Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

My Thoughts as Forum Moderator

My thoughts as Forum ModeratorThese are my own personal thoughts and have no official status. But since I am the moderator of this forum, and many do not know me, or of me, it is only fair that I let you know how I hope to do my job. First, I love the ORBX products, and own dozens of them. Because of that I think that it is an excellent idea that AVSIM provide this unofficial ORBX support forum that is independent of ORBX itself for purposes that include those outlined below. Again, these statements are my own, and have no official sanction, but are merely a statement of my beliefs and moderating intentions. Rightfully so, my duties and authority are held in trust and is limited as such.This forum is a responsibly moderated free and open online community within the AVSIM ToS for those who wish to be a part and who legitimately own and want to better enjoy the benefits of their ORBX products. It is not for those that don't. That means members can share everything ORBX related here, our problems, our solutions and our opinions in an atmosphere free of fear of unwarranted censure or control. That means that the freedom to celebrate ORBX and it's products, debate ORBX and it's products and criticize ORBX and it's products are all held to be equally valid and valuable as a fundamental foundation to expressing that freedom. However, there is a delicate balance that must be maintained.As with all freedoms everywhere, there are safeguards here that ensure that all those that belong and participate conduct themselves according to commonly accepted rules and regulations that govern all aspects within AVSIM. Violators that contravene the AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS) will reap the penalties specified in the Terms of Service. Similarly those that adhere to the AVSIM Terms of Service will benefit from the privleges associated with them. As far as I am concerned everyone who wants to belong to, and positively participates in this forum community, stands on level ground with everyone else, including myself. These are not just lofty ideals, but commonly held sense and sentiment.Whether anyone is a brand new ORBX customer, or those with long histories, all are first class members in this forum, with a front row seat. I like rigorous discussion but have little if any tolerance for personal attacks and vicious vendettas. Most of us have had enough of those to last a lifetime on various other internet forums, so any of that sort of behavior here will be swiftly followed with appropriate moderation. However this is not like a police state where control and authority are the primary objectives to be forcefully demonstrated at every opportunity, but rather a gathering place of friends and acquaintances where either is exercised only when absolutely necessary to protect the common good.I hope that we can build a solid and lasting community here that will rise above any of our weaknesses and narrow self interests. That means I am going to need your help in every way to go the extra mile with me and each other, and to be quick to let go of those things that tend to sour even the best of intentions. In other words, let's climb to the highest common denominator, and not let ourselves ever to sink to the lowest. That means that as adults we have to make choices in our own actions and reactions. Our choices will make this forum either successful, mediocre or a failure.Those are our options going forward, as I see it.Kind regards,

Good luck Stephen........ Michael J

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

The right man in the right place at the right time et cetera. Stephen for president! :(

The right man in the right place at the right time et cetera. Stephen for president! :(
+1 Better make it Prime Minister, as the Union Jack is still pasted to the back of the Maple Leaf blum.gif

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Very well said! I hope this does become a great forum section.

Stephen,The rules of this forum are quite simple. Please dont make it any more complicated than it needs to be. Topic locked.......oh, wait a minute.... :lol:Seriously, could not agree more! Im sure we will all have a good time here.

Well boys and girls,It has been almost a month since this forum started, so let's have it: How are we doing and what can we all do to keep it bubbling along?Kind regards,

Well if all we talk about is Orbx as the title of the Forums imply ORBX Forum, then it will be hard to keep it going.The very reason the Orbx forums were so good was the way the pilot lounge forums keep everyone informed what was happening in our hobby. The Hard ware forums for asking for help etc. Also posting SS is also nice for seeing friends having fun. But what made them so good IMO were the people who posted there a lot and many are now here.There forums are dead now in almost all respects.It would be very nice if we could bring them things to this sub forums so in away this because what we all had before.We have one post with over 10,000 views so people will come here its down to us all to make it work. But we need more scope within this forum if possible.

Edited by NyxxUK

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm doing just fine, thank you. :( In all honesty there isn't much bubbling over here when it comes to Orbx... It was 'nice' sharing some experiences but I somehow don't feel the (daily or even weekly) need to specifically talk about Orbx-related stuff... I'm done with Orbx, really...EDITIt took some time before I had the opportunity to post my post and NyxxUK posted something in the meantime: he is right: if all we talk about is Orbx, we will be done soon. And all the rest that made the Orbx forum nice is already covered in the other Avsim subforums...! So I guess this subforum will mainly be used for support, if possible, and some release news... I don't think you'll have a lot of moderating to do on this forum, Stephen... :(

Edited by J van E

I think you're doing brilliantly Stephen :) Yes, the sub forum has several topics such as New Releases as well as ORBX - compatible addons. Many of the topics intended for the other forums are being moved here :D Saying that, the forum is quite controlled, so as Jeroen said, I don't think moderating should be much of a problem :(

I'm using them Firefox tabs, Stephen, and your forum has replaced the OrbiX "Official" forum completely. I use only the http://www.fullterra...om/support.html to keep in tune with the updates and new releases, but that's all.My purpose in going there initially, was to join the "PNW Flying Club".. and that slowly turned sour, as it became patently obvious that 'we' (sic) were never going to have an organized club, nor were we even going to have the much-touted "OrbiX server" that was "being built" (really?) by JK. In fact - there are/were so many "Log your online flights here" "Post your online flights here" "Use this 'Calendar' to post you online flight plans" sub-forums - it was a continuous, confusing mess, punctuated with "Rah-Rah - Happy Birthday, Ian", or whoever. I mean - how many sub-forums do you need for on-line flying? I don't miss it. After the Christmas debacle (yes - I bought in to the pre-release sale.. grrrrr) I (correctly) succumbed to the herd instinct and divorced OrbiX completely, and so you, my friend, are now the face of OrbX - not JV or JK. (I'm not sure just why that 'Darth Vader' pic, but it does/did send a not-too subtle message, doesn't it?). :(

Edited by Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

That not Darpht Vader, that's Batman.batman.pngThis is Darpht Vader:darth_vader.pngSee the difference? blum.gif

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.