Sign in to follow this  

737NGX 'short' checklist (from C&Dd to C&D) version 3

By now I have one thing that will be added to the list and one thing that has to be corrected (amazing that no one noticed that... or at least no one posted it... :()New addition will be (during preflight):COURSE - SET BEARING FIRST WAYPOINT (SEE • LEGS)And the correction has to be the baro at descent: I copied the line from the climb there but forgot to change STD... it will be something like:AT TRANS ALT - BARO LOCAL PRESSUREI've been told (elsewhere) various other things are missing (like settings on the Take off 2/2 page, rwy wind, slop and cond.) but those things are too advanced imho for this list. :( The list is made for flights without failures or things like that, so settings for aborting take off or go around also aren't included. Even though I changed the order of things according to the official normal procedures, it still is a list based on the tutorial with added info for starting with cold and dark: it's not a full and official checklist.It's still a shame I can't edit the OP because just as with the previous versions, people keep on downloading the pdf from the OP instead of the latest version... I think that when I receive no other remarks here, that I will upload the final version (not meaning perfect but simply finished as far as I am concerned) in a new topic again sometime this week. I will probably also add a doc version so people can add things to their liking :( and also an htm for use in the FSX kneeboard (even though I can't get it looking really good).

Edited by Guest

LOL Okay! :wink:I've attached version 4 to this post. The list is almost completely according to the order in the official manual now (normal procedures): the order has changed a lot in specific areas (specially page 2) and the approach phase is very different (no more use of VOR/LOC amongst others and also a different order, which worked great btw over here! Finally I was able to turn on CMD B without problems), so I decided to call it version 4 right away. :wink:As you all (?) might have noticed this is a work in progress...!!! So feel free to download it and see if it all works, but take note that things may change at any time in the future (again). And please let me know if things don't work out!
Engine Start part: Parking brake ON before removing wheel chocks and packs to OFF for more pressure to be avalible! APU bleed to ON. ;)

Engine Start part: Parking brake ON before removing wheel chocks and packs to OFF for more pressure to be avalible! APU bleed to ON. ;)
Thanks for checking!Parking brake on before removing chocks makes sense. :( I will change that order.When you load the cold and dark state the packs are already off and APU bleed is already on, so... those items aren't on the list! The list only shows the things you actually have to do! :( Edited by Guest

My checklist
Looks cool!!! However, this is a 'real' CHECKlist and it has a completely different purpose and target group. Maybe I shouldn't call my list a checklist... :( Maybe I should call it 'abbreviated normal procedures' or 'newbie-737NGX-to-do-list' or 'the shortest list with everything you really have to do in order to fly the PMDG 737NGX'. blum.gif

Looks cool!!! However, this is a 'real' CHECKlist and it has a completely different purpose and target group. Maybe I shouldn't call my list a checklist... :( Maybe I should call it 'abbreviated normal procedures' or 'newbie-737NGX-to-do-list' or 'the shortest list with everything you really have to do in order to fly the PMDG 737NGX'. blum.gif
Just learn the amplified procedures from FCOM and watch videos like just planes for better understanding of when and what to do. Then you will need just a normal checklist. Edited by FCOM

Just learn the amplified procedures from FCOM and watch videos like just planes for better understanding of when and what to do. Then you will need just a normal checklist.
True! However, I made my list mainly for when I haven't flown the 737NGX for a while (it happens :( ) and having a list like this helps me get into the air quickly without having to go through all manuals again. That's the main purpose of the list: a reminder for the future. As it is now I don't need the list at all because after making it, everything is in my head by now. :( And btw I am not a die hard simmer and so I don't like to check things which don't have to be checked because they are 100% as they should be everytime after loading the cold and dark state... So you might also call the list a 'casual pilot list'. blum.gif

Jeroen,Your list the perfect tool for many of us - and never mind the name ;-). And as such should not be changed into anything else!I have now taken your version 4 and made it .htm (using the programme you kindly mentioned). It does look fine.But I do have a problem: When I follow your list´s SHUTDOWN procedure and SECURE procedure, all ends fine. But when I then take it from the start, something is missing. It is perhaps not missing in relation to the loaded C&D stage, but try yourself to "secure" and then start at the top of your list. And pls. tell me if I am completely wrong.I have another problem, not actually concerning the list, but when I try to "reverse" the SECURE and SHUTDOWN, my DUs won't come to real life. They are lit up but with no real content. And I can't get the yaw damper o stay ON. Any help/comment?RegardsCarl Michael

Jeroen,Your list the perfect tool for many of us - and never mind the name ;-). And as such should not be changed into anything else!I have now taken your version 4 and made it .htm (using the programme you kindly mentioned). It does look fine.But I do have a problem: When I follow your list´s SHUTDOWN procedure and SECURE procedure, all ends fine. But when I then take it from the start, something is missing. It is perhaps not missing in relation to the loaded C&D stage, but try yourself to "secure" and then start at the top of your list. And pls. tell me if I am completely wrong.I have another problem, not actually concerning the list, but when I try to "reverse" the SECURE and SHUTDOWN, my DUs won't come to real life. They are lit up but with no real content. And I can't get the yaw damper o stay ON. Any help/comment?RegardsCarl Michael
LOL Thanks.Ha, that's a fun exercise... I never thought about beginning at the top of the list again after securing the aircraft...!!! LOL I always load the dark and cold state before I start another flight... But I will try it myself (won't happen today anymore, I think...) and let you know how it goes... :wink:If you try to reverse the list by simply going back up the list item by item: that won't work indeed. For instance the step to turn the APU gens comes much too late then! You will be missing all kinds of steps that way.For who is interested: I already made a version 5. :( I corrected a few errors and also made the order a bit more 'fluent', so you can do certain things in a flow instead of having to look up and down and left and right all the time. I only did this in every phase, though: I didn't move everything around once more.What will be a more apparent difference is the lay-out. I printed my last version and found it to be rather big. So I made the font a bit smaller, turned the page 90 degrees and now everything fits on ONE doublesided A4! I find it more convenient! ;) I will attach it to this post for who is interested.Since this file can't be easily converted to htm anymore, I also created an html version, however, I still can't get it right somehow. It's a bit small and the space in the cells is different everywhere... But well, who knows someone can fix it. Since I can't upload an htm or zip here, I've uploaded the htm as a zip elsewhere: http://www.fsfiles.o.../1328121375.zipBe sure to rename it according to the 737NGX version you want to use it in. (No need to change names in cfg's etc.)P.S. Something I should have said earlier (I suppose) is that I use the plane that's also used in the tutorial (737NGX-800 PMDG House Winglets). This might be important because of various settings that plane uses! For instance you can't intercept the glideslope before you intercept the localizer. In other planes this might be possible and then you might need to use VOR/LOC during approach. Also some switches like bus transfer might be set up differently. Anyway, if something doesn't work, try to do it with the default plane that's also used in the official tutorial...I think that version 5 will be my final version. Everything seems to work okay and I have had it with tables for now. The passengers might not like everything (like the packs being off until after the engine start) but well, I never had a complaint, so... :( Edited by Guest

Dear Jeroen,I am also going horizontal now. But I am looking forwards to your trying the list from D&C after your own "SECURE".And when I tried to reverse, I really tried to do it in the right way - i.e. not directly reversing, but going backwards "as appropriate".Talk again tomorrow - after I download v.5.......Carl Michael

This evening I will give it a try (just wait for another 10 to 12 hours or so... :( ).

No hurry. As of this afternoon I am away from my PC for a couple of days :(

I've used your latest version twice so far....no issues for me other than setting the parking brake before removing the chocks at the gate. Great job. It's a nice bridge to get me started with Cold & Dark...I will eventually do the full checklist, but this is great.

I've used your latest version twice so far....no issues for me other than setting the parking brake before removing the chocks at the gate. Great job. It's a nice bridge to get me started with Cold & Dark...I will eventually do the full checklist, but this is great.
Thanks! Glad you like it!Version 5B is already finished (I wonder if you used version 5 or not because in that one I already reversed the set brake - remove chocks order...) but I don't want to spam the forum with each and every revision I make, so I will wait until I have some more reactions (on another forum btw) and then I will upload the new version (5B). There are some small changes only to make things more realistic: nothing really that different: two or three items are moved to another spot and (for realism sake) I added steps to turn the packs to auto after APU start and off before engine start (some passengers started complaining... :( ). I also added two lines at the very top of the list stating which livery I used (default 800 PMDG House Winglets, the one form the tutorial) and that using other liveries may result in settings being different by default. Again, nothing big, but just a bit better yet. :wink:I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's a shame you can't edit an OP anymore after some time, because I see people are still downloading version 3, while only a some mega_shok.gif people downloaded version 4 and even less version 5... I guess that when I finished version 5 (which will definitely be the last version!) I will have to make one more new topic about it... Edited by Guest

Thanks for this guide, going to go through it tonight, I've been following one on youtube, but for some reason, not ALL my nav equipment gets powered up. I don't have my waypoints and stuff, I enter them in the FMC, but they aren't displaying any sort of nav or even compass heading on the instrument panel, there is some image there, but not all.-Bill