Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

a couple of questions for a couple of aircraft...

Hi,First off, the A2A cub. I've never bought an A2A aircraft, and I'm going to get the cub with accu-sim this weekend. I know cubs are bare minimum, so that's good, but how're frames? Lastly the Airbus X. It doesn't have VNAV, or managed climb AND descent, right?

Hi,First off, the A2A cub. I've never bought an A2A aircraft, and I'm going to get the cub with accu-sim this weekend. I know cubs are bare minimum, so that's good, but how're frames? Lastly the Airbus X. It doesn't have VNAV, or managed climb AND descent, right?
The Cub is an awsome addon. Everything is perfect really and if you enjoy flyng slow, doing short field landings and some floatplane fun, then this will be right up your alley.For me, I don't fly it too much anymore as it's just soo Slow. So I fly their Warbirds :)Not sure about the Bus as I am waiting for FSlabs 320 series for my Bus purchase.JB

Oh man are you in for a treat!The beauty of the Cub is that you don't really need to go anywhere to enjoy flight at it's purist level.Full power, take off, climb to a couple of hundred feet and then full right rudder, easing back on the throttle to make her just hover and slowly turn 360 degrees at the same time. Full throttle and point the nose downwards to pick up some speed again and then repeat, endlessly. Sometimes I will fire up FSX just to do that for an hour without really leaving the airspace above the runway at all. It's one of the best feelings in all of flightsim :lol:Oh and look up Urs Burkhardt's paints in the library here - the most outstanding paintjobs I've ever seen!As for frame rates, you will hardly notice a thing. Don't make any other plans this weekend!sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=245177

Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Just to confirm what the others have said - it's superb and no probs with frame rates. Yep it's really slow, but I find it the perfect antidote when I want to take a break from my more complex add ons such as my PMDG fleet. Perfect for some real stick and rudder 'back to basics' enjoyment, and a joy to use with the ORBX sceneries.

I'm looking forward to this ;) mainly because PNW won't load efficiently if I'm going upwards of mega_shok.gif knots, so the cub sounds perfect.

If You are a patient one, go try how high it can get. You will be suprised! Vx is 55 Mph as far as I remember.The documentation is also worth reading, there are many tricks how to fly the cub by feel.

Love the A2A Cub! Great for exploring new scenery. The tundra tires are great for landing almost anywhere. Love going to the different cabins in Tongass Fjords scenery and land on their front porch.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Hi guys,Buying soon, but I have a question, along with the standing Airbus X question. How do you spin a cub?, I've NEVER spun anything in FSX, mainly because nothing can spin.Thanks,

I've NEVER spun anything in FSX, mainly because nothing can spin.
The RealAir Decathlon does a very passable spin, especially to the left. Stall the airplane in level flight with the stick full back, just as the stall buffett begins put in full left rudder. Hold the controls this way until you're ready to stop the spin.

Be sure to read the Cub manual. Lots of things you need to know in order to get the most of it's stunning "high speed" performance! lol I got mine up to 75 mph once. giggle. And you can spin it!! It's worth any two high tech sims bar none.

One last one: Has the installer come with the update and hotfix, or do I need to go get those right now? having a little sound issue