So below is my 737 overhead from Vrinsight. I like the size and it's plug and play full support of Ifly's 737. So nice having a reasonably priced overhead I can use in my main pit or the kitchen countertop.a7d2ff5b.jpgWhat I don't like is Vri could have made the switches a little bit more of a resemblance to an actual overhead, The toggle switches are smaller (as assumed) and with no heads you're basically focusing on a thin metal bar. Also the numerous shiny screws are detractor as they eye blend into the switches. I can understand not having toggle switch covers, but would have been nice to have a quick way of ID'ing the Red/Black switches.So I went off to my homerepair store and picked up a few pieces.First I wanted something to add some Meat to the switches and give it an true Overhead type look. So I googled White Toggle Caps and foound numerous sales, but generally they were either sold in lots of 10,000 or about 3 bucks each. Luckily I found Closet organizer Caps lot of 100 for 4 bucks at Lowes.5d1410d5.jpgNext I had do to something about the color layout so3cbc613d.jpgc09283dd.jpgSo got the Toggle Caps painted now it's time to paint the screws, Plan 1 is to take all the screws out and spraypaint them, but after trying to take one out it had a really free feel, so I changed course and broke out the mini paint brush and stroked them in place.17579f22.jpgBelow is what it looks like now, I'm contemplating going back in the future and puttins a lil bit of Elmer's Glue in each end cap, but they seem tight now and will just monitor. I'm happier with now as it gives a more true to life 737 overhead look and feel.518296ce.jpg8c5b0f7c.jpg

Guest jahman

That VR Overhead Panel looks very nice! Soe dos your job on the switches.Kust wanted to mention it occurred to me you could meake the module screes less shiny by applying a very small quantity of matte varnish with a thin painter's brush.Also meant to ask: Will you have th Overhead Panel on your desk or are you thinking of some building some kind of support to place the panel in the overhead position?Cheers,- jahman.

Man, that looks so cool, I wish for one.But, this isn't the 1:1 size of the same thing, right?Putting it overhead would be just... awesome.

Also meant to ask: Will you have th Overhead Panel on your desk or are you thinking of some building some kind of support to place the panel in the overhead position?Cheers,- jahman.
I'm thinking of mounting it either on the side of one my monitors similiar to the two monitor stand as it screws right in to a standard monitor stand.IOS_9109_SD_lrg.jpgOr buying a flat screen arm and attaching it to the back of my existing overhead.Projectver1.jpg Edited by ohsirus