Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

Megascenery Hawaii - better than flight?

It has been a while since I've had this add-on installed, but isn't Hawaii on FSX with Megascenery Hawaii superior to Flight Hawaii? Judging from the leaked videos that I have seen, I'd say yes - what then do I have to look forward to in flight that I don't already have?

Yes and no. Megascenery is more geographically accurate of course, but lacks realism when flying low just like all photoscenery does.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Megascenery has autogen on top of photoscenery,I believe. Again, it has been a while.

Guest jahman

I looooove Megascenery! (Wait, but that looks better than MS Flight!)Cheers,- jahman.

Megascenery has autogen on top of photoscenery,I believe. Again, it has been a while.
Yes it does, but it isn't dense enough to look good, and the texture of the autogen has a different color tone than the photos, so it looks odd. Still, it's not a bad product. I used it a lot with Bill W's Dillingham airport scenery. Probably too much since I now am tired og Hawaii.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Megascenery Oahu with Manny Mahadevan's Oahu add-ons plus a revamped Waikiki beach along with Areosofts Dillingham make Oahu much more realistic with lots of autogen and other enhancements. Most of these files are free on Avsim or Flightsim.com. Add FS Dreamteams Honolulu, Lihue, Kahalui, Kona and Hilo airports along with Newports Maui, Molokai, Lanai, and Kauai photo scenery really makes flying Hawaii quite enjoyable.Josh

Edited by JoshKemp

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Of course it's NOT better than Flight. I don't see any pretty flying coins in the FSX version. Flight will most certainly excel in the ability to earn points while flying around Hawaii, just like in real life.

Here's some Megascenery pics. Water is REX.
Wow. Nice screenshots, Alain. I like your Hawaii. And, I love the Corsair.
Of course it's NOT better than Flight. I don't see any pretty flying coins in the FSX version. Flight will most certainly excel in the ability to earn points while flying around Hawaii, just like in real life.
Now, that's funny, Liz! I'm laughing out loud.

2009-11-5_16-52-14-630.jpgLooks like that Italian captian Francesco Schettino got himself a new job! That was quick!

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Looks like that Italian captian Francesco Schettino got himself a new job! That was quick!
That's exactly what I was thinking :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Flight is better. :(
I disagree. Edited by pvjinflight

Aside from the autogen issues and the sometimes illusion of flatness photoscenery gives off, my biggest beef with MS Hawaii is how dark and drab the coloring is. It makes it look like it's always a dark cloudy day. Funny that someone posted the Hawaii 5-0 intro. Go watch the new one where they do some sweeping shots over Honolulu. You'll see what I mean by the coloring.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.