Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

question on piracy

Just came across a ytube site that explains on how to get the pmdg 747 and the ngx for free i would have thought pmdg would have come across this site by now or maybe they have already.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

better inform them via the support ticket site, here in this forum some pirates may also read your notice and then search (and find) it.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Fact is you can never stop pirates. Even if you sentence them to death, smuggling and piracy continue to exist (see some counries in real life). It's difficult and expensive to try to prevent reverse engineering. You can make cracker's lives more difficult, but you cannot stop them. Companies like PMDG will always face profit loss due to piracy. Some crackers these days are people with deep knowledge of how to undo protection mechanisms. The higher a program is ranked on a "most wanted" list, the higher the probability it will be cracked. The NGX is such a program, as is Photoshop or the likes. Sad, but true. So, you will always find cracked versions of such programs on the 'net. And, pirates don't need a hint here at this forum where to find what they desire.

Sadly true. I tried to search some cracks for the ngx, and there were tons (hoping that people check that i have a sig so it means i legally bought it :()

Companies like PMDG will always face profit loss due to piracy.
Before I say anything else, I'd like to state that I purchased the NGX.This statement is one that I dislike, mainly because it's the same methodology that the record companies use when prosecuting people that have downloaded cd's illegally.Firstly, what's to say that somebody who pirated a product (be it PMDG or otherwise) would have actually bought it instead, thus causing the said profit loss?Secondly, have you thought about the amount of people that would sooner pirate the product to test it first before dropping their money on it? (Being that PMDG has to my knowledge never offered a demo, understandably so due to the complexities of doing so)Thirdly, some countries, including Sweden where I live, now have laws giving the purchaser of online goods the right to return them for a full refund within 14 days due mainly to people buying something without first being able to try it and then only being disappointed, finding out it doesn't work, wrong size etc etc etc. How many times have you bought a CD for instance based on that one good track you heard on the radio only to find out the rest of the CD was crap. Did you get a refund from the CD store? Had you then thought you'd wasted your money? Likewise how many people face the problem of seeing the great aircraft that the NGX is on the masses of Youtube videos only to buy it and find it runs like crap on their system, feel they've wasted their money, have no recourse to a refund and never fly the bird again?Summing up my thoughts, Piracy does not equal Profit Loss. If anything Piracy equals lost opportunity for companies to provide solutions that their potential customers are more comfortable with.(And with regard to the PMDG NGX, I'm sure that's why there's people posting they want to buy the Aerosoft Box instead of downloading from PMDG, because of the refund option.)

This thread is going to disappear very shortly......
I didnt understand the purpose, next thing you know someone will say the internet has naked people on it too.

The damages for a software house from piracy are high, and we pay for them with an ioncreased price. Increased by the "loss" of possible users, and the loss of time and resources spent to protect the product against copies.I don't agree with the statement of users downloading it illegally try it and then buy it...I think that only 3 or 4 pirates could do this. When he have it for free, fullty working, why to spend for having it legally?A good practice for some software house is to make the initial versions bugged, so with time passing, the crackers move to another product and forget to update the cracked products.It is so possible to identify users with illegal copies that are unable to update.The best thing a software house can do against piracy is to make a bad program wich is useless or the worst one avaiable. Than, noone will waste time to crack it.I think is possible that one of this products is the wilco's 737 evo... The worst FSX plane I saw for flight simulator x. One of the products that will never see my hard drive disks lol

Regards

Andrea Daviero

The damages for a software house from piracy are high, and we pay for them with an ioncreased price.
Well, repeating a wrong fact over and over again does not make in correct. Where is the proof that people who use illegal copies would have bought them if there would be a perfect copy protection?RegardsJörn

To say that pirates would never have bought the product is flawed logic and obsurd. I don't know why some feel the need to say such things. There are those who want the product and will check if there is a cracked version before actually buying it. So yes, piracy absolutely does cost companies money. Those who steal software are leeches of society. Anyone who claims otherwise is just dillusional or dishonest themselves and looking to rationalize their own behavior. Stealing anything is wrong...period...end of story.

Edited by stweaver321

This statement is one that I dislike, mainly because it's the same methodology that the record companies use when prosecuting people that have downloaded cd's illegally.
Not saying that piracy of anybody's product is right, but i don't see the music celebrities of today getting their Ferraris repossessed from their driveways. Whereas i doubt the likes of RSR or Brian Y even own one.Anyway, rich or poor, piracy is wrong. If one can't afford to pay for a product like NGX, where did one get the money to pay for the pc one install's it on in the first place?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Anyway, rich or poor, piracy is wrong. If one can't afford to pay for a product like NGX, where did one get the money to pay for the pc one install's it on in the first place?
Such an easy answer.

i was wondering if i could still keep the aircraft and not get into anysort if trouble.

I look forward to Jim Young stepping on your head  :smile:

EDIT

Pirate squashed  :Black Eye:

I look forward to Jim Young stepping on your head  :smile:

Beat him to it, though I'd be more curious to see how he'd handle it.

If anyone has any info on this ThePilot401 guy, let me know. With one post here, and nothing coming up on the Goggle, there isn't much to go on, particularly because (not that this is surprising) the post was unsigned.

Kyle Rodgers

To say that "I would have paid for something if I had liked it" is like saying "I would not have lied if I had not been caught".

Nonsense!

Piracy is piracy. It is a crime, always was and always will be, no matter which flag you fly.

Kind regards,