Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Just discovered BlueSkyScenery.... but :(

I have been looking for a good alternative to my MegaScenery NorCal scenery to use in FSX for months and thought my only hope was waiting for ORBX.However, just today I found Blue Sky Scenery! Unfortunately it looks like their files are unavailable to due megaupload being shut down... :( Looks like I discovered them just a couple weeks too late!Does anyone happen to know when their scenery might be back up? Or is it by any chance (legally) hosted anywhere else?Thanks!

• Upvote 1

BlueSky says they are working on it at their web site.

They are uploading to 'Rapidshare' now. The newest ones are available now, the older ones are being uploaded as he gets to them (as I understand his notice).He also changed the way you get the files, it used to be 5 sections per region, now its 1, but they are large, around 500megs each. I have already got the first 2 he has done

Jay

Now those folks have a lot to upload now. But it's worth the wait. I've got some of their Chilli View things and instantly donated. Very nicely done.

Have a bunch of their scenery and although there is a lot to download, it is definately worth it.Be patient until they get everything back up and running. It will definately be worth the wait.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Will do.Since you guys have used it, maybe you can answer this for me. Does the scenery have any autogen, or is it just the photo scenery?

Does the scenery have any autogen, or is it just the photo scenery?
Yes it has autogen. However there are some small issues with some airports. There are AFCAD's for most of those if you want to use them.The other things you should be aware of is that the sceneries are one season only and not much night lighting, so its great for daytime flying primarily.Here is a screen shot on approach to KSFO to give you an idea of what you can expect....

Jay

Yes it has autogen. However there are some small issues with some airports. There are AFCAD's for most of those if you want to use them.The other things you should be aware of is that the sceneries are one season only and not much night lighting, so its great for daytime flying primarily.Here is a screen shot on approach to KSFO to give you an idea of what you can expect....
Doesn't California only have one season anyway? Okay, maybe two seasons: nice weather and slightly less nice weather. blum.gifJust a little autogen to break up the neighboorhoods and tops of hills on take off out of KSQL is all I'm looking for. Megascenery Nor Cal has enough autogen to make it interesting, but that scenery was made for FS9 and the resolution is just horrible until you get well above 1000'. Edited by malibu43

BS scenery runs from parts of CA, through NV-AZ-UT and all the way to Denver as of now....Here is a shot of KSQL so you can see what to expect...

Jay

I realize BlueSky covers some areas that actually do experience seasons. I was just kidding.

BS scenery runs from parts of CA, through NV-AZ-UT and all the way to Denver as of now....Here is a shot of KSQL so you can see what to expect...
Thanks. That's about what I expected from free photo scenery. Still appears to be better than MegaScenery.

Wow. Those actually look pretty good. I'd heard mixed things about MegaSceneryEarth so I hadn't considered it. Would you by anychance be able to grab a screen shot of KSQL similar to the one that PIC007 took so that I can compare the two products?

Wow. Those actually look pretty good. I'd heard mixed things about MegaSceneryEarth so I hadn't considered it. Would you by anychance be able to grab a screen shot of KSQL similar to the one that PIC007 took so that I can compare the two products?
Sure no probs; what kinda weather....I am about to do a flight around there so I can do this eve for ya. Edited by simon747

Simon