Sign in to follow this  
Jason.A

FSX still crashing 9/10 times when ending flight?

Just wondering if others still have this issue, its never been resolved for me.If i select Esc, then End Flight 9 out of 10 times i get a fatal FSX crash when using the NGX 6,7,8, or 9.

Jason Aerts

Problem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: fsx.exeApplication Version: 10.0.61637.0Application Timestamp: 46fadb14Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLLFault Module Version: 1.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp: 4ee272e9Exception Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 0010f343OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem:LCID: 1033

Jason Aerts

I've been getting crashes occasionally also using ESC.. Try going into menu then end flight from there and see how you go

I find it sometimes get hung up after I end a flight and I can't access the FS menu. I have to go into task manager and shut down FSX. However, I don't think I've had the problem when I start FSX using admin privileges.

I had crashes everytime I clicked exit FSX. Running FSX in Admin mode on Win 7 stopped FSX from crashing upon exiting.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I get crashes whenever i dont shut down the other applications i have connected to fsx before I close fsx itself (thing like squawkbox / fsinn / weather engine / fsacars etc)

I had crashes everytime I clicked exit FSX. Running FSX in Admin mode on Win 7 stopped FSX from crashing upon exiting.
I will give this a try.EDITNope still getting the crash. And 1-4 times i try exiting via Esc/Exit i get a fatal crash caused by the PMDG.dll same as using End Flight Edited by highkoo

Jason Aerts

I get crashes whenever i dont shut down the other applications i have connected to fsx before I close fsx itself (thing like squawkbox / fsinn / weather engine / fsacars etc)
I get crashed with or without things like AS2012 running in the background.Anyone not getting crashes from the ngx exiting FSX?If so then there must be something causing the issue with the PMDG.dllEDIT:of course it only crashes about 9/10 times, what is or is not happening that one time it actually shuts down properly hmmm Edited by highkoo

Jason Aerts

Now it seems to be getting even stranger the more i look into things.Even when i can get out of a flight via the Esc/end flight and back to the fsx loading screen, looking at the NGX i notice the engines look strange with a large white-ish circular disk in the center of them, if i then go to fully close down FSX, i get the Same crash with the same Error i posted above.EDIT: its as if the Main engine Fan blades are missing.Has anyone made a support ticket out of this, could anyone from pmdg let me know if you guys are aware of the issue?

Edited by highkoo

Jason Aerts

These crashes are ONLY with the PDMG 737 NGX? Right.? I too get a crash 15% of the time with the 737. FSX would crash upon exiting. I wonder if constant crashing will mess up the files in FSX.

Paul Gugliotta

These crashes are ONLY with the PDMG 737 NGX? Right.? I too get a crash 15% of the time with the 737. FSX would crash upon exiting. I wonder if constant crashing will mess up the files in FSX.
Yes i have only gotten this crash with the NGX and the error code shows the pmdg.dll as being the cause.

Jason Aerts

Everything all right on my side. No PMDG.dll crashes overall.
Please add your experience to the poll i just put up, id really like to figure this out thanks :)

Jason Aerts