Sign in to follow this  
Allegro

New to FSX - Just a few questions

Hi i just bought FSX Gold today, I have been messing around with different flight simulators for 7 months and decided to buy this as it seems like its the best around, However i have never played anything like this online before and im a bit clueless, So i come here seeking knowledge :)1. Whats a virtual airline? and how do i join one?2. Are there any forums/websites designed specifically for formation flying?3. How would i go about finding a social, active and serious multiplayer group?Thank you in advance for any help.

1. Whats a virtual airline? and how do i join one?2. Are there any forums/websites designed specifically for formation flying?3. How would i go about finding a social, active and serious multiplayer group?
1 A VA is just a group of people with like interests, some are easy going, some make you jump through hoops, all most all are based on a real world airline ops.2 Im not aware of any specifically for formation flying, but if there is Im sure they will jump in here.3 IVAO and Vatsim are the two major groups, check their forums for more info. There is also the FSX Gamespy option for multiplayer, and a group called Digital Theme Park, check the multiplayer forum here in Avsim for more infoWelcome to FSX, its a great place to hang out :-)

Jay

You should really check out the Digital Theme Park (ts3.digitalthemepark.com). Here is the calendar:-https://www.google.c....com&ctz=Etc/PTYou will see that at 2100Z tonight there will be an IFR flight, probably somewhere in the PNW, but it will likely be into 100% overcast from 500', navigating soley by VOR, NDB and ILS, with no GPS allowed. This is fun. Elsewhere in the calendar you'll see a weeky Mystery Flight (Tuesdays), with a number of other sight-seeing tours around the various (mostly OrbX) sceneries around the PNW and Australia/New Zealand on other days. Saturday morning - aerobatics. There is also a PPL ground school - which also covers basic instrument flying. An additional feature, for the A2A flyers, and those with a 'miliitary bent' - the site also hosts the 91st. Bombardment Group - an organization which is as close to the WWII group as is possible - base, structure, music, ranks, aircraft - they even have their own livery painter. These guys fly the missions as were flown during the war, full formations along with fighter cover. They also teach many related disciplines - including formation flying.If you want to see or be part of thirty or more P47's at Angels 20, or if you're just interested in flying up a section of the Columbia River with a couple of other guys - get yourself a headset with a mic, download TeamSpeak3 and just connect. You'll be welcomed within a moment or so, given a tour, then pulled into a moderately busy base channel, such as the Casual Flights or the Pilots Lounge.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.