Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

DCS A-10

I know a few of you are big fans of the DCS-A10 so I thought I would ask if theirs a good website to find good tips on setting up the sim, any tweaks that need to be applied for hardware etc etc.I bought it when it first came out but haven't had the chance the get into it properly. I went to an airshow for the first time the other day and watching fighter jets has really got me back into military aircraft. Well I plan to spend a lot of time studying and getting to grips with this beast while I wait for the 777, so any good links would be appreciated. Not the main DCS forum of course, I have signed up already ;)

Rob Prest

Also make sure you read through the forums at ED: http://forums.eagle.ru/?langid=1There'a a ton of valuable info and tweaks to be found there as well! And, for the most part, people there are genuinely helpful!

New version 1.2.0:

http://forums.eagle....ead.php?t=90967

DCS: A-10C Warthog, Patch 1.2.0 Available

This new patch to the A-10C Warthog addresses the following items:

List of changes:

Fixed ground shadow z-fighting when viewed from within the cockpit.

JTAC's IR pointer missing the target has been fixed.

Fixed constantly repeated radio reports from wingmen, particularly after leader landing.

Fixed A-10C flight A-10C takeoff from runway. Wingmen would suddenly "freeze" between air and ground.

Some buttons became non-clickable when view is zoomed. Fixed.

JTACs sorted by range in radio menu.

IFFCC Weapon Release Data Menus will now work correctly for all kinds of weapons.

SPI position on TAD will be shown correctly for ripple releases when SPI source is IFFCC.

Fixed CCRP behavior when the aircraft flies below entered hot elevation, and SPI elevation remains below ownship altitude.

CCIP CR symbology logic adjusted for ownship altitude is less than entered hot elevation.

INVALID FUZING HUD message will now account for WCMD height of function parameter.

Reduced the probability of WCMD weapons overshooting the target when using low altitude deliveries.

Fixed rocket sight occasionally appearing instead of the bombing reticle when Mk82AIR bomb was selected.

WINDSHIELD HOT and STALL SYS caution lights have been implemented.

AoA indexer lights will now work with weight on wheels.

AoA indicator electrical power source was changed to Right AC bus.

FFB stick shaker now works only if the AoA indicator is powered.

FFB stick shaker will now not only work with gear up and flaps set to landing position (20 degrees).

Aural stall warning (steady and chopped tones) will no longer work with flaps set to landing position (20 degrees).

Flap position indicator will be frozen in the last known position upon electrical power loss.

Master Caution light will no longer light when the inverter is initially turned on.

The Master Caution light and caution lights flashing rate has been adjusted.

L/R Engine Oil Pressure lights will go light immediately after any electrical power source is available.

All possible avionics failures are correctly repaired now - no more inoperative air data related instruments after repair.

Autolase was sometimes not correctly ceasing at impact time + 4 seconds timeout.

DSMS correctly updates station status (i.e. detected, not detected, and any mismatches) upon weapon loadout change via the rearm radio menu. But you still must initialize DSMS manually via the DTS UPLOAD page.

TGP laser codes are no longer zeroized when the TGP is loaded on a station via the rearm radio menu.

Fixed Maverick TIME auto power function.

TGP laser type can no longer be cycled with HOTAS while TGP is lasing.

DSMS STAT and DSMS INVT CMBT notes have been implemented on the MFCD.

Removed re initialization when autopilot on.

Fixed UHF T-Tone switch causing unrecoverable crash.

Possible crash on CBU-97/105 container opening in full screen mode is fixed.

Corrected snap views.

LSS Detects and tracks targets that are not lased. Fixed.

When A-10C is repaired, "Repair Finished" message is now given.

Marker beacon sounds outside main beam has been resolved.

Cockpit mirrors not visible when selected in options has been fixed.

SAS yaw mono channel mode restored.

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Since I purchased A10 from Steam will I still be able to go ahead and install DC World and then install the new patch on my existing A10C?

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

No, see below:

Download and install DCS World 1.2.0, and then the A-10C Module 1.2.0 for DCS World.

Then, install DCS World. Then install the A-10C module for World. I had the full standalone version of A-10C, and did not even need to enter a product key - and had originally purchased from Steam. It apparently was stored in the registry.

If you are prompted, you can get the product key from your Steam version and use it.

I had both A-10C full stand alone version, and Black Shark 2 full stand alone version, downloaded and installed both version 1.2.0 modules of these, without any issue.

Also note, they will not effect your full version you have now, and you can leave it installed as well if you desire.

Note A-10C 1.2.0 module is not just a patch, but the full thing to install in DCS World.

Don,

thanks for your help. So what I think you are saying is since I already have Steam version installed the register should provide information for the new install and not require to repurchase the new veresion. First download World - install , download the new (patch) A10 and install. Will give it a try.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A-10C SOUNDTRACK

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick