Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

If FSDT can offer free ...

port over to P3D, why is ORBX charging so much per addon.If I may quote Umberto:"The good news is: we are not requiring an additional license for Prepar3D, if you already own a valid KLAX Serial Number from your past FSX purchase, you can use it to activate the Prepar3D version.If you run both FSX and Prepar3D on the same machine, and your KLAX was already activated under FSX, there will be no need to do anything: the Prepar3D version of the scenery will work as a fully registered version"Something is not right with there reasons for charging. trying to make a fast buck ? heaven help me should I post this in the Orbx forum.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I think it is *complete* nonsense that they would try to suck as much cash as possible. There products are nice, but I think that they are a ripoff.Totally absurd that they want to charge for a very simple port.

I agree Ben, if it is just a case of re directing the install routine. But you cannot discuss it with them without being sentenced to 40 lashes. With the exchange rate as it is, it would sting me $8 a pop. I am not a tight arse, but draw the line at being fleeced for that extra amount of money. So my Orbx addons will be staying within FSX, but at no loss to them, just me.I don't trust the Aussie flightsim store either (which belongs to orbx) after ripping me off about a year ago when I purchased Fs Commander, but that's another story.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

heaven help me should I post this in the Orbx forum.
Yes, dont do it. The post will be locked or deleted faster than you can blink, plus you'll get banned. To your post, I agree. Aerosoft is also offering P3D support for some of their addons at no additional cost. If I ever get P3D there's no way i'd pay that much for another license. I would honestly rather do without or find a way to make it work on my own.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

To your post, I agree. Aerosoft is also offering P3D support for some of their addons at no additional cost. If I ever get P3D there's no way i'd pay that much for another license. I would honestly rather do without or find a way to make it work on my own.
John Nicol is already hinting that P3D is moving into a commercial development. I think it is already "dead" in terms of future compatibility and support.

Yes, dont do it. The post will be locked or deleted faster than you can blink, plus you'll get banned.To your post, I agree. Aerosoft is also offering P3D support for some of their addons at no additional cost. If I ever get P3D there's no way i'd pay that much for another license. I would honestly rather do without or find a way to make it work on my own.
Exactly Jim. I am thinking the same.

John Nicol is already hinting that P3D is moving into a commercial development. I think it is already "dead" in terms of future compatibility and support.
Really? What did he say?

Really? What did he say?
From the Prepar3d forum:"Again, Prepar3D is not intended to be a replacement for FSX and as such the price point reflects the market that it is intended for. I realize that the genesis of the source code is the same and hence the confusion surrounding the product space. Hopefully we can continue to clarify that as we progress." - John Nicol

Thank you Ben. I am not too sure what he means, as it could be taken a few different ways. Maybe that was his intent, can't tell.Kind regards,

Aerosoft also offers free P3D installers for their later products. However, lets play fair, the Orbx folks explained some technical background which lead them to invest extra hours on already finished scenery to e. g. get PeopleFlow running.I'm definitely not a fan of the extra payment though. Since I don't use Lockheed's sim, I'm not that affected but can understand and support your thinking.

John was actually just doing a bit of CYA with that post, making it crystal clear that if the person he was replying to was intending to use Prepar3D for "entertainment" then...Too many of L-M's commercial customers have mega-bucks invested already in the current dot version. They will add new capabilities to Prepar3D, but they won't be breaking current compatibility any time soon, if ever.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think you should have read this first. http://forum.avsim.n...irst-forum-%E2% mega_shok.gif%9Cbanned%E2% mega_shok.gif%9D-orbx/If you post about it you will get banned and post deleted.You simple cannot, no matter how nice you word it question anything these days over there. Even if your a very good customer, you become and I quote." If we lost every single one of those whiners as a customer it would make our lives and jobs easier "That's what I became :( :( :Shocked:Orbx in P3D does nothing more than read the files from your fsx install, a little code and they want a flat fee of £5 per product even the one that cost £10 to buy in the first place. So £5x how many you have is what it will cost you to move Orbx over to P3D.I could not agree with your comments anymore.Even the mod here is, Stephen is banned. There was a forum over there that was brilliant for PC stuff and Stephen was one if not the top man and it was great for help with all things FSX but O no that forum got deleted and Stephen for who knows why got BANNED, lol.

Edited by NyxxUK

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thank you Ben. I am not too sure what he means, as it could be taken a few different ways. Maybe that was his intent, can't tell.Kind regards,
This quote from Nicol is more clear:"Bottom line, don't use it as a replacement for a game, it needs to be used for non-entertainment purposes. That is all I will say on the matter. I personally cannot see any other interpretations, so do not know what else to say"And:"Just a point that Prepar3D is a simulation framework that is for the development of simulation applications."Can't get any clearer then that. I already had my doubt about P3D but after reading this I decided to forget about it and focus on... MS Flight! :wink:Apart from the fact that having to pay for Orbx licences for P3d isn't exactly what I'd call 'nice', I think it's also dangerous because there is a BIG change all the money spend on P3D will be going down the drain in the future... I wonder what kind of posts you'll get on the Orbx forum then...
Too many of L-M's commercial customers have mega-bucks invested already in the current dot version. They will add new capabilities to Prepar3D, but they won't be breaking current compatibility any time soon, if ever.
Hm, I remember reading that compatibility with current addons isn't something that will LM hold back in improving P3D...! Don't forget that a lot of current addons are consumer addons and not commercial addons. Don't be surprised if a specific plane that works now in P3D won't work in the next version. Another reason to take care and to not spend too much money on P3D imho. (Pity I can't find the post about this right now...)

I think you should have read this first. http://forum.avsim.n...irst-forum-%E2% mega_shok.gif%9Cbanned%E2% mega_shok.gif%9D-orbx/If you post about it you will get banned and post deleted.You simple cannot, no matter how nice you word it question anything these days over there. Even if your a very good customer, you become and I quote." If we lost every single one of those whiners as a customer it would make our lives and jobs easier "That's what I became :( :( :Shocked:Orbx in P3D does nothing more than read the files from your fsx install, a little code and they want a flat fee of £5 per product even the one that cost £10 to buy in the first place. So 5x how many you have is what it will cost you to move Orbx over to P3D.I could not agree with your comments anymore.Even the mod here is, Stephen is banned. There was a forum over there that was brilliant for PC stuff and Stephen was one if not the top man and it was great for help with all things FSX but O no that forum got deleted and Stephen for who knows why got BANNED, lol.
Yes David, I read from front to back, and, well not exactly thigh slapping is it. How they have treated most of there loyal customers borders on insanity. In my opinoin, they have disconnected themselves from there customers, and only nurture those who dare not challenge there ethics. Which is sad, as we are talking about a FS addon provider, not a large corporationHowever, it is not Orbx head office (trying to avoid names here) that has made Orbx one of the best addon developers in our flying worll, it is the talent of the scenery creators, and most importantly, the customers. Without both, what do you have ? They do rely on the quality of there products to uphold the Orbx reputation, which in itself is fine, but where do you draw the line between reputation for great products, and customer support, or for a better word, involvment.I am flying over the Denmark Strait typing this,thinking do I need Orbx more than they need me ? No, I do not need them, I can survive without ever purchasing anymore of there products whilst the current situation remains.As for Stephen getting the spanish archer, well that is our gain, and there loss.

Yes David, I read from front to back, and, well not exactly thigh slapping is it. How they have treated most of there loyal customers borders on insanity. In my opinoin, they have disconnected themselves from there customers, and only nurture those who dare not challenge there ethics. Which is sad, as we are talking about a FS addon provider, not a large corporation
The fact is that FS seems to attract a lot of wimps who will readily put up with abuse from developers - most forums are full of swooning idiots and sycophants who just want to feel part of something and will rush to a developers defence as if it was a family member when in reality they are just a customer and mean nothing to the developer at all. There are two threads over there at the moment - one person came out and said that he thought one of the recently updated products was disappointing and within 24 hours another thread was born which mirrors it almost exactly with the same old people saying just the opposite and how great they think it is when I bet some of them don't even have the product. It's just silly. I have spent a lot of money over there in the last couple of years and am really looking forward to when they reach California and then hopefully Arizona and New Mexico etc - I can honestly think of nothing better but I do wonder if Orbx will be around for long enough to do it as there just seems to be a sense of panic about the place. Products are being rushed out that arent ready and even the sycophants will get tired of that eventually. Hopefully there will be a management takeover and it will be run by passionate simmers who want to produce the best 'gimmick free' product rather than those just looking to make as much money as they can before the bubble bursts. Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog