Sign in to follow this  
Bushido5

Is New Zealand South good ?

Okay, I had been waiting a bit to add my input to this thread.But here it goes. I have been flight simming since September 1990, when i installed the most recent MS flight sim version on my "state of the art", "you will never see the end of this" 386sx system.Since then, i have tried them all and seen them all. Like the day a guy on the forums was trowing around the idea of "korby gen". And the veterans around here know what that evolved into. Ok, enough of nostalgia. I will simply state that flying on the west side of NZ SI is by far the most amazing virtual flying experience i have ever experienced. I am actually not even sure how i can describe it. For me, it ranks right there with that benchmark day when FSAddon came out with Misty Fjords fr FS9, and some of those magical moments when i was a beta tester for Tongass Fjords in FS9.ORBX pushed the barrier with NZ, and i now only hope some of the magic with the autogen and the trees they now created will be recreated elsewhere. Actually, it is (for me at least) forcing me to rethink some FSX theories I always had. Especially in terms of impact of scenery of FPS and overall smoothnees of the experience. I am on the Ipad at the moment, and can't figure the darn cut and paste, but go in the screenshot forum and check out a recent thread of mine called "63 minutes of FSX magic" (or something like that). I guess it beats every single word I just wrote here.Okay, enough said. I need to get back in the cockpit.

Edited by HercFan

Is NZSI good? It's BLOODY FANTASTIC. Hahas. The new tree tech, PeopleFlow at every airport and airfield, its quite amazing, and a total delight to fly through. And the Fiordland down in the south is beautiful scenery. Compared to PNW, its another step up. Maybe not as many mountains, but still quite a few. Great for bush flying for sure!

Bought nzsi during the xmas sale, but haven't installed it yet. Guess i should. I do like the screenies from around milford.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I would highly recommend it - just for the approach to Milford Sound alone.

Is NZSI good? It's BLOODY FANTASTIC. Hahas. The new tree tech, PeopleFlow at every airport and airfield, its quite amazing, and a total delight to fly through. And the Fiordland down in the south is beautiful scenery. Compared to PNW, its another step up. Maybe not as many mountains, but still quite a few. Great for bush flying for sure!
Its good compared to default and on par with the quality we have come to expect from Orbx, all the goodies, however, I suspect one's reaction to the scenery might be impacted by what part of the planet you come from, or live in. Milford sound is great area for sure, but I am a PNW guy, and Holger has captured the PNW, PFJ areas in a way that replicates the real world like non other, so my vote goes to those area as being the best products.Hey, maybe we should do a poll vote on people's favourite....see which one comes out ahead.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Its good compared to default and on par with the quality we have come to expect from Orbx, all the goodies, however, I suspect one's reaction to the scenery might be impacted by what part of the planet you come from, or live in. Milford sound is great area for sure, but I am a PNW guy, and Holger has captured the PNW, PFJ areas in a way that replicates the real world like non other, so my vote goes to those area as being the best products.Hey, maybe we should do a poll vote on people's favourite....see which one comes out ahead.
Yes, that may be true. Seeing that you are in BC, and PNW includes that. If there was a poll, it would be quite hard to decide weather to choose PNW or NZSI, seeing PNW is quite for the bush pilot that I am, but yet NZSI is so scenic and new technology. NZSI has the new tree tech, and PeopleFlow at every airport, quite nice!I'll stick my hand up for the poll as well!

Where can you fly a 737 in nzsi? Christchurch, queenstown and...?

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Where can you fly a 737 in nzsi? Christchurch, queenstown and...?
Dunedin :(

Half a country and you can only come up with three airports for me to land my ngx in? :)

Oz

Same here! I bought it on sale during the holidays and just got around to installing it last night. First short exploratory flights out of Nelson and Invercargill have been amazingly satifying. Lots more to explore and I'm looking forward to operating the new Republic SeaBee there.John

It's just fantastic. I haven't flown anywhere else since December. The perfect mix of all sorts of landscapes (except deserts of course) and with their new tree tech, it runs better than their previous sceneries. Here's a link to a few screenshots I made on my first flights.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

One big thing I noticed with the NZSI scenery is the amazing amount of autogen trees you can have on with minimal framerate hit compared to other regions.PNW is my favorite region, but I have enjoyed quite a few flights in NZSI especially since they did like PNW and enhanced all the airports with ORBX lib objects and I've seen other little touches throughout the scenery like birds flying and detailed water in the river deltas.

--John near KPAE

Yes, you get more trees with a lesser impact on fps. That's nice indeed. But there is too much boring scenery (not Orbx fault, of course! :( ) and it all seems so repetitive... Besides that: the airports are also further apart: I like short to very short flights and there are less of them possible in NZSI then there are in PNW. And there isn't much to do with the 737NGX in NZSI. But as I said before, all this doesn't mean the scenery is bad: it's just not my kind of scenery.

Edited by J van E

Half a country and you can only come up with three airports for me to land my ngx in? :)
No mate, there are others you can land at ..... it's just taking off from them that's the issue! :(

No mate, there are others you can land at ..... it's just taking off from them that's the issue! :(
:( :( B)

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4