Sign in to follow this  
boeing247

Problems recording with FRAPS

Does anybody else have trouble recording with FRAPS? I've had a hard time getting things recorded because sometimes I press the hotkey and it just doesn't record. I've tried several different hotkeys to no avail. Any ideas?Thanks,boeing247

Have you tried the FRAPS [unoficial] forum?Haven't got a link, but google it.Worth a try.

I'll check that out. I posted here because I was wondering if it could be FSX-specific.

Are you sure you are using a key combination to start FRAPS that is not used in FSX? If you are not you will have the exact problem you are describing.

I'm currently using "/". I don't think that does anything. I've previously used NumEnter, too, and that had the same problem.

I didn't say the "/" key, I said the "" key (the key that also has the "|" character). And regardless, I switched it to "Insert", which isn't used by FSX, and I'm still having problems.And yes, I'm using the latest version. I just bought it last weekend.

Edited by boeing247

I have been using the TAB key to record clips for years and have never had a problem. Make sure you select a file for the clips to be sent to. I created Clips 1 - Clips 2 - Clips 3 and clips 4. I use the for screen shots and created a file for them. All those files are in a file I created called Video.Forgot to mention if you don't create specific files---the clips go to the FRAPS file.

I didn't say the "/" key, I said the "" key (the key that also has the "|" character). And regardless, I switched it to "Insert", which isn't used by FSX, and I'm still having problems.And yes, I'm using the latest version. I just bought it last weekend.
You did.........go back and read your previous post. You know the one where you said:
I'm currently using "/". I don't think that does anything. I've previously used NumEnter, too, and that had the same problem.
Good luck.

Is FRAPS capturing screenshots okay? Is it just video not working?Have you tried reinstalling and/or redownloading?What other codecs do you have installed? Just wondering if there's a non reported conflict?

You did.........go back and read your previous post.
Sorry, my bad. I meant to type "".I haven't tried reinstalling--I was going to do that next, but I wanted to see if there was an easy fix. And no, I haven't installed any codecs.Seeing as this doesn't seem to be a common problem, I'll just try reinstalling.

Reinstalling didn't help, but I found the problem. I would intermittently check FRAPS to make sure everything was working, but I have found that doing that disrupts the recording. Then, for whatever reason, if you have previously recorded videos in that folder, FRAPS won't continue to record. Thus, I moved all my videos into a new folder and everything worked fine.