Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Cessna Citation X or Cessna Citation Mustang?

Which aircraft is better, Citation X or Citation Mustang? I want a corporate payware but I am not sure which is better.

Josh Scholl

Both are extremely well done and their abilities far different from each other...The Mustang is great for short regional travel and the G1000 displays are nice but can be FPS intensive. The Citation X excels in long-range flying plus the short range, and V2 of the CX is very well done with Honeywell avionics suite and FMS.I own both, and I fly both... but if I had to choose one before the other it would be the Citation X due to it's much greater range and equally impressive avionics...

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Both are very good but very different aircraft. You can't go wrong buying either one. I have both and very happy with them.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Just downloaded the carendo malibu jetprop; LOVE IT, have the mustang and this malibu feels a little more like a cross between a fun flying prop and the speed and sound of a jet. Really fun plane!

Edited by simon747

Simon

If you have the horsepower in your home super computer buy the Mustang!

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The Mustang is a must have. But, you must have the CPU to run it.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

They both tax my PC hehe... but they are much different. Ones fast ones slow... the mustang is not quick by any means but it can get in and out of tiny strips. The G1000 on the mustang is worth the price alone imho. However the VNAV on the Citation X is well done (something the mustang lacks)...Try to save for both.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes, that central MFD is great for keeping track of my location during "low and slow" VFR flights (which is all I ever do, to be honest).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Both are purpose built and both will be enjoyed for years to come so we advocate ownership of more than one jet in your corporate hanger...There is one other short to medium jet which is often overlooked and that would be a CJ1+. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I would like the Citation X and Mustang but I am not sure if my computer can handle it. I have REX + Overdrive, PMDG 747-400, 747-8i, PMDG 737 NGX A2A B-17, A2A B377 COTS, Super mega_shok.gif pro, Traffic X, Ultimate Terrain X USA, LEVELD 767 and Carenado Bonanza. I have not tried this yet on my new computer but I have heard even with great systems the game has low FPS. I have built a new computer. If I purchase the Mustang, Citation X V2, do you think my computer can handle it? I also heart the Piper Cheyenne is good. Any feedback on the Piper Cheyenne? Is it Cheyenne X by Aerosoft? Review said it was built for FS9 but works with FSX so the detail isn't great. Thanks.Specs:ASUS Sabertooth 990FX motherboardAMD X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3 GHzATI Sapphire HD Radeon 6850Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit12 GB RAM

Josh Scholl

Both the Citation X and the Mustang have 30 day refund policies so you could buy both and return one or both if they tax your system too much (which I don't think they will). The Mustang is a better made add-on in my opinion but with the refund policy you have nothing to lose.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Just to be crystal clear, it is the Eaglesoft Citation X (both v1.0 and v2.0) that have the 30 day refund. Other vendors' CX s do not... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I got the Eaglesoft CX v2 a month ago and it is a great business jet. I went with this one because I wanted one that could go coast to coast in the US nonstop and be able to perform LNAV/VNAV from takeoff to landing. I will not do a full autoland, but it gets awful close to one. I have not regretted my decision to get the ES CX v2 over the F1 Mustang one bit.

I had the ES CX for FS9 and it was a mainstay of my GA fleet that I flew a good bit. I also had the Mustang for FSX and ended up returning it after a couple weeks. The Mustang was very pretty to look at but performance wise it makes FSX run like a dog. While the G1000 was nice, there were certain things you could do in the menu's for a guaranteed FSX crash.Not doing much GA flying right now, but if I were, I would buy CX 2.0.