Sign in to follow this  
Bushido5

Is New Zealand South good ?

Hello.I have bought PNW and Pacific Fjord from ORBX and like them both very much.I haven't found any test of the New Zealand south so far, so would like to know if you'll recommended it ?How would you compare it to PNW and PFJ ?Is it a good place for bush flying or at least GA plane (i.e. not too fast and quiet low) ?Thanks in advance,Bushido

Well, it's good in its own, everybody seems to love it, but I personally don't like the kind of scenery as much as PNW. I also own PFJ and NRM and I never ever fly there, just as I never fly in NZ. I regret those purchases, really. But again, the quality of the scenery is good and perfect and great, so don't get me wrong on that! :( I just think that compared to PNW the other regions are boring: very large areas with nothing but sand-like textures in NRM and NZSI and that kind of repetitive stuff: PNW has something happening on every inch. :(

Well, unlike Jeroen, I fly a lot in NZSI, NRM and CRM. I love them all :smile:But most of my flying is done in PNW, for the simple reason that all the NA airfields released by Orbx are concentrated in PNW.

Yes, and good frames due to Orbx Tech doing some great stuff with the trees. they have developed a new way of rendering trees less impact on frames.

I decided to pass on it for personal reasons.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I like PNW, NRM, CRM . I have PFJ and NZS and even though they are nice there isnt much going on there and there arent that many airports to go too. IMOJosh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I think the NZ scenery is good. However, I have all the others, PNW, NRM, CRM, PFJ and spend most of my time in those areas. I noticed that the whole concept of the "central" is starting to bug me. Switching to fly one zone or the other. I tend to leave mine set to the Pacific North West and then can't be bothered to switch to Oceania. Plus I have loads of other addons both freeware and payware to compliment my pacific region such as the SimAddons Castlegar, Prince George, Kelowna...all making my experience much more robust.I have made a vast number of airport upgrades in the Pacific Northwest region using Instant Scenery and Orbx library objects (which I was wrist slapped for saying so over at Orbx). I do not share these as per their license. So some of the airports not most popular are nicer to fly in and out of in my system. I suspect that I might buy a NZ north island if and when they put it out but after that I will limit my purchases to NA and will likely stay away from any more of their payware airports.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

PNW feels like it had a long development time whereas the others don't. It's almost like they were taken by surprise by the success of PNW and the others were given the hurry up. I was very excited when PFJ came out but have hardly been there. Tongass and Misty just seemed more of an attraction when they were released but PFJ has no atmosphere at all. Maybe we've just been spoilt. I'm a bit more optimistic about NorCal as I don't think simmers will be so forgiving from now on and Orbx know that so will probably, hopefully take their time with it.I'd be very impressed if they patched all the previous North American releases with the new way of doing trees but I doubt they will - hopefully they will do so for the mountains of California though at least.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I think the NZ scenery is good. However, I have all the others, PNW, NRM, CRM, PFJ and spend most of my time in those areas. I noticed that the whole concept of the "central" is starting to bug me. Switching to fly one zone or the other. I tend to leave mine set to the Pacific North West and then can't be bothered to switch to Oceania. Plus I have loads of other addons both freeware and payware to compliment my pacific region such as the SimAddons Castlegar, Prince George, Kelowna...all making my experience much more robust.I have made a vast number of airport upgrades in the Pacific Northwest region using Instant Scenery and Orbx library objects (which I was wrist slapped for saying so over at Orbx). I do not share these as per their license. So some of the airports not most popular are nicer to fly in and out of in my system.I suspect that I might buy a NZ north island if and when they put it out but after that I will limit my purchases to NA and will likely stay away from any more of their payware airports.
Can you share them to be use with UTX..... :( or FSX vanilla? Edited by alainneedle1

I haven't found any test of the New Zealand south so far, so would like to know if you'll recommended it ?
Hey Bushido, ORBX NZSI does look great, but (as a New Zealander) I prefer the look of the VLC project which covers the North AND South islands. Take a look at it as an option before you purchase:http://www.vectorlandclass.co.nz/

Dean Stringer

Hey Bushido, ORBX NZSI does look great, but (as a New Zealander) I prefer the look of the VLC project which covers the North AND South islands. Take a look at it as an option before you purchase:http://www.vectorlandclass.co.nz/
I had all but forgot about VLC, this looks really good, thanks for mentioning it, now to decide to I buy another product ....and compare to Orbx NZ. I wonder if I could blend the two, ie load up their airports packages and then see if some of the Orbx airports would fit in....humm interesting challenge.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I use VLC and NZSI. VLC for the NI, and Orbx for the south. VLC needs to be below NZSI in the scenery library, below addon scenery for best results

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The ORBX version of Milford Sound may just be the most dramatic place in all of the Flight Sim world!Kind regards,

It's a fantastic title NZSI and I confess to being a bit skeptical before purchasing it.Regards Dave