets tedious, you skip stuff, it doesn't sink in or you ignore stuff completely.

Your courses will fill that learning gap IMHO, and that's why I support your Company and products!

Throttle On...