Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Uninstalling P3D?

Hello,just a simple question:I used the one month free P3D option and want to uninstall it now.I've read from time to time, that FSX gets also destroyed when P3D will be uninstalled.Is this true, if yes, how to prevent this?Anybody any proofed experiences with unsinstalling P3D?I use FSX and P3D each on a separate HDD (both not system OS HDDs)many thanks!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uninstalled once. Quite destroyed my fsx. But i had many shortcuts changed, so partially selfcaused. Ngx wasn't working until I completely reinstalled, if ported.

Opposite for me, Uninstalled with no issues. Both were on the same hdd.

ok, we have 50:50 now....Another opinion? :(

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Hi guenseli,I uninstalled P3D a couple of weeks back. I initially thought my FSX had problems so I did a system restore. Turns out it was just me forgetting that i'd renamed a few files to get p3d to work with ezca and the ngx.So that's an 'I think its fine to unistall' - the score is now 55:45, so perhaps creating a restore point in w7 pre-install is a wise thing to do.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Ive un-installed it a few times over the last few months, but its never done anything to harm my FSX install.Rob

I guess it all comes down to the integration with FSX and sharing of registered addons, which depend on paths.

I've never uninstalled it but I can see how it could potentially harm the addons that you have installed on both sims. I don't think I'll be uninstalling it anytime soon.... :(

I guess it all comes down to the integration with FSX and sharing of registered addons, which depend on paths.
Very true Word Not Allowed, and a good point. I now have the dual license Orbx PNW installed and it puts stuff in both FSX and PD3. Both versions work great, but I would imagine if I were to uninstall one or the other, I might have a problem with the remainder. Its not an issue for me Right now since my FSX is like mikes, Just a skelton of empty directories that I use to port addons over to prepar3d, so Its not really a working copy of FSX, just an empty shell except for some Orbx stuff that is required to remain in that directory to work for the dual license thing to work.Rob

I un-installed P3D with zero issues.But, I also had zero integration between anything in P3D and FSX, so the two really were independent platforms.