Sign in to follow this  
sheepfu

Carenado Malibu and Radar Contact

I am having an unusual issue with the Radar contact and my Piper Malibu from Carenado. My configuration includes the Reality XP 430 and 530 units. I am getting random crashes to desktop. I have not experienced these issues with other aircraft I have tried (PMDG NGX, CS 757, F1 Mustang, RealAir Duke with same Reality XP units). Are there any hints to help me troubleshoot this issue? Without listing my specs, let me just say that I have more than sufficient hardware. Also running Win7 64 and registered FSUIPC.

Using the Malibu as of the last 4 days (awesome) but don't have radar contact (yet)...hopefully you will get some help...

Simon

There should be no issue with RC regarding the Malibu. If the A/P is a standard FS interface the RC copilot might be able to fly it. Similarly if the comms interface is FS standard RC and the co-pilot can tune it for you.The Reality XP Garmin series is driven by the external Garmin Trainer application running in the background. There may have been issues with that in Win 7-64. I would browse the Reality XP forums here:http://www.simforums.com/Forums/forum12.htmlThere are some entries regarding .ini file changes and different locations.You can locate the installed Garmin Trainer application and run it as a stand-alone to see if it works OK.

make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum. usually there is a dialog box with some sort of run time error. that might help troubleshoot the issuealso make sure you have the latest fsuipc on your machinejd

Just for anybody searching this issue ended up being a problem with Activesky not Radar contact.

Please describe the solution so others might benefit even though it is not an RC problem.