Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

Why do I have to log in?

As the title said why do I have to log in to read threads on the unofficial Orbx forum, I don't have to log in to read other forum's thread on Avsim...why here?

As the title said why do I have to log in to read threads on the unofficial Orbx forum, I don't have to log in to read other forum's thread on Avsim...why here?
I have no idea Alain. It is either a mistake, coincidental or a decision made by AVSIM for their own reasons when they started this forum. I take it that this way there is a higher level of security as it is made known with names and IP numbers just who is gathering information from here. That is probably a good idea as there is less chance of someone with an illegal copy of ORBX software being able to get any support information. Not foolproof, but might help a wee bit, don't know.Kind regards,

I've never been asked for a login for this forum. I did get an insufficient permissions prompt on Tapatalk, but that was fixed after I changed my forum settings to "read all" via the Custom menu.Sounds like a software glitch.

I've never been asked for a login for this forum. I did get an insufficient permissions prompt on Tapatalk, but that was fixed after I changed my forum settings to "read all" via the Custom menu.Sounds like a software glitch.
So Alan, Are you able to sign out of AVSIM and afterward enter this forum and open and read threads without signing into AVSIM again? I can't.Kind regards,

It was a missed switch. It will be changed.
Thanks Tom!Well that sure settles that Alain! Any more questions? You get faster answers than anyone else I know. :LMAO:Kind regards,

So Alan, Are you able to sign out of AVSIM and afterward enter this forum and open and read threads without signing into AVSIM again? I can't.Kind regards,
Haven't tried that - I typically stay signed in unless a reboot kicks me out. Would be glad to try but it sounds like it's a moot point now.