Sign in to follow this  
Janov

IXEG 737-300

Hello everyone,I am not sure how many users frequent the "other" forums for X-Plane, so I just wanted to invite everyone to take a look at the add-on we are developing for X-Plane 9 AND X-Plane 10.All pertinent information is to be found on:www.ixeg.netand some videos can be seen on our youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/IXEG1?feature=watchWe seek an active communication with the community and look forward to your comments and suggestions - this plane is still under development and not yet feature complete.We also hope that our aircraft can finally prove that complex airliner-type aircraft are indeed possible in X-Plane.Jan, Technical advisor IXEG

I've been impressed with what I've read in the blog, but I've just had a look at the engine start video. I'm very impressed, all the little details with starting engines without the APU like needing a bit more thrust on engine 2 in order get N2 on engine 1 going. Now that's what I call attention to detail!

Looks great, so I might buy the Linux version of X-Plane 10 at ebay for that beauty.

Be careful here. As far as I know all versions, Windows, Mac and Linux are supported from the one package, so if someone is offering a Linux version it sort of triggers a couple of alarms.Regards

Yes sure. I wanted to point out that I only would buy a Linux version of this plane.

• Upvote 1

AFAIK, this project is unlikely to work under Linux, at least initially. It uses the Gizmo plugin, and Ben made clear that a Linux version of his plugin is very, very low priority.Given that several aircraft in the future will be based on Gizmo, I feel not only sad but very worried about the overall compatibility of the X-plane platform. Developers coming from the FS world will be tempted to develop Windows only X-plane software, even more if native X-plane developers are not themselves promoting the 3 operating systems support.

I've heard of it but got no idea what Gizmo is. I certainly won't be touching anything that needs this plugin. It sort of breaks the efforts made to bring xplane to Mac, Windows and Linux. Same goes for any other windows only plugin.Regards

I've heard of it but got no idea what Gizmo is. I certainly won't be touching anything that needs this plugin
HrmDoubleRegards

Tom, I know that you have chosen the Gizmo path. And that's breaking my heart, because your MU 2 is by far my favourite aircraft !In fact, I didn't even have the courage to ask you if the soon to be released update will be Gizmo based.Im too afraid it will. :(

Pascal, It will use Gizmo for DRM but not the systems programming. What are your specific concerns with Gizmo? Certainly the more feedback I get, the more I can lobby for changes so that all parties are satisfied. I know Gizmo causes some issues for users, but we certainly discuss such issues in house and want to alleviate any issues we can. I'm aware of the sound clash with SASL, the usage of DRM and the lack of Linux support as the primary things customers take issue with. Is your concern one of these?-TomDidn't realize I posted in the IXEG thread...sorry guys. Feel free to answer on the Moo forum at xpilot if you like..or PM.

Wooow! I ahd no idea about this! I'm impressed, looks really good. Interesting, how all the time I'm discovering new and interesting developments for X-Plane. The urge to buy it becomes ever stronger.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Pascal, It will use Gizmo for DRM but not the systems programming. What are your specific concerns with Gizmo? Certainly the more feedback I get, the more I can lobby for changes so that all parties are satisfied. I know Gizmo causes some issues for users, but we certainly discuss such issues in house and want to alleviate any issues we can. I'm aware of the sound clash with SASL, the usage of DRM and the lack of Linux support as the primary things customers take issue with. Is your concern one of these?-TomDidn't realize I posted in the IXEG thread...sorry guys. Feel free to answer on the Moo forum at xpilot if you like..or PM.
Sorry Tom, didn't notice your answer. I replied at Xpilot forum as you suggested. In short, I'm using X-plane under Linux.Pascal

Tom, apparently Gizmo also pops up a snag screen. So, no way I'd reboot OSX86 nor Wirows only to bother about such...

Tom, apparently Gizmo also pops up a snag screen. So, no way I'd reboot OSX86 nor Wirows only to bother about such...
You are obviously misinformed, especially when it comes to XA products which do not nor never have had such a nagware screen (talking about the MU-2 here).As Gizmo is kept closed in it's development now there is no such nag screen. Even when there was, a FREE code was eventually released for all to utilize and rid of such a screen.

Founder of X-Aviation