Sign in to follow this  

737NGX 'short' checklist (from C&Dd to C&D) version 3

But I do have a problem: When I follow your list´s SHUTDOWN procedure and SECURE procedure, all ends fine. But when I then take it from the start, something is missing. It is perhaps not missing in relation to the loaded C&D stage, but try yourself to "secure" and then start at the top of your list. And pls. tell me if I am completely wrong.
Well, I gave it a try and I almost succeeded...1. The VC (everything) looked exactly the same after turning the battery on again after shutdown and securing as it did after the initial load. So far all is well.2. The only thing that is different is that when you go to the FMC you won't be able to go to POS INIT right away: you have to press on INIT REF and use INDEX to get to the POS page. After that all is fine.3. Everything went perfect until I wanted to start the engines. Engine 1 started without a problem but there was no way in the world that I could start engine 2... Odd. Everything else worked perfect (also everything else I had to do after starting engine 1, although if course only the 'right side' of the overhead worked). I will give it another try tomorrow... but maybe it's just safer to reload the cold and dark state... :wink:About the list: I have finished it now apart from one little item I have to check. I had a real world Boeing 737 pilot (not NGX) looking at the list and although he doesn't fly the NGX, he does know Boeings and what the normal procedure and workflow is. I changed the order here and there so the flow is like it is in real life now. Well, for that pilot, of course. I never heard of pilots doing everything the same... :( But at least, even though my list is not official and not complete (since it only shows the mandatory steps) he said it was a fine and very useful list now. :( When the last item is checked, I will finish it and post it as pdf, probably in a new topic. And that version will be the final one...

Jeroen,I think we are many who highly appreciate all your work - its great.But it seems that Bill has the same problem as I: Having followed your "secure" and then starting up again, the DUs do not come up with any data (except for the central with engine data).I simply wonder what I do wrong or don't do????I will do some intensive "trial and error" (mainly error I am afraid) to try to solve the problem. There must be one tiny switch............But then again, I managed to start both engines - setting the bleed valves as previously described - I know: I promissed not to mention bleed valves any more, but you will forgive me :pardon:RegardsCarl Michael

Edited by CMIBM

Hello "Captain" Jeroen, had followed your continiously improving short check list http://www.fsfiles.o.../1328121375.zip, , trust this is the latest one. In the initial version had some difficulty with some actions to be done, which were not listed. Thanks again, great help, will try it tonight!

Hi Guys....

rainy day in Argentina and this topic is just waht I needed....

Big ?

Where can I download this?

Thanks all

Will Charles...

This is a very old Topic Will.

Cold and Dark is not a "normal" state for an NG. I would suggest long as the best option as your NG is connected to a GPU. 

If your looking for flows have a look in my sig.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Because I can't edit the OP of my other topic anymore, I'd thought it would be a good idea to post a new topic for the new (3rd) version of my pdf. I see people are still downloading the very first version (some 450 people have downloaded that one by now), which is nice but a shame too because by now two other version have been posted already and the 3rd one is quite different as far as the layout is concerned: more straightforward and easier to understand. I hope. :wink:You can read more about the pdf here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/360939-737ngx-short-checklist-from-cdd-to-cd-please-checkIn that topic you will also find some information about a version that can be downloaded and used in the FSX kneeboard, although right now that file is based on version 2 of the short checklist. As I said, this 3rd version is completely revised as far as the layout is concerned: the content hardly changed, apart from some details.

Where can I find your pdf to download?

thank you

Pat this is years old its probably not there anymore.

Have a look though the links in by sig it might help you.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi

I may be being dumb here, but I cannot see how to download this checklist - can anyone help please?

ta pat

It will be out of date anyway. the panel states changed after SP1D and this "checklist" relies on users starting from a given state. It's not a checklist at all. It's a list of actions to follow from a given starting point. If you start from a different state (long, short, etc) these actions almost certainly won't work properly. A checklist is not usually supposed to be "read and do" but to "do" and then check all the items.

Far better therefore to use the Boeing checklists PMDG provided. These are applicable to any panel state. Learn about flows (as David keeps reminding us he has some you can use). Flows are how you set up the panel ready for each checklist and they are memorised. That sounds daunting but as you begin to understand why switches and controls need to be in a given position it becomes increasingly easy to remember because the switches are in a logical position that you understand. The checklist is then used to verify that the flow was performed correctly.

If you use a written action list, you'll have to read it everytime you fly unless you have a very good memory to remember every single action.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks for that. Obviously a terminology issue (on my part) as, following your definition, it's flows I'm really looking for, and yes I agree, its best to understand the reason why you are doing something, rather than learn by rote. I'll hunt out the ones you referred to. Thank you

It would be nice if the PMDG states were sort of random a bit....what I mean is that a few switchers were knocked or not set right within reason but were within the state they would be, so we did not start with the 100% same state every time. But am being picky. 

On 1/29/2012 at 6:39 AM, J van E said:

How do I download the pdf I don't see it on the pose? 

40 minutes ago, djgruv said:

How do I download the pdf I don't see it on the pose? 

That was 7 years ago...