NGX causing FSX to crash on exit.  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Does FSX crash on exit after using the NGX

• Yes when i exit with "End Flight"
    • Yes when i exit with "Exit"
    • FSX has crashed using both methods.
    • No FSX does not crash on Exit.
  2. 2. If yes to the above is the Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL

Guys install the latest version of Pete's FSUIPC, This will stop the crashing experiencehttp://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/Also in the settings tab on FSX. there is an option to exit fsx with out menu do that too. so when you click the X in the top right hand corner it will go str8 off without the prompt
I have the latest FSUIPC installed and Registered although i cant imagine why that would be needed.Using the EXIT option in FSX still causes a crash about 1/4 times.

Jason Aerts

Guys,We've run debug gauges on systems that see this issue and the crash occurs outside of the NGX's executing code - this effectively means it's FSX causing it somehow and it's not something we can fix. The final piece of code in the NGX's shutdown process (called the "destructor" routine) is called, it reports finished, and then the crash happens AFTER that. We don't know how it's possible that it still blames the NGX dll for the crash because that destructor is literally the last thing that ever executes out of the NGX dll as it shuts down.
Ok but what i do not understand is why do some not have the issue at all, speaking for myself i have just completed a full clean reinstall of my OS windows 7 and FSX, following NickN's procedures besides the tweaks thus far.First time i loaded up the NGX again i got the crash, its not really much of a big deal as far as that goes, accept it also affect my ability toAlt-Tab which i literally can not do if using the NGX.Id really like to get to the bottom of this and figure out what FSX is doing on some machines that its not doing on others.I have a logitech Keyboard and mouse? lol sounds strange but ive heard these sometimes causing issues.Needless to say i am at a loss here.Cheers

Jason Aerts

Jason,Do you have another PC in the house to do a test?Is you PC on a home network?Is you PC (etc) overclocked?Any other PMDG products ?Any Default MSFS aircraft tested?Did you test on a fresh install without Nicks or any other add on etc Wx programs (bare bones with all MSFSX patches) ?Without ALT tabbing etc ... just load and fly and then exit the fresh install.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I'm following this thread because my situation is, I'm getting the CDT (PMDG_737NGX.DLL) & (ntdll) on startup. This morning I had four CTD of PMDG_737NGX.DLL and two ntdll's. I normally start AS2012 then FSX, but when I started to get the CTD's I just tried to start FSX and I ended up with the 737ngx.dll or ntdll. I also tired rebooting the computer but I still got the issues. I haven't had these issues long maybe a week, but I don't now what's causing it? This is a new install of both OS WIN7 & FSX(TWO WEEKS OLD)Also another thing I noticed I get the CTD after selecting my acft. I got the CTD with the following acft, ES Citation X, Pmdg 737NGX. I havn't tested all my acft yet but I had no issues with default and LVLD 767. I will do more testing to try and isolate a pattern.And yes, I have applied NickN tweaks.Don

Don,Are you sure you want to post your problem in this Poll topic?When you post say Win 32 or 64 bit?FSX SP or accel?Windows Error log ... says what module caused the problem.Your running FS hardware / software in use ?More details about your setup .. generally.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Sorry, I saw issues that I am having and posted without thinking. I'll repost in the main forumDon

This is happening to me now ONLY with the NGX when I close with End Flight. Event Viewer doesn't record anything (very strange). All other aircraft allow a clean exit from their flight. I'm using W7-64....any ideas?

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've done the UIAutomationcore and the VCRED thing and everytime FSX.exe crashes on exit. No matter what.I'd love to have it fixed, but I complete flights regularly (including NGX flights), so I guess its a non-issue.

Edited by SKEWR

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Yes,Everytime I load, and then end the flight with the 737 NGX, FSX crashes. By this, I mean it stops running. Bringing up Task Manager shows FSX "not responding."This happens 100% of the time.Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Saitek hardware can cause this. I had this problem with Saitek multi panel. I unplugged it loaded up FSX, NGX, and a flight then once completed, closed and no DLL crash. This is just one of a few possible causes.

Hi everyone, I'm glad that I am not the only one this is happening to.

I get this crash on exiting FSX too.............(Only started happening after I installed PMDG 737ngx). I just installed the 737ngx this morning off the C.D that is now available and ran FSX to make sure everything was working I then exited and FSX crashed.

So I rebooted my computer and tried another quick test and FSX crashed again on exit.

I next installed the latest patch (SP 1c from the PMDG site), which did not make any differance as FSX still crashed on exit.

I next uninstalled 737ngx and reinstalled the whole lot again and FSX still crashes................

I have tried several different airports within my sim, both Orbox and FSX but no differance.

Hope someone can come up with an answer to this problem.......................

Hi,

Sorry to hear you guys have this kind of issue, but for me ? "No FSX does not crash on Exit & I dont have this issue", voted.. :Peace:

NGX SP1C + ASE + GSX + IVAP + REX + GEX on the system.

Good luck guys!

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

Hello Guys,

does anywone installed the FSX Acceleration pack ?

I think that's the problem.

Before i installed the acceleration pack seems everything 100%.

I did a clean install of windows 7 and FSX including the accelation pack en the problems have started.

Before i had only FSX Deluxe installed.

I hear from you guys.

Best regards,

Michael

Guys install the latest version of Pete's FSUIPC, This will stop the crashing experience

http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/

Also in the settings tab on FSX. there is an option to exit fsx with out menu do that too. so when you click the X in the top right hand corner it will go str8 off without the prompt

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip