Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

If FSDT can offer free ...

Hi,People, you are taking my words and mis-interpreting them (again). :sad:Lockheed Martin will be maintaining compatibility for as long as we can. There are no plans to break compatibility, so don't know where this is coming from. There is a statement above that indicates that I am hinting that we will move into commercial development. I absolutely have no clue what this means. The product is already available for commercial use and there are no "hints". We continue to do what we are doing and there are no post-apocalyptic plans to deviate from the course we have set. A post appeared on our site indicating that the user was or intends to use the product as a one for one replacement of FSX and it looked like it was being used as a game. This is an inappropriate use of Prepar3D. Also, Prepar3D is a simulation framework that can be used to build simulators and synthetic environments. The environment will not have game-like functionality. That is part of the product description and has been on our website since day one. The clarification I was talking about, which again seems to be highlighting that I am speaking with two tongues, is the fact that I hope to continue educating the user base that Prepar3D is not a game. My native language is New Zealand English. I realize that there are a lot of non-native New Zealand English speakers in the forums (what is that all about?) so I realize that it is easy to mis-interpret the meaning of words that are used, so if I can suggest that if there are any areas of confusion, that you seek clarification from the originator of the message, rather than delve into endless speculation.... To all, please don't read something into what I say that isn't there and then post snippets out of context in other forums. It is extremely unhelpful and is getting me into hot water each time it happens when I have to go to my bosses and say that such nonsense was not actually what I said! :Talking Ear Off:Thanks for your understanding. :Monkey:Regards,John

Thank you Ben. I am not too sure what he means, as it could be taken a few different ways. Maybe that was his intent, can't tell.Kind regards,
I know this is pure speculation, BUT, since John Nicol almost seems to be hinting that MS doesn't want them to create a game-like atmosphere so that MS can creat FSXI. There has been plenty of speculation about this. (Read Tom Allensworth blog post about him talking to MS about FSX)

The fact is that FS seems to attract a lot of wimps who will readily put up with abuse from developers - most forums are full of swooning idiots and sycophants who just want to feel part of something and will rush to a developers defence as if it was a family member when in reality they are just a customer and mean nothing to the developer at all. There are two threads over there at the moment - one person came out and said that he thought one of the recently updated products was disappointing and within 24 hours another thread was born which mirrors it almost exactly with the same old people saying just the opposite and how great they think it is when I bet some of them don't even have the product. It's just silly. I have spent a lot of money over there in the last couple of years and am really looking forward to when they reach California and then hopefully Arizona and New Mexico etc - I can honestly think of nothing better but I do wonder if Orbx will be around for long enough to do it as there just seems to be a sense of panic about the place. Products are being rushed out that arent ready and even the sycophants will get tired of that eventually. Hopefully there will be a management takeover and it will be run by passionate simmers who want to produce the best 'gimmick free' product rather than those just looking to make as much money as they can before the bubble bursts.
Very true... I have actually wondered the integrity of many of the FS companies. ORBX seems to rush products and when you point out flaws, you are banned from the forum. TOTAL nonsense in my opinion.

On the other hand almost all of the ORBX scenery products are extremely well done right out of the gate. Sometimes larger issues like library sceneries have to be updated before or after a new release, and remember, only a limited number of people can beta test before. Don't you think they do a really good job in that regard? Most of the issues crop up only after a whole lot of usage by customers.Come to think of it, I was satisfied with the release integrity of all 37 of my ORBX purchases. Some were better than others that did not need any significant patches, and some were found wanting in certain respects, but overall (to me), they were very good, bordering on excellent. The ORBX developers are exceptional in that regard. Thinking back I remember how stunned I was with Darrington, and still am for that matter.Which reminds me, I have had a new problem crop up in Darrington that I have not seen mentioned by any other customers, which I will post in a new thread.Kind regards,

On the other hand almost all of the ORBX scenery products are extremely well done right out of the gate. Sometimes larger issues like library sceneries have to be updated before or after a new release, and remember, only a limited number of people can beta test before. Don't you think they do a really good job in that regard? Most of the issues crop up only after a whole lot of usage by customers.Come to think of it, I was satisfied with the release integrity of all 37 of my ORBX purchases. Some were better than others that did not need any significant patches, and some were found wanting in certain respects, but overall (to me), they were very good, bordering on excellent. The ORBX developers are exceptional in that regard. Thinking back I remember how stunned I was with Darrington, and still am for that matter.
I have to agree. Up to NZSI I never really had a problem as far as I remember. I didn't fly NZSI because a lot was missing (runways) but it was fixed pretty quickly. (I still don't fly there btw because PNW is so much more fun imho.) If I remember well Orbx themselves already said that the last series of addons in november/december was a bit too much and that they wouldn't do it again because some things were rushed. But compared to other devs Orbx addons usually don't need many fixes: a lot of the updates simply add new stuff!

