Sign in to follow this  
Jason.A

FSX still crashing 9/10 times when ending flight?

Ok i just loaded up 8 times in a row without a crash using defualt weather and time, flying around, just sitting on the runway.... setting up a quick flight from KSEA - KPDX cutting the flight midway through, and no issues FSX closed perfeclty.Then i try changing weather, and switch to the 736 and dusk time, turn on the lights sit for a bit and try to close FSX... CRASH's again, so i load up the 738 again, leave evertying at defualt, try and exit and CRASH, i try again and CRASH on exit...Serioulsy baffled now :sad:Can someone from PMDG please assist me, do i perhaps need a new base package to install?I have whatever was released on day one, and the service packs plus the 600, 700 release.Its not really the crash on exit that makes it so bad, its the fact i cant change much of anything or even dare to alt=tab using the ngx.

Edited by highkoo

Jason Aerts

According to this:For questions related to your account, billing, installation or validationof this software, please visit our Customer Support Portal:http://support.precisionmanuals.comPMDG Simulations does not provide telephone support for any product.For all other questions, or to learn more about operating the airplanebeing simulated, please read the manuals and visit our customerforum at AVSim. You can find this forum by linking to it from ourhomepage.These forums are where i am supposed to request support?

Jason Aerts

These forums are where i am supposed to request support?
Or you can Go here: http://support.preci...in/Default.aspx Register and submit a support ticket.Notice they will not email you. Return later and check the status of your support ticket and if they have replied you will see the answers to your questions. Edited by UAL115

Or you can Go here: http://support.preci...in/Default.aspx Register and submit a support ticket.Notice they will not email you. Return later and check the status of your support ticket and if they have replied you will see the answers to your questions.
Ok but its says for "For questions related to your account, billing, installation or validationof this software, please visit our Customer Support Portal"None of those apply to my issues.

Jason Aerts

Stop analyzing everything and just register and submit a support ticket.Just some ideas before you go though.Try running in windowed mode and see how that goes.Never close Activesky First.For the UIAutomationcore.dll Fix to work properly you need the 32-bit file from Windows Vista. This is the only file that will work correctly. Get it here and drop it in your FSX folder. http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/download/uiautomationcore.dll.html

Edited by UAL115

I used to have this problem regularly when I had FSX installed on Programs(86). Also I believe it was related to the piracy protection of some software that I was using in FSX. When I installed FSX directly on "C" drive and didn't install some of the questionable software, the problem pretty much ended.It still happens every now and then, but not very often.Bob

I had been seeing this frequently. I uninstalled FSX and re-installed to C:FSX instead of the default location. Haven't had a crash since.

Since I stopped saving the default flight with the PMDG 737, I haven't had any of these crashes on exit or when selecting the aircraft.

Guys, I have inquired this problem via PMDG Support and they replied that they are already aware of this. They have not found a root causeof this problem yet they have managed to dupulicate this problem. I would sudgest you guys if you can provide as much as info to PMDG so they cananalyze further. I have submitted DX diag and Windows Event Log to them. Hope they can come up with some solution for this but they are really tryingmake their NGX better so thumbs up for them :Peace:KENJI

System specs would be helpful, simple to include in your sig. FWIW, I do not save panel states from any addon that I have and I start an NGX flight from within the main FSX UI, I have ensured that the UIAutomation DLL has been installed and properly signed within the registry and I have updated FSUIPC to the latest version. I do not experience any crashes whatsoever.Repeated crashes will not mess up any FSX files but the frustration will continue. Hopefully your issues will be resolved.

\Robert Hamlich/

The SOLUTION for me was to set the priority of the FSX process to 'above normal' in Task Manager once FSX was running (Right Click on the process).

No more greyed out windows when returning from outside views either! :-)