Hi, any one know how to get the FXAA from nVidia working with FSX?Thanks,
If you are referring to this tool http://www.assembla.com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inject/documents?c=documents.updated_at&d=desc, then you need to disable AA in FSX and it will work. You can also enable AA in the driver as well, which I think is needed since the full screen AA is pretty awful.Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Well I have it disabled in FSX and nVidia Inspector but it still doesn't seem like it is as sharp. I need to know somebody's inspector settings for this. I have AA enabled in the little application for it and FXAA turned on in Inspector.

Well I have it disabled in FSX and nVidia Inspector but it still doesn't seem like it is as sharp. I need to know somebody's inspector settings for this. I have AA enabled in the little application for it and FXAA turned on in Inspector.
I have the AA enabled in Inspector (with AA over-ride flag set) as well as using FXAA and that works well. I was using 8xS but dropped it down to 4xS with FXAA as 8xS seemed like overkill. AA is off in FSX.I'm using FXAA really for the blurring effects of the AA which add Depth of Field type visuals and HDR and Bloom.For FXAA I use:AA: Everything to the right (max) except Blur Amount set to notch 3.SHARPEN: OFFHDR: Power set to notch 4, Radius set to minimum.BLOOM: Toggle Preset OFF, Threshold set to 3, width set to 2, power set to 7TONEMAP: Gamma 1, Exposure 4, Saturation 4, Bleach 1, Fog 1TECHNICOLOR: OFFSEPIA: OFF.You will need to tweak things as these settings are for my monitors which are calibrated. You do need AA set in inspector for good results, so don't forget to do it.Best wishesSteve Edited by Steveo38

Stephen Munn

Thanks, I will see if I can get this working.Oh and do you have any filtering set?
Current just FSX's set to anisotropic, but 16x ansi set in inspector with trilinear set in FSX works just as well.

Stephen Munn

Just wanted to bump this thread and ask a quick question... I noticed that FXAA has options like blur, HDR, bloom and so on. Is this a potential replacement for ENB? I am getting fed up with the constant CTDs, and this seems like a decent alternative. How is the performance of FSX with this running? Any noticeable difference? Steve, can you post some screenshots of it in action? Thanks!

Just wanted to bump this thread and ask a quick question... I noticed that FXAA has options like blur, HDR, bloom and so on. Is this a potential replacement for ENB? I am getting fed up with the constant CTDs, and this seems like a decent alternative. How is the performance of FSX with this running? Any noticeable difference? Steve, can you post some screenshots of it in action? Thanks!
It is a potential replacement as it does offer a different look and feel than ENB which you may or may not like. All the options in FXAA work with FSX. The AA tab does have a performance impact if you have it set to "quality", however the performance mode has no impact on my 560Ti.I would just try it and see, it's very simple to install and uninstall, but just make sure you have AA off in FSX as this stops the FXAA working. FXAA's AA without any AA being set in the Nvidia driver is not very good, so make sure you set something up in Nvidia Inspector. Edited by Steveo38

Stephen Munn

Just downloaded and I'll give it a shot tonight. Thanks!
I would start with 4xS in nvidia inspector with AA mode set to override application setting and the following in FXAA:AA: Everything to the left (min).SHARPEN: OFFHDR: Power set to notch 4, Radius set to 2.BLOOM: Toggle Preset OFF, Threshold set to 2, width set to 5, power set to 5TONEMAP: OFFTECHNICOLOR: OFFSEPIA: OFF.Then tweak to your preferences. I would avoid Sharpen as it makes things grainy. ToneMap and Technicolour takes a lot of fiddleing to get right for your screen and are probably not worth it. Sepia is useful if you want an old movie effect for YouTube uploads.Best wishesSteveEDIT: You can update the FXAA settings with FSX running. If you switch from fullscreen to windowed, make the changes and then go full screen again, the FXAA settings will be reflected in FSX. Edited by Steveo38

Stephen Munn

I'm not sure how this one hasn't caught on like ENB did. I've got ENB like bloom with no FPS impact and no .dll crashes.

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Just tried this, wow. Not only do I like the effect better than ENB, but the interface is so much more simple. This one is really a must have!

Can someone just please post:- where exactly to download - is there a version for FSX? I see there are modified ones...- how do you set it up for HDR effect only?Thanks

Can someone just please post:- where exactly to download - is there a version for FSX? I see there are modified ones...- how do you set it up for HDR effect only?Thanks
The link to download is above in post number 2. The latest version is FXAAToolHg4.zipEach function has a tick box so you can turn everything off except HDR.Best wishesSteve Edited by Steveo38

Stephen Munn

Tested. Don't like it. Like ENB, it makes everything blurry and kinda soft looking. Not something what I'm after...