NGX causing FSX to crash on exit.  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Does FSX crash on exit after using the NGX

• Yes when i exit with "End Flight"
    • Yes when i exit with "Exit"
    • FSX has crashed using both methods.
    • No FSX does not crash on Exit.
  2. 2. If yes to the above is the Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL

Problem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: fsx.exeApplication Version: 10.0.61637.0Application Timestamp: 46fadb14Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLLFault Module Version: 1.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp: 4ee272e9Exception Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 0010f343OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem:LCID: 1033

Edited by highkoo

Jason Aerts

Yes my FSX crashes practically every time on exit, whatever I do, but it does not seem to damage anything. New sessions work perfectly well, so is it a big problem ?cheers,Luc

Luc Voeltzel LSGG

I had a crash every time on exit or when going to the menus. After removing the ENB series i have no problems at all.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

having answered "no FSX does not crash on exit" to the 1st question, I'm required to answer the 2nd "If yes to the above is the Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL"isn't it strange ?

Guys install the latest version of Pete's FSUIPC, This will stop the crashing experiencehttp://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/Also in the settings tab on FSX. there is an option to exit fsx with out menu do that too. so when you click the X in the top right hand corner it will go str8 off without the prompt

Edited by Steve Inwood

If it crashed on entry I'd be a bit more concerned, but since it's on exit I couldn't really care to be honest.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

PMDGNGX never crashes on exit for me.For some reason I could not get the poll to accept my vote .. gave an error .. said I had to vote in each section (two selections total, one in each section) but the second section only applies yo "yes" votes in the first section?

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

There's also an issue where if you close FSX before ASE (or vice versa, I can't remember), it can hang/crash.As mentioned: what's the issue if you're closing the program anyway?

Kyle Rodgers

Guys install the latest version of Pete's FSUIPC, This will stop the crashing experiencehttp://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/Also in the settings tab on FSX. there is an option to exit fsx with out menu do that too. so when you click the X in the top right hand corner it will go str8 off without the prompt
Maybe is the reason that i don't get any crashes, I always check for fsuipc updates :( . But i have crash related with dtdll when startin the sim but not everytime.

There's also an issue where if you close FSX before ASE (or vice versa, I can't remember), it can hang/crash.As mentioned: what's the issue if you're closing the program anyway?
Previously I had ASE (on a workstation PC in another room) and I always closed MSFS9.1 and MSFSX first without a problem. ASE still running.Now I have ASE on the workstation (for FS9.1 use only) and I also have AS2012 on the workstation PC ... No problem .. I still close FSX first. No problems.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Yep i can now agree with the ASE users. I spoke to Zach about this product in regards to buying it and now i have i always let it stay open right until the end then close that down last. Same with the AES make sure that has finished it's bits before cutting it off that will cause a problem too..

Guys,We've run debug gauges on systems that see this issue and the crash occurs outside of the NGX's executing code - this effectively means it's FSX causing it somehow and it's not something we can fix. The final piece of code in the NGX's shutdown process (called the "destructor" routine) is called, it reports finished, and then the crash happens AFTER that. We don't know how it's possible that it still blames the NGX dll for the crash because that destructor is literally the last thing that ever executes out of the NGX dll as it shuts down.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Some Food for thought. Based on the poll above the majority are not having a problem with crashes at all. Is it possible the crash is happening because of the program shut down order that some of you are using?Before I proceed let met just say that in the past I have always loaded FSX first then ASE. But now that AS2012 has its own textures I have to load it first so that I can import a plan and have it send the WX based theme textures to FSX. So that is the way I am doing it now with AS2012.Everyone uses different programs so I am just going to state the programs that I use and the order I start and close my programs.1 ) Build the Flight Plan.2 ) Load AS2012 and Import Flight Plan and generate WX Based Theme set for FSX3 ) Load FSX4 ) Setup Aircraft5 ) Load FSINN and connect to VATSIM6 ) Load ACARS7 ) At the end of the Flight and parked at the gate, disconnect from VATSIM and Close FSINN8 ) Close ACARS9 ) Exit FSX and wait for it to completey shut down all FSINN apps running in background10 ) Close AS2012It is also important to note that I am running in Windowed Mode with the window maximized. So if your running in Full Screen try switching to Window Mode before exiting FSX?

Edited by UAL115

Hey, thanks a lot! That did it. I had this awfull SimConnect.dll_unloaded error when switching full/windowed screen mode. Did two flights with the FSUIPC 4.761 build and no problems at all. Could be imagination but the sim seems to run smoother too.