ORBX developers are top class,

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On the other hand almost all of the ORBX scenery products are extremely well done right out of the gate. Sometimes larger issues like library sceneries have to be updated before or after a new release, and remember, only a limited number of people can beta test before. Don't you think they do a really good job in that regard? Most of the issues crop up only after a whole lot of usage by customers.Come to think of it, I was satisfied with the release integrity of all 37 of my ORBX purchases. Some were better than others that did not need any significant patches, and some were found wanting in certain respects, but overall (to me), they were very good, bordering on excellent. The ORBX developers are exceptional in that regard. Thinking back I remember how stunned I was with Darrington, and still am for that matter.Which reminds me, I have had a new problem crop up in Darrington that I have not seen mentioned by any other customers, which I will post in a new thread.Kind regards,
Oh absolutely! In fact I am always surprised when a patch is announced as every one seems to be born perfect and I don't have any serious complaints which probably aren't related to the age of my PC. Very few people have any complaints about the quality of the scenery itself that's for sure and like I said Orbx Pacific South West will knock my socks off when and if it comes. But they do need to take their time and make sure they are properly finished when they are released. The Christmas rush was a bit unfortunate though and you could almost see the dollar signs in the eyes. I don't think I bought any of that slew of releases.
ORBX developers are top class,
The developers are indeed top class. Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Hi,People, you are taking my words and mis-interpreting them (again). :sad:Lockheed Martin will be maintaining compatibility for as long as we can. There are no plans to break compatibility, so don't know where this is coming from. There is a statement above that indicates that I am hinting that we will move into commercial development. I absolutely have no clue what this means. The product is already available for commercial use and there are no "hints". We continue to do what we are doing and there are no post-apocalyptic plans to deviate from the course we have set. A post appeared on our site indicating that the user was or intends to use the product as a one for one replacement of FSX and it looked like it was being used as a game. This is an inappropriate use of Prepar3D. Also, Prepar3D is a simulation framework that can be used to build simulators and synthetic environments. The environment will not have game-like functionality. That is part of the product description and has been on our website since day one. The clarification I was talking about, which again seems to be highlighting that I am speaking with two tongues, is the fact that I hope to continue educating the user base that Prepar3D is not a game. My native language is New Zealand English. I realize that there are a lot of non-native New Zealand English speakers in the forums (what is that all about?) so I realize that it is easy to mis-interpret the meaning of words that are used, so if I can suggest that if there are any areas of confusion, that you seek clarification from the originator of the message, rather than delve into endless speculation.... To all, please don't read something into what I say that isn't there and then post snippets out of context in other forums. It is extremely unhelpful and is getting me into hot water each time it happens when I have to go to my bosses and say that such nonsense was not actually what I said! :Talking Ear Off:Thanks for your understanding. :Monkey:Regards,John
Dear John,I know that we have no interest in confusing what anyone has stated purposely. I have the greatest hopes and admiration for P3D and if we can do anything to straighten faulty reasoning please let us know. Thank you for caring enough to address these concerns. That says a lot about how good LM is and how close to the ground you have your ears. Thank you.Kind regards,

P3D with DX 11 and ITracker etc will be the time I think of joining up.-----------BTW: I chose the word "developers" very carefully.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You simple cannot, no matter how nice you word it question anything these days over there. Even if your a very good customer, you become and I quote." If we lost every single one of those whiners as a customer it would make our lives and jobs easier "
Unfortunately, they are not alone with that kind of attitude. I know at least one other company, offering a top of the line military addon, that raises the bar to unbelievable height for other developers that works like this. Yeah, their developers are top notch, they broke barriers and developed systems that everyone always thought impossible to implement in FSX, good for them, but most importantly, for their customers.But come a point where they have a pretty important customer base, they start thinking they are "special". They also start thinking they own you, or that you should bow to them and not disagree on anything they do, or challenge any of their decisions.That's when things starts to get ugly.You are witnessing businesses that obviously have zero experience in customer communications and support. They feel important and if they don't like you, doesn't matter how many brown bills you spent on their product, they get rid of you.When a company takes pre-paid orders on a product and are almost 1 year late with the release, it shouldn't have the balls to ban their customers who requests updates or complaints about it, but they still do it. One last thing regarding mister Nicol's post above... No disrespect, but if you don't want your "simulation platform" to be used as a "game" as you call it, maybe it's time to stop advertising on so many "game" based forums. It's pretty obvious that more than the majority of your "developer licenses" are used for entertainment purposes.I'm way off the original topic so I'll stop here, just wanted to comment about this kind of attitude some people and their business have towards their customers. Edited by iam

Stephen, I did not know you were baned from Orbx forums.....after so many of my post were deleted from their forums I took on myself not to post there again.I have a lot of their scenery and they are good BUT as a lot of you already said it if you don't sing along with them on their forum you'r out...so I left.....I also stop buying from them.I don't know about others but I can assure you that I'm not the type of man who will go to a forum, (Edited by Mod to remove inappropriate commentary) just because I'm told to..... :Shame On You:A lot of good customers left their forum....Please guys, this really is supposted to be a family friendly website.

A lot of good customers left their forum....
I wasn't banned but I was once treated poorly over a matter that required no grief. Not very happy with the way that they deal with customers.

To all, please don't read something into what I say that isn't there and then post snippets out of context in other forums. It is extremely unhelpful and is getting me into hot water each time it happens when I have to go to my bosses and say that such nonsense was not actually what I said! Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif
John, thanks for clarifying this. I have noticed that people are very speculative around the Flight & P3D forums here at AVSIM, to the point I'd suggest it is borderline Conspiracy Theory Syndrome for some...! :Bug:We absolutely should not be saying anything that gets real people in real trouble. We're just a hobby and while we're very passionate, I personally am very sorry anybody would be in hot water at work for anything stated by anyone here, regardless of who it was that said it. Edited by tutmeister

John, thanks for clarifying this. I have noticed that people are very speculative around the Flight & P3D forums here at AVSIM, to the point I'd suggest it is borderline Conspiracy Theory Syndrome for some...! :Bug:We absolutely should not be saying anything that gets real people in real trouble. We're just a hobby and while we're very passionate, I personally am very sorry anybody would be in hot water at work for anything stated by anyone here, regardless of who it was that said it.
+1

We absolutely should not be saying anything that gets real people in real trouble.
Hm, well, although I don't like at ALL how the blame is put on others and not taken by the one who should take it, I also don't want people to get in real trouble. So I will leave it at this. But if I feel the need to warn people, I simply do. :(