Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Finally Done Installing

Well after getting all my FSX Add-ons to work with Prepar3d, I took a quick test flight around my hometown (NYC). I have Aerosoft Manhattanx , Megascenery earth NY tiles, FSDT JFK, Imaginsim LGA and a Few freeware local airports sprinkled in for good measure. Normally this scenario brings my computer to its knees because of all the densely packed scenery with 3 major airports in close proximity to each other, all with lots of Ai aircraft. My computer holds up well, but in FSX I’ve never managed to get more than 18-19 FPS at LGA with settings up pretty high. In addition, when flying back to NYC from another area, I end up with somewhat blurry scenery, especially in a fast jet. The megasceney starts to look like oatmeal (for lack of a better term). I pause the flight once in a while to let the computer catch up, only to see it get blurry again.Now, I have all the same add-ons in P3d with settings about the same as I would in FSX. I flew from JFK to Chicago and back in the PMDG NGX. Frame rate was slightly better about 2-3 FPS more than FSX (no big deal there), But it was very smooth and fluid. In addition at no time did the scenery get blurry. Not even after flying back from Chicago. Everything stayed crystal clear! I’m very impressed. The only bummer is the crash to desktop on exit (which is being addressed) and I’d love to see a simple menu at start-up instead of jumping into the default flight. The only add-ons I had that were a not compatible at all is UT2 and Shade. To solve the lack of ai traffic, I just bought My traffic for Prepar3d ( which I happen to like better now that I’m using it). As for Shade, I kind of miss it. I hope the author can manage to get it to work in P3d at some point, but it’s not a big deal.To celebrate finally being done, Im going to purchase Aerosoft Detroit! Then defragment the crap out of this and i'm off to start practicing VOR tracking now that I’m trying to get my PPL current again. It’s been a long time and I need the practice. That’s the whole point of this sim anyways for me.RobP.S. Special thanks to Mike for your advice in setting up things up!

Edited by Comanche

Glad to see you got everything working! :(

Thanks,One quick shot of Detroit! Nice Scenery. Ive never ben there, so I have no idea how accurate it is.Rob1-3.jpg

Hi,That's a nice shot.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Thanks,One quick shot of Detroit! Nice Scenery. Ive never ben there, so I have no idea how accurate it is.Rob1-3.jpg
Sweet shot! is it me, or does P3D have sharper AA than FSX?