Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Best Shade Preset

Hi,I have shade and I am overwhelmed with the amount of presets. Which one is the best?If you like one please post a sceenshot.

Hello Ben,I would highly recommend 'Marks Final' as that was specially designed to bring out the most of REX, as well as quite a few shadows. This is a good preset to try out as a first.3862011_12_7_18_8_51_779.jpgCheers,Clem, Shade Beta Tester

It would be nice to have somewhere a few comparison screenshots to see how the presets work!That is my main culprit with Shade: I can't remember which preset I have used nor can't I see whats happening if I choose one... blum.gif

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,I have shade and I am overwhelmed with the amount of presets. Which one is the best?If you like one please post a sceenshot.
There isn't a best preset: it's all very personal and subjective. My favorite preset for instance is none: I don't use Shade anymore. :( Asking which one is most popular is another question: I have the idea Marks final is one of the most used presets, specially (and oddly enough) because it is one of the more subtle ones.

It would be nice to have somewhere a few comparison screenshots to see how the presets work!That is my main culprit with Shade: I can't remember which preset I have used nor can't I see whats happening if I choose one... blum.gif
I had the same problem so I made some comparison screenshots. These are all using the HDE v1.0 sky textures as a base, there's also a screenshot showing the HDE sky without shade applied. I zipped them up, you can download them here:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/downloads/shade_previews.zipJim

I had the same problem so I made some comparison screenshots
thanks, very helpful!!!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Hi Guys

I've just purchased Shade for FSX i don't have REX or ENB  I see a lot of presets mentioned such as Mikes and Greener and many others but I have non of these presets listed when I open up my preset file could you tell me how I can download these others, I just have a lot saying prepared and a few others.

Thank You

Richard

Does anyone know how to get rid of the terrible looking pink affect that happens when using Shade, it looks completely awful & cartoonish, the real world colour doesn't look like pink blomonge.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the terrible looking pink affect that happens when using Shade, it looks completely awful & cartoonish, the real world colour doesn't look like pink blomonge.

In the GUI interface, you can tweak all the colors to suite your taste. Once you've got them all adjusted you can apply them to all days then save it as a preset.

M

Hi Guys

I've just purchased Shade for FSX i don't have REX or ENB  I see a lot of presets mentioned such as Mikes and Greener and many others but I have non of these presets listed when I open up my preset file could you tell me how I can download these others, I just have a lot saying prepared and a few others.

Thank You

Richard

I think many of the ones you mentioned are user saved presets. They may be available to download from somewhere but I'm assuming not.

M