Sign in to follow this  
JonathanW

Panel issue

Hey guys,I have been using the MD-11 and FS2crew for FSX almost a year now. I just recently started seeing this so I have no idea what caused it. How ever I have read about the 64 window limit and I do not have any other add ons except FSUIPC, UT2, Supertraffic board and FS2CREW. I have had all those add ons for over a year and this just happened? The only other thing that I changed was my graphics card drivers which I updated for Nivida GTX 580.Any ideas to try? Maybe roll back to the original drivers on the card or delete a window panel? If I delete one or two which panels would you delete?Take a look and toss me some ideas to try if anyone has had this happened. Kind of caught me off guard. It happens a few minutes after start up or when I change views.Thanks.

Try changing to the original drivers.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Only other thing I can suggest is to go to Control Panel in Windows and click on Display. Make sure that Smaller - 100% is set and make sure that the resolution is set correctly.If that doesn't fix it, send a support ticket to PMDG and I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The background of that overhead panel is not the one supplied by PMDG, and it looks like you need to set the option for widescreen panel.Bill

I can confirm that I have the same problem as well. I had the MD11 for about 8 months and suddenly it made the same error.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

What is the graphics cards you guys using? I am using the Nividia 580 GTX. Now I have not changed anything, but this is what I am getting. I am not running the sim in full screen mode either. I did not install any add ons on the MD-11 other then fs2crew. So I have had no issues for almost a year until this started happening for no reason that I can find. It is beyong me, and I have submitted a ticket to PMDG and so far they are stumped as well. The only option left is to wipe the drive and perform a fresh install.The question is why? I have no issues with the sim, no corrupt files, nada, nothing. I have no issues with anything else, just the MD-11. I did uninstall it and re-installed it, but after several minutes and a few view changes, it acts goofy again with the same results as the picture above. So any of you chaps find a solution to this? I have done everything, updated drivers, rolled back drivers, un-installed and re-installed the MD-11, changed from wide screen to normal, lowered my resolution settings below recommended settings, changed my fonts to small, (which they were already, never changed them any way since I got the computer).Well, I am out of ideas on it.

What other add-ons are you using??? EZDOCK? any cameras? Walk and Follow? AES????

My guess is that microsoft updated the Visual C++ runtime or something so that the MD11 panel no longer is compatible. Just a guess though.

Manfred G.

Good thought, I will check into that. I'll post my findings here after I dig into again and get a result one way or another.

Good thought, I will check into that. I'll post my findings here after I dig into again and get a result one way or another.
Great :)

Manfred G.

I experienced this for the first time ever today. It comes the day after I installed FS2Crew. Yesterday I did Two daytime flights with the passenger version and default PMDG livery and it worked fine. Today I am doing a night freighter flight with the FedEx levery and I had this happen so I reloaded it. It happened again after I shut FSX down and restarted and created a new flight. I did find that if resized the flight contol panel a little bit taller it went back to normal. I did have the same problem with the overhead but it went back to normal for no apparent reason. I was also having a problem with my displays in the VC being distorted and doubled up but that went away too. Now the FS2Crew panel that comes up by right clicking the engine display is all distorted and doubled up. I have seem this kind of thing happen in the VC when I resized panles in the 2D cockpit in another plane but I haven't resized anything on the MD-11. I also loaded it into the 2D panel like they say in the FS2Crew manual. This issue does seem to have something to do with FS2Crew though.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I experienced this for the first time ever today. It comes the day after I installed FS2Crew. Yesterday I did Two daytime flights with the passenger version and default PMDG livery and it worked fine. Today I am doing a night freighter flight with the FedEx levery and I had this happen so I reloaded it. It happened again after I shut FSX down and restarted and created a new flight. I did find that if resized the flight contol panel a little bit taller it went back to normal. I did have the same problem with the overhead but it went back to normal for no apparent reason. I was also having a problem with my displays in the VC being distorted and doubled up but that went away too. Now the FS2Crew panel that comes up by right clicking the engine display is all distorted and doubled up. I have seem this kind of thing happen in the VC when I resized panles in the 2D cockpit in another plane but I haven't resized anything on the MD-11. I also loaded it into the 2D panel like they say in the FS2Crew manual. This issue does seem to have something to do with FS2Crew though.
Well i can say that I have the same problem but I do not have FS2Crew for any add-on. For me the problems started after I bought myself a widescreen. Resizing the panel in FSX seems though as if "repairs" the issue momentarily. If it helps I also have the problem with the Leonardo Maddog 2010.Manfred

Manfred G.