Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Just for laughs ;o)

I think the best one I've read was about a rural airfield and a deer. I'm paraphrasing from memory, but it goes something like this. A pilot in a small plane, probably a C172 or similar, was given takeoff clearance, when he reported a deer on the runway. The tower controller said "Copy that. Deer on Runway XX, you're cleared for immediate departure." As if the deer heard it himself, he bolted off into the trees. The Tower said to the pilot, "Cessna XXX, you're cleared for takeoff. Caution wake turbulence, departing deer." :D

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Reminds me of the advertisement for the Airfrance concord displayed on the London underground which read "Breakfast in Paris...Lunch in New York" and some comedian had scrawled with a marker pen "Baggage in Bangkok".

Edited by toriu

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

IIRC, it was Qantas who came up with those responses, and here are a few more to add to your list(P) - Unfamiliar noise heard from engine #2.(E) - Engine run for 3 hours, noise now familiar(P) - Whining sound heard on engine shut down.(E) - Pilot removed from aircraft.

(P) - #2 ADF needle runs wild.

(E) - Caught and tamed #2 ADF needle.(P) - Ghostly creaking from airstairs(E) - Airstairs lubricated and exorcised.My personal favorite is the one with the 300fpm descent, and not being able to reproduce it on the ground... :(Capt. Rónán O Cadhain.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

IIRC, it was Qantas who came up with those responses, and here are a few more to add to your list
The company name has changed over and over in the past 15 years I've seen these floating around. I've heard FedEx and UPS so far. I've always wondered the true story behind the jokes.Thanks for the new ones. Big%20Grin.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Guest jahman
(P) - Whining sound heard on engine shut down.(E) - Pilot removed from aircraft.
Priceless!Cheers,- jahman.

This was great... I am actually crying right now from laughing so hard... This is EPIC!

I'm just wondering why UPS aircraft are fitted with a target radar - in an alternate version it's weather radar hums ("Stormy Weather" or "Mr Blue Sky", maybe, depending on the latest met?). Yep, these have been doing the rounds for a while aand allegedly from various sources, but still as funny as ever. There's also one that sort of combines Noel's last one with one of Rónán's:P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.S: Took hammer away from the midget(after subsequent flight)P: Knocking noise now resolved, but whining sound now audible from behind panel.S: Given hammer back to the midget.

The company name has changed over and over in the past 15 years I've seen these floating around. I've heard FedEx and UPS so far. I've always wondered the true story behind the jokes.
I've often wondered about their origins too. The first time I've seen these (and there were more on the list) was back in 1976. I was in the USCG at the time. Can anyone witness an earlier date?

I've often wondered about their origins too. The first time I've seen these (and there were more on the list) was back in 1976. I was in the USCG at the time. Can anyone witness an earlier date?
Sounds like it could maybe have been a Reader's Digest thing initially, but grew with the telling